Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Forza Motorsport 3 (XBOX 360) - .XMA files problem

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
NOWAX
ultra-n00b

Forza Motorsport 3 (XBOX 360) - .XMA files problem

Post by NOWAX »

Greetings,

I gotta be honest with you in advance ppl, i've just been trying this for the last three hours, i'm not an expert in the subject of extracting and such, so excuse me if this is as easy as it gets lol.

Let me get to the point: I wanted to extract some UI Sounds from Forza Motorsport 3, so I extracted all the game data, and went directly to the file called "UIInGame.fsb", which surprisingly weighs about 1mb. I used different programs, such as Game Extractor, fsbext, and FsbExtractor, I tried exporting the .XMA files within the .FSB file to a folder. As a matter of fact, FsbExtractor told me how long the audio cue is.

HOWEVER, here's my problem, when I try to open the .XMA files I extracted through the online player from vgmstream.org, the files are less than 1 second, and I can only hear a glitched sound which lasts like a millisecond or so, and I don't know what to do, am I missing something here, or what? Any help will be appreciated, and i'm sorry if this is the simplest thing ever!!

ALSO, here's the link to the file if you want to check it out, it's on Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iLwojn ... share_link
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Forza Motorsport 3 (XBOX 360) - .XMA files problem

Post by DKDave »

You can just drop the fsb file(s) into Foobar (with vgmstream plugin) and you'll be play/convert them from there if required.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
NOWAX
ultra-n00b

Re: Forza Motorsport 3 (XBOX 360) - .XMA files problem

Post by NOWAX »

DKDave wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:37 pm You can just drop the fsb file(s) into Foobar (with vgmstream plugin) and you'll be play/convert them from there if required.
Oh that worked like wonder, thank you so much! I'm so happy that I can finally be able to listen to the .fsb file!!!