Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Warhammer 40k Darktide [Stingray]

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Br1ck
ultra-n00b

Warhammer 40k Darktide [Stingray]

Post by Br1ck »

Has anyone tried to extract the bundle files from the darktide beta?
I tried to use two different Vermintide Bundle extractors and bitsquid unpacker without any success.
Would like to access the image/icon and translation files.
Could provide files if necessary.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out
AncientV25
ultra-n00b

Re: Warhammer 40k Darktide [Stingray]

Post by AncientV25 »

Vermintide 2 and VT Endtimes bundles were compressed with zlib.
Darktide bundles are compressed with oodle. Format shouldn't be significantly different from VT2 otherwise afaik.
schnoodle
ultra-n00b

Post by schnoodle »

Have you made progress on this? I'd love to know how to get in to see how the music loops work.
I tried to look into oodle from the above post, but I genuinely haven't seen anything like these game files before. No file extension or anything.
Br1ck
ultra-n00b

Post by Br1ck »

You can unpack the bundle files with this:
https://github.com/ManShanko/limn
Br1ck
ultra-n00b

Post by Br1ck »

I am currently trying to decompress the translation string files which are supposed to be sjson, some autodesk json thing. Did not figure out how exactly they are compressed though. Maybe I am just dumb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

This "strings" file is not compressed. You can open it in hex editor (like Hex Workshop) and see for yourself.
You can spot some uncompressed texts like "Path of Trust" or "Au Strategium".

Btw, what is sjson? And why do you think this file can be converted to sjson?
Br1ck
ultra-n00b

Post by Br1ck »

According to the documentation of the engine the files should be key value pairs in form of this sjson.
https://github.com/Autodesk/sjson
I do know that you can partially read the file, that was also the case for the compiled luajit code.
The problem is that I need to find the translations for specific keys.
smashbert
ultra-n00b

Post by smashbert »

Hi I am completely new to trying to extract files from games. My goal is just to get a specific 3d model so I can try to make it for myself.

I downloaded the .exe to unpack files as mentioned below but it doesn't do anything when opened. I'm way out of my league here if anyone could give me some more details as to what I need to do in order to find this specific 3d model?
Br1ck wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:46 pm You can unpack the bundle files with this:
shrubbery
ultra-n00b

Post by shrubbery »

smashbert wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:59 pm Hi I am completely new to trying to extract files from games. My goal is just to get a specific 3d model so I can try to make it for myself.

I downloaded the .exe to unpack files as mentioned below but it doesn't do anything when opened. I'm way out of my league here if anyone could give me some more details as to what I need to do in order to find this specific 3d model?
Br1ck wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:46 pm You can unpack the bundle files with this:
I am also new, but I managed something. I created a shortcut of the exe. Then right click on the shortcut and select properties.
under target, I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 Darktide\bundle" after limn.exe

Then I ran the exe and it created a folder named "out" and extracted the files (it took a couple of minutes).
But all the files have strange names, and I don't know which files would contain the 3D models.
I could only identify the textures, which were .dds
Proxy3089
ultra-n00b

Post by Proxy3089 »

Hello. I have the same goal - to get the models out of the game. And it doesn't work either. Where should I put Limm.exe so that it decrypts the files? Can you suggest? I don't understand at all.
shrubbery
ultra-n00b

Post by shrubbery »

So yeah in the end extracting didn't work for me, but I had success ripping the files from the game.

It involves buying a 6 $/€/£ program, some additonal free programs and blender pluggins. It is not as straightforward, but in the end I managed to get the models I wanted. I didn't bother with textures, since as I've read from others, getting the textures is even harder and I don't need them for my purposes.
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
KillaYushee
ultra-n00b

Post by KillaYushee »

There are other options, but without using ninjaripper?