Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Glacier 1 Audio Tool

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
WSSDude
ultra-n00b

Glacier 1 Audio Tool

Post by WSSDude »

Glacier 1 Audio Tool

Supported for import:
  • Hitman: Codename 47 (IDX/BIN pairs)
  • Hitman: Silent Assassin (WHD/WAV pairs + streams.wav)
  • Hitman: Contracts (WHD/WAV pairs + streams.wav)
Supported for export:
  • Hitman: Codename 47 (IDX/BIN pairs)
  • Hitman: Silent Assassin (WHD/WAV pairs + streams.wav)
  • Hitman: Contracts (WHD/WAV pairs + streams.wav)
  • Hitman: Blood Money (WHD/WAV pairs + STR)
Features:
  • Supports multiple Glacier 1 games (see list of supported formats and games above)
  • Automatically converts data to desired format on import
  • Ability to show modified entries in archives thanks to original records caching
  • Currently 2 supported languages - English and Czech
  • Read about features in more detail in README.md
Requires VS2022 Visual C++ Redistributable (x64) to work!
https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Source https://github.com/WSSDude/Glacier1AudioTool
Version 1.2.1 https://github.com/WSSDude/Glacier1Audi ... /tag/1.2.1
Last edited by WSSDude on Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
WSSDude
ultra-n00b

Re: Hitman Audio Tool (Glacier 1)

Post by WSSDude »

I wanted to update wiki pages about the formats this tool works with (*.whd/*.wav), but I cant register (error says new users are not allowed to register atm...)

Would there be a chance for an exception? Feel like it is a shame it has incomplete info when I believe I know a lot about the format and differences between other Glacier 1 games.
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

Wiki is currently broken (missing styles, broken registration etc.), so you can send me info by PM or paste it in this topic and I will update the wiki article for you.
helendam
ultra-n00b

Post by helendam »

thank you for share
WSSDude
ultra-n00b

Re: Glacier 1 Audio Tool

Post by WSSDude »

Updated to new version and rebranded from Hitman Audio Tool to Glacier 1 Audio Tool.

Latest release has some bugfixes, new layout, a lot of QoL improvements and most of all - fully working export for Hitman Blood Money!
Exports should be as perfect as they get and should be the best results from all the tools and scripts currently available.

Exports respect boundaries of data (many of the scripts and existing tools did not), should properly handle WAV data prepended with LIPs (practically everything ignored this aspect of the files), should properly handle aliased WAV data offsets (another pitfall no tool exported properly) and more.

It also performs conversion to more easily playable PCM S16 format, as game uses odd sample rates as form of compression (verified all of the data is correct, many players have issues with such data though hence the conversion). Conversion can be turned off in options. By default, only WAV files with odd sample rates are converted, as OGG seems to have better support for these. OGG files can also be automatically converted though if user selects appropriate setting.

It also has support for any import format libsndfile is able to import (everything gets converted on the background to PCM S16 stream game understands in case of unknown format to game).

Overall, huge release with tons of changes.

I also included some basic docs in the repository documenting the formats. They are very barebones, I plan to rewrite them to nicer format. They should be used as reference when someone wants to make their own decoders/encoders.
WSSDude
ultra-n00b

Post by WSSDude »

ikskoks wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:29 pm Wiki is currently broken (missing styles, broken registration etc.), so you can send me info by PM or paste it in this topic and I will update the wiki article for you.
Format docs for STR and WHD+WAV pair specifically for Hitman Blood Money primarily for export purposes (along with some writeup on format details and parsing algorithm I used and verified works as intended) can be found here:
STR
WHD+WAV pairs

I'm planning on slowly writing the rest as I once mentioned, already have bits-and-pieces of some other formats written in the repo.
WSSDude
ultra-n00b

Re: Glacier 1 Audio Tool

Post by WSSDude »

Thanks to some feedback on ReHitman Discord, I found and fix some issues with exported Hitman: Blood Money data. Updated the tool, I hope it should now correctly export everything.

https://github.com/WSSDude/Glacier1Audi ... /tag/1.2.1

Updated links also in OP.