Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Cat planet .bytes unity encryption

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
jenny1367
beginner

Cat planet .bytes unity encryption

Post by jenny1367 »

game name: 猫之城
Where I downloaded it: https://www.biligame.com/detail/?id=104958
Unity game, I can provide an account if anyone's willing to dig into it (as this game is usually blocked outside of cn(but assets are downloadable on launch without need of account).
example below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrYouKnowItAll
n00b

Re: Cat planet .bytes unity encryption

Post by MrYouKnowItAll »

ask some people in unitypy discord server to help you crack it
jenny1367
beginner

Post by jenny1367 »

MrYouKnowItAll wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:36 am ask some people in unitypy discord server to help you crack it
will try, thank you very much ><
hunshimowangzhy
ultra-n00b

Post by hunshimowangzhy »

Were you able to get any success? I have encountered quite a few CN unity games using this particular encryption method. They have the first 1k bytes encrypted after the header, and all seem to use the same algorithm as you can see that 00 is replaced with A6 around offset 0xD0. However I am not smart enough to figure out the exact method they were using.
If anyone is interested, there is an encrypted file and an unencrypted bundle from some other game in the attachments for comparison.

Update 8/11:
After some research, I discovered that those games are encrypted by Netease's safety product 易盾, so the encryption is probably non-trivial (: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.