Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Nathanael
ultra-n00b

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post by Nathanael »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:26 pm Cutsom inquisitor tool is ready. But it will not be published, at least yet.
Those who want to extract cutsom faces, PM me.

Hello, I've been looking for a tool for a long time to extract a custom head mesh for the inquisition, Since when trying to do this work with a ninja ripper it is impossible, the structure of the mesh that I extract from the game is damaged, Please tell me, maybe you have already published the tool somewhere? Because I've looked through all the pages of this post but haven't found anything. And I apologize in advance, English is my second language
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

no, i never posted that tool
Nathanael
ultra-n00b

Post by Nathanael »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:19 pm no, i never posted that tool
Oh thanks for the reply, I was planning on making a mod for Anders and port to D.A:O, Fortunately, your tool is not the only way to do this. In any case, I shouldn't have bothered you.
jonslynn
ultra-n00b

Post by jonslynn »

Thank you so much daemon1! I did a Bespin level first from SWBF2.

Question... Is the Anthem version better in what way? I have been using other and not sure what the difference is but thanks for all you did and sharing. I am working on Naboo files now. Hard part is textures. I merge the materials with same name.

Well done! Cheers and thanks again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZeGPCP ... share_link
calahir
ultra-n00b

Post by calahir »

Extracting models is working well. Is there a way to extract animations too?
kloruklass
beginner

Post by kloruklass »

I've extracted the TOC files from Dead Space 2023, but how to convert the EBX sound files?
I've tried the Frostbite script "EBX to Asset" but it always asks me for the "GuidTable" which is not available.

Link: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts

The "Dumper" inside which should extract all the game files and write the GuidTable is not working at all.

Can someone help me out?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

kloruklass wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:30 pm I've extracted the TOC files from Dead Space 2023, but how to convert the EBX sound files?
Your best bet is to try/test FrostyToolSuite, no clue how well the game is supported or if even, so check it out.
kloruklass wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:30 pm I've tried the Frostbite script "EBX to Asset" but it always asks me for the "GuidTable" which is not available.

Link: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts

The "Dumper" inside which should extract all the game files and write the GuidTable is not working at all.

Can someone help me out?
You are out of luck in this regard using Nicknines scripts, he stopped supporting the Frostbite engine after 2017/2018 games i believe from what i can remember, anything new after and including Anthem, is NOT supported so neither of the scripts in GitHub above will be of any help to you for that game.
Nathanael
ultra-n00b

Post by Nathanael »

Can I ask you if you are fixing the bones of the head mesh with the tool xna posing studio? It seems to me looking at your screenshot that this is mostly manual work
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Nathanael wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:16 am
Can I ask you if you are fixing the bones of the head mesh with the tool xna posing studio? It seems to me looking at your screenshot that this is mostly manual work
No, no manual work is involved.
minaouet
ultra-n00b

Post by minaouet »

Hello i'm trying to extract some 3D model from BF 2042. Almost of files is correctly export expect all files concerning the Exodus ship.

The bf2042_mesh.exe return the following message :

C:\Users\minaouet\Documents\RIP BF2042\2042_dump>bf2042_mesh.exe imm_shipbody_01_mesh.MeshSet
Chunk not found: BAEBD7C6671B4B6ACE3D0EF3C624590B.chunk

I have already treat every toc files with toc2042.exe

Any one have an idea of what is wrong with these particular files ?

Thank You :]
jinougaf
ultra-n00b

Post by jinougaf »

Anyone knows where is the audio files for Battlefield 2042 located? I managed to find the mesh and texture but I can not find any audio files.
kloruklass
beginner

Post by kloruklass »

Isn't it possible to make a tool to extract the audio and sound effects from Dead Space Remake, Battlefield 2042, Anthem, and previous games that are made with Frostbite? Everything is about graphics, and it's great for those who are interested. But the audio part is always left behind.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

kloruklass wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:07 pm Isn't it possible to make a tool to extract the audio and sound effects from Dead Space Remake, Battlefield 2042, Anthem, and previous games that are made with Frostbite? Everything is about graphics, and it's great for those who are interested. But the audio part is always left behind.
As i have responded above, you CAN extract ALL audios/sounds/music with proper names and file folder structure a game has on the Frostbite engine including consoles and earlier games as you said, just NOT starting with Anthem game and up due to changes in the format using the script by Nicknine mentioned in link above.
He just didn't and probably never will support the new formats, which is odd giving the fact he is a audio reversing guy first and foremost.
Why don't you ask him directly here in the forum on his account or on github, maybe he changed his mind over time, you never know.

PS. If i am not mistaken, you can use Frosty Suite to dump entire audio/sound folder to XML, then parse each audio/sound XML and rename yourself each and every .chunk to their corresponding converted/de-serialized XML from EBX. A bit of heads up, that is a lot of manual work that can take weeks or months.
dionaea
ultra-n00b

Post by dionaea »

so is there still any possibility to ask you to extract custom inquisitor head?
richardphone
n00b

Post by richardphone »

i'm lookng into extracting animation for anthem did anyone manage to do that ?