Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

FromSoft FLVER to ASCII (Sekiro and newer)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
takoyaki111
advanced

Re: FromSoft FLVER to ASCII (Sekiro and newer)

Post by takoyaki111 »

On some models Daemons bloodborne tool doesn't make ascii models, so I can't transfer the bones to the ascii made from this tool to get proper bones
bootyflute
ultra-n00b

Post by bootyflute »

shakotay2 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:18 am
bootyflute wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:49 pmIs there anyway to do a batch convert?
Depends on whether the C# program supports command line parameters. Check this first, please. (If not, adding support should be possible, since the source is given.)
I wish I knew more programming, but using "C:\FLVERtoASCII.exe C:\1.flver" seems to just load the program. I wanted to hopefully extract all the maps and enemies for a custom Pathfinder campaign and have all the .flvers extracted but would prefer .ascii/.smd files since blender can't properly load all .flver flies.
ngovandang
veteran

Post by ngovandang »

since this used soul format, is it possible to get this to work with the older games flver?
yaqdhan
ultra-n00b

Post by yaqdhan »

kotn3l wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:17 pm
Hey guys! I've found this universal FLVER importer plugin for Blender on GitHub. (all credit goes to elizagamedev)

But it cannot open most FLVER character files. I forked it, and made some fixes on my own, however without the knowledge on how to properly debug a blender python plugin, I can't figure out how to fully fix it. Currently it throws an exception when retrieving weights. (Index out of range, in importer.py, line 164, it's got something to do with bmesh) When not importing the skeleton, it imports the mesh now without any errors, but the mesh looks pretty rough. (Looks like it's flat shaded)

If you have any insight, and could help me out, feel free to contribute.
OLD^

I gave up on getting that Blender plugin working. I've wrote a new program that can convert from Sekiro and newer (maybe older too, any flver will work that is a FLVER2) Fromsoftware FLVER into ASCII, in C#, using SoulsFormats. All credit goes to them. https://github.com/JKAnderson/SoulsFormats

Issues:
Can't convert bones. Yet. See step 2 below!

Usage:
  • 0. Open the exe. (Yes this has a very basic GUI)
  • 0a. Optional: select a save location.
  • 1. Select the .flver file you want to convert. Once you browse the file, it will convert immediately.
  • 2. Use the Bloodborne tool (all credit goes to daemon1) to get correct bones, and copy them from that ascii to the ascii you got from this. (Replace the 0 at the beginning with the bones from the other (Bloodborne tool converted) ascii -- select everything from the beginning upto the same number you see under the 0)
  • 3. Use XNALaraMesh.2.0.2 BLENDER plugin to open the ascii, make sure "Join MeshParts" is disabled. Noesis is NOT recommended, since most hair/fur have 3 UVs -- Noesis only exports 2 at most. (At least into FBX)
  • 4. Have fun. :)
Hello, the XNALara to Blender python script (2.0.2) doesn't seem to support the elden ring ascii file that I extracted with your tool
(And yes, I disabled join MeshParts)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KenseiMyk
ultra-n00b

Post by KenseiMyk »

yaqdhan wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:47 am Hello, the XNALara to Blender python script (2.0.2) doesn't seem to support the elden ring ascii file that I extracted with your tool
(And yes, I disabled join MeshParts)
Hey, did you ever got a fix for this? I tried doing it with Sekiro (c5400 (SS Isshin)) and also got this error. If there's a solution can somebody help me? Thanks.