Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3, PC)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Sprueman
ultra-n00b

Re: Valkyria Chronicles (PS3, PC)

Post by Sprueman »

Hey there. Thanks for all your hard work on making this Importer, gomtuu! I'm looking forward to putting it to use!

I've noticed that Version 8 of the Importer tool doesn't work on Blender 2.82. Is there a way to avoid this issue? Or is the Importer being updated for this?
silenthill2019
ultra-n00b

Post by silenthill2019 »

HI!
Do you know how to multiplexer .PAM (PlayStation Advanced Movie) video files?
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

Since it seems gomtuu hasn't been active for a few months, I guess I'll mention here that I have a branch of the importer that has been updated to work in Blender 2.83, with a number of additional fixes to material handling and map object placement.
hatehatehate
ultra-n00b

Post by hatehatehate »

AlexNG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:29 pm Since it seems gomtuu hasn't been active for a few months, I guess I'll mention here that I have a branch of the importer that has been updated to work in Blender 2.83, with a number of additional fixes to material handling and map object placement.
Just so you're aware, Blender throws up an error when trying to activate an add-on module with a period in it. Removing the 2.8 from the folder name and rezipping allowed me to enable it, but I get a lot of random crashes trying to use it (typically when trying to import, but sometimes even when just deleting objects, or clicking import). I don't know how to diagnose the issue at all beyond that, unfortunately.
nikoofdeath
ultra-n00b

Post by nikoofdeath »

For VC1, there seems to be some sort of limit to the size of files - I had thought it was a limit on the resolution of textures, but it seems it is the combined size of all textures in a file, as including different combinations of higher res textures seems to work, but all of them at once does not (when its too high, the game just gets stuck in an infinite loading cycle whenever the file is used). I'm trying to create a texture pack with AI upscaled textures, but this dramatically increases the difficulty in doing this given the trial and error required to see whether a file will cause the game to crash. As an example, here's the loose files for valcA01bB_m.mlx (welkins charcter model - also applies to valcA01bB_h.mlx, just with 04 deleted and 05 renamed to 04).
https://files.catbox.moe/fq1x0q.7z
I was able to load the game using the upscaled 05.dds and 02.dds together, and using the upscaled 03.dds, but not when using the all three at once (among other combinations that did and did not work). Does anyone have any idea what the exact problem is here, and if there is any solution?
It's especially disappointing since these are actually downscaled from my upscales (4x upscale downscaled by 2x)
Ambrellich
ultra-n00b

Post by Ambrellich »

AlexNG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:29 pm Since it seems gomtuu hasn't been active for a few months, I guess I'll mention here that I have a branch of the importer that has been updated to work in Blender 2.83, with a number of additional fixes to material handling and map object placement.
Hi Alex!
Thank you for the awesome update.

I noticed that 0.8 version (for Blender 2.79b) can export models in FBX format with skinning attached, but your update is not (trying to migrate models to MAYA for further animation ). Please, don't get me wrong - update is AWESOME the most models are loaded just fine (including maps), but maybe there is some advice or a possible fix?

Best regards! [roll]
AlpineEscape
ultra-n00b

Post by AlpineEscape »

Hello, just joined the board, happy to see VC getting some love.

Is there any chance of gaining VC2/VC3 support in the future? I loaded the importer to 2.74 and 2.83 builds of Blender (since 3.3.1 didn't work for me) but it throws out a bunch of errors when importing anything.

I'm trying to see if I can find models of the VC2's Japanese-exclusive characters. Actually attempting to work them back into the game if they're there would be *way* beyond my abilities, but my only reference that they're "in the game, fully localised, just hidden behind password locks" is from old GameFAQs posts, which I'm not sure I believe.