Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
izfitz
ultra-n00b

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post by izfitz »

i am not fully understanding all of this, I have the toc_heat application and dragging and dropping the toc files into said app. Yet the command pops up for a split sec and disappears. its not dumping anything i put into it. Am i missing a step or unbound just doesnt work for toc_heat. only issue is that the post states that you need oo2core_8_win64 but unbound uses oo2core_9_win64, i dont think it makes a difference.
izfitz
ultra-n00b

Post by izfitz »

https://ibb.co/syysmr3
after sometime i figured something out and now im stuck with a mess
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

izfitz wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:19 pm i am not fully understanding all of this, I have the toc_heat application and dragging and dropping the toc files into said app. Yet the command pops up for a split sec and disappears. its not dumping anything i put into it. Am i missing a step or unbound just doesnt work for toc_heat. only issue is that the post states that you need oo2core_8_win64 but unbound uses oo2core_9_win64, i dont think it makes a difference.
Regardless of what oodle version the game has, the tool was developed with a specific version, in that case version 8 usually renaming the dll to the required version works, and also you seem to be missing lots of steps to achieve in what your trying to do, you need to explain better how or what you did.
Also your using the wrong tool, you didn't even bother to go through the posts to find the right answer.
viewtopic.php?p=188489#p188489
dantesai
beginner

Post by dantesai »

mono24 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 pm
cashgrany wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:51 am...I can't find how to open or convert the .ascii files obtained with fb_terrain_swbf2.exe...
Noesis or Blender can open those converted ASCIIs, as long as you provide to those tools the correct python script to load them, for Blender you can use: https://github.com/johnzero7/XNALaraMesh

Also for Blender you can try: https://github.com/REDxEYE/blender_xna
For Noesis: https://github.com/REDxEYE/noe_xna
Both require the following library though to function properly: https://github.com/REDxEYE/py_xna_lib

Why is everyone so lazy to use the search function, why oh why :(
TheHarryAli wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 pm...I can't use this tool by Daemoon1. When i open the exe files the command prompt appears and closes without doing anything...
It is a cmd tool, the developer described already how to use it, in any of his threads/posts he explains how to use his tools, you write his commands in to a text file, change extension from *.TXT to *.BAT then you run that BAT like you would any other executable.

The following is one scenario on how to use it, except you follow the commands given to that respective tool your working with by the developer.
viewtopic.php?p=186121#p186121
please let me know py_xna_lib place where,thx
Deckardddd
ultra-n00b

Post by Deckardddd »

Hey all, is it possible to use the map tool to extract maps from BFV?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Deckardddd wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:59 am Hey all, is it possible to use the map tool to extract maps from BFV?
No. What ever map tool you saw you can clearly see it being specified as to what game it supports.
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

Trying to extract maps for SWBF2

Iv dumped the game, and im trying to extract a map
I open CMD to the folder location of the map tool, i drag in the tool exe and i drag in a ebd and hit enter
It says done immediately but theres no files anywhere for anything

Im not sure what actually files im meant to be looking at
Im after the venator interior
I looked at E:\- SWBF2\Game Dump\bundles\levels\mp\kashyyyk_01\venatorinterior.ebx
and a few other files here has venator in the name but these dont do anything, are these the wrong files to look at?

Anyone have any idea, what is the correct map files im meant to be trying to use with the map tool as theres 1000s of files and none so far are doing much so im guessing im just feeding it the wrong file

Im looking in the level folder but also there are folders with s and a number and there are level folders in there so im checking those but still not getting anything

Any ideas?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

speaker60 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:10 pm Any ideas?
whats your bp.db size?
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:26 pm
speaker60 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:10 pm Any ideas?
whats your bp.db size?
Im just out atm so i cant check, what size should it be roughly, perhaps something when wrong ang i should redo the database scan?

Edit: And the map files should just be any of the ebx files in any of the level folders right?
I assume all levels are broken up into parts (each of the ebx files im seeing)
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

speaker60 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:47 pm Im just out atm so i cant check, what size should it be roughly
about 5 mb
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:10 pm
speaker60 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:47 pm Im just out atm so i cant check, what size should it be roughly
about 5 mb
Mine was 200kb sooo im running it again
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

So after importing a section I can see some placement issues

Its consistently on the right side, left side is fine. This is meant to be symmetrical both sides but you can see on the right walls and floors are off position, is this a known thing.
Any solution to this or why it might happen, or is there just know what around this

Also dose the old Batch_Itexture_Converter_SWBF2 still work on the latest build of the game
I ran it set texture folder to the dump bundle folder and chunk to the dump chunk folder i can see the number count in there 1000s ect The i press get dds and it freeze for a wile then eventually comes back after some time but then nothing no dds anywhere

I saw it wasnt your tool originally just asking or is there another better way to convert textures to dds/png?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

speaker60 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm ...Any solution to this or why it might happen, or is there just know what around this...
It is a known issue for SWBFII, i too tested the tool and there are quite a few issues with improper placement and/or missing, as i like the map too, i'm sure the dev knows them, once he will have time he might resume the tool, we will have to wait and see.
speaker60
beginner

Post by speaker60 »

mono24 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:51 pm
speaker60 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:54 pm ...Any solution to this or why it might happen, or is there just know what around this...
It is a known issue for SWBFII, i too tested the tool and there are quite a few issues with improper placement and/or missing, as i like the map too, i'm sure the dev knows them, once he will have time he might resume the tool, we will have to wait and see.
Ah okay its odd its just on one said, or rather its nod odd as its consistent so maybe that can tell what the issue might be with flipped assets not being translated right. For the venter here the left side, or i should say the right side of the ship just left in the picture was completely fine all placed right and not missing parts, i dont think parts are missing there just placed wrong so it looks like theres gaps

So do you use another method for getting textures, i tired that older tool but had no luck with it
It never made any dds images after clicking the get dds button, it freezes for a wile but comes back and nothing, if i click the show details option it dose show a bunch of texture names but beyond that nothing else
yunochloe
ultra-n00b

Post by yunochloe »

does it work with Dead Space Remake? i mean i have it for ps5, but i'm only gonna buy it for pc too if i'm able to extract stuff