Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Forbidden West [PS4/PS5]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
dantesai
beginner

Re: Horizon Forbidden West

Post by dantesai »

mono24 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:19 pm
dantesai wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:29 am ...4. Blender and noesisv import ascii file(Block).
install blender addon XNALaraMesh and noesisv python script fmt_xna_ascii, in this step,i blocked. i don't konw how to install or place to where the py_xna_lib.(ps:i read mono24 reply, but still Confused in py_xna_lib ),now i can't import mesh to blender or noesisv...
You only need one script installed not all of them, so if you have installed in Blender the XNALaraMesh you do not need the other lib assets, only use those if the other script does not work for you or has undesirable results.
thank you, mono24 :D
dantesai
beginner

Post by dantesai »

dantesai wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:29 am ...4. Blender and noesisv import ascii file(Block).
install blender addon XNALaraMesh and noesisv python script fmt_xna_ascii, in this step,i blocked. i don't konw how to install or place to where the py_xna_lib.(ps:i read mono24 reply, but still Confused in py_xna_lib ),now i can't import mesh to blender or noesisv...
You only need one script installed not all of them, so if you have installed in Blender the XNALaraMesh you do not need the other lib assets, only use those if the other script does not work for you or has undesirable results.
half success import HFW.static mesh is fine,skeleton mesh fail.
i use blender 2.8 + XNA Lara Mesh 2.02 import ascii file,file include static is fine,i think it use socket add on skeleton mesh.

have no include static file import has fail, i think XNA Lara addon can not support HFW skeleton mesh.
but daemon1 show successful video, so i think i haven't used the right method yet.

blender info log give me some text output

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\dante\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\XNALaraMesh\xps_tools.py", line 164, in execute
    status = import_xnalara_model.getInputFilename(xpsSettings)
  File "C:\Users\dante\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\XNALaraMesh\import_xnalara_model.py", line 78, in getInputFilename
    status = xpsImport()
  File "C:\Users\dante\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\XNALaraMesh\import_xnalara_model.py", line 140, in xpsImport
    xpsData = loadXpsFile(xpsSettings.filename)
  File "C:\Users\dante\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\XNALaraMesh\import_xnalara_model.py", line 106, in loadXpsFile
    xpsData = read_ascii_xps.readXpsModel(filename)
  File "C:\Users\dante\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\XNALaraMesh\read_ascii_xps.py", line 223, in readXpsModel
    bones = readBones(ioStream)
  File "C:\Users\dante\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\XNALaraMesh\read_ascii_xps.py", line 95, in readBones
    coords = readXYZ(file)
  File "C:\Users\dante\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\XNALaraMesh\read_ascii_xps.py", line 26, in readXYZ
    y = (ascii_ops.getFloat(values[1]))  # Y pos
IndexError: list index out of range

try to use Noesis + fmt_ascii.py open ascii type file. alike blender , static mesh can be open, skeleton mesh don't work.
i think i missed some important step, so i try to reread this thread
Last edited by dantesai on Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
dantesai
beginner

Post by dantesai »

try to use Noesis + fmt_ascii.py open ascii type file. alike blender , static mesh can be open, skeleton mesh don't work.
i think i missed some important step, so i try to reread this thread
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

dantesai wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:43 pm...i think i missed some important step...
First step is learning how to post properly, stop spamming, learn to edit your last post if you need to add something, don't write a new post each time if your the last one that wrote in the thread, and no need for you to quote the whole post either, keep things organized.
dantesai
beginner

Post by dantesai »

mono24 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:40 pm
dantesai wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:43 pm...i think i missed some important step...
First step is learning how to post properly, stop spamming, learn to edit your last post if you need to add something, don't write a new post each time if your the last one that wrote in the thread, and no need for you to quote the whole post either, keep things organized.
thanks for the reminder
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

Gloomeskk
ultra-n00b

Post by Gloomeskk »

Crazy31139 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:31 pm Hi, someone find Diving Mask
https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1649867303
Yes, DC8C and/or 972E
rentgen7555
ultra-n00b

Post by rentgen7555 »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:58 pm Extracting Edge animations.

1. Export .edgeanim and .edgeskel files from animation group (if its not done yet)

Each robot has several edge skeletons, you need to use correct one, that corresponds to animations. You can see skeleton code in the end of every animation name.

2. Use Edge anim decompiler tool (found in leaked Vita SDK for example)

Hello, can you tell me how to export .edgeanim to smd, or where to get the Sony Edge tool?
richardphone
n00b

Post by richardphone »

does this tool support burning shores DLC ? that Horus boss model is worth extracting . P.S. this game has the best models and animation for indies to study .
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

richardphone wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:22 pm does this tool support burning shores DLC ? that Horus boss model is worth extracting . P.S. this game has the best models and animation for indies to study .
Hi, this extraction tool only for PS4, DLC only on PS5, if author update tool, you need have dump game files ver. 1.21, not possible get files, right now
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

My list, all Aloy suits, maybe be helpfull to someone:
AACB - Nora Tracker
B7AF - Oseram Explorer
B959 - Tenakth High Marshal/Tenakth Skirmisher/Tenakth Vanquisher
C5B5 - Nora Valiant
C5BB - Utaru Harester Suit/Utaru Thresher/Utaru Whisperer
C880 - Oseram Forester/Oseram Wayfarer
C8DA - Nora Thunder Elite
CBB3 - Tenakth Marshal/Tenakth Tactician
CC82 - Oseram Arrow Breaker
CCB9 - Nora Legacy
CCD1 - Carja Behemoth Elite/Carja Behemoth Trapper
CE71 - Oseram Vanguard
D66E - Carja Blazon
D6A2 - Utaru Gravesinger/Utaru Ritesinger/Utaru Warden
D6E6 - Carja Wanderer
D776 - Tenakth Dragoon
D777 - Carja Shadow
D787 - Utaru Hardweave/Utaru Protector/Utaru Winterweave
D7C9 - Tenakth Marauder/Tenakth Sky Climber
D7CD - Tenakth Vindicator
D800 - Oseram Artificer
D813 - Nora Sentinel
D825 - Nora Anointed/Nora Champion
D83F - Carja Stalker Elite
D8D9 - Oseram Striker
D8E1 - Carja Trader
D907 - Tenakth Recon/Tenakth Reaver
D983 - Sobeck's Raiment
D9AF - Carja Storm Ranger (Horizon Zero Dawn)
DA02 - Nora Huntress

NPCs:
078B - Hekarro
2E31 - Talanah Khane Padish
2E80 - Alva
2F10 - Zo
2F9F - Ivvira (Marshal)
A8B8 - Nirik
2DFF - Varl
2EF2 - Erend
A3F5 - Petra
80D4 - Bohai
813E - Tilda van der Meer
7576 - Beta
8119 - GIAI
NACEN
ultra-n00b

Post by NACEN »

Hi friend, I am a forum white, I really want to get the West Impasse game assets, please tell me how to get the pkg file to start the first step
NACEN
ultra-n00b

Post by NACEN »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:56 pm How to use the tool to get full robot.

1. Find mesh skeleton, physics skeleton and skeleton helpers.

If you don't care where each part is, just use the tool on all known groups for that robot. Run it as usual: h2_extr.exe <number>

After that, you will have a lot of stuff exported, and there will be several assets of each type. You need to choose only one of each type, the right one.

- mesh skeleton is the .Skeleton file thats indicated when extracting main body (the same one that is used in usual models like before)

- there are usually 2 .PhysicsSkeleton files, you need the big one

- there are many helper files, open them and see inside which one has helper bones for destructible parts. Correct one will have bones called like "body_helper", "LegPlate_helper", "part12_helper" etc. Some others may be very small, or have "camera", "action" helpers inside, they are not needed.

2. Once you have those 3 files, run the tool with 3 parameters:

h2_extr.exe <skeleton> <physicsskeleton> <skeletonhelpers>

After that, you get FULL skeleton in ascii/smd called "..._robotskel" and a "robot_helpers" file. That robot_helpers file will gather information about all helper bones. ASCII skeleton will be needed to load the full model, and SMD version is for animations.

3. Process all destructible descriptions.

Again, if you don't know where they are, or don't care about it, just use the tool on all known groups and save the tool output. If in this output you see any missing groups for destructible parts, add them to your list. Messages looking like "Destructible mesh 235 - 8" mean that group 235 contains some needed parts.

4. Cleanup (optional)

Now everything is ready for final pass.

At this point, it may be good idea to delete all ASCII files. It's not required, but that way you can get rid of leftover static parts that will now be replaced with proper skeletal parts.

5. Final pass.

Run the tool on all groups contaning models. Or simply run it again on all of them.

In the end, you get 3 kinds of ASCII files:
- files with _destr suffix are destructibles
- files with _static suffix are static parts
- all other "usual" files with no suffix - these are skeletal parts

After everything is exported to ASCII, you can process all parts exactly how it was in Horizon 1. Static parts may be loaded directly. Destructibles must be all merged together, then count submeshes, add that number above and merge with skeleton. Skeletal parts must be merged with skeleton. Or you can also merge them together like destructibles, but in this case, before merging, remove submesh count from each file.
Hi, I had some problems working with the parts of the robot, I now merged the bones and pasted them on top of the bones (I pasted them manually one by one), imported them into blender successfully, most of the model got the bones and the correct weights, but there was a problem working with the static destructible mesh. There is no way to get the correct position and weight of the model by pasting it into the skeleton. These destructible parts of the import software are all at the origin

Since then, I've read the instructions over and over again. Is there a command to merge geometry with one click? There is an executive tool command in steps 3 and 5 that synthesizes all skeletons at once. Okay? What is this command? Drag.ascll to h2_extr.exe? I'm stuck on giving the exact skeleton position to the destructible grid, and where to get the decompiler for the animation next?

Please let me know if you notice
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

NACEN wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:07 pm Is there a command to merge geometry with one click? There is an executive tool command in steps 3 and 5 that synthesizes all skeletons at once. Okay? What is this command? Drag.ascll to h2_extr.exe? I'm stuck on giving the exact skeleton position to the destructible grid, and where to get the decompiler for the animation next?
yes, there is a command to merge geometry. They are simple text files. You can use any advanced text editor that can merge multiple files in one click. Or you can use standard windows copy command (from command line).

The process above is designed to place destructible parts correctly, thats why steps 3 and 5 are needed.

the decompiler can be found by googling "vita sdk".