Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - SSO Extract

Programs that are related to this or that game.
locknut
advanced

Re: Star Stable Online - SSO Extract

Post by locknut »

Kitty Cute wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:56 pm Is this still active? I would like to report a bug... No matter what I do, it always says "3 textures failed"... And I think one is the texture I need, the Zony...
I tested it today with the latest game version and I didn't get any errors. Can you share the extraction log file?
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

v1.3 released, link is in the first post of this thread. It contains some minor tweaks and support for the earlier (non multiplayer) versions of Star Stable.

Features that might be in future versions:
  • Exporting rigs/skeletons, this is partly implemented already but there are several bugs left to fix. (80% done)
  • Exporting materials with multiple textures. (0% done)
  • Exporting shaders. (50% done)
  • Exporting animations, this is probably the most time consuming and maybe impossible if it there are too much game engine specific stuff. (20% done)
  • Support for more older PX games. (0% done)
blueveilbride
ultra-n00b

Post by blueveilbride »

Hello! The textures extracted correctly in the folder. However, the 3D-models have not been extracted at all. Any help?
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

blueveilbride wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:53 pm Hello! The textures extracted correctly in the folder. However, the 3D-models have not been extracted at all. Any help?
That is weird, I will need to see your log file to understand what went wrong. It is in the destination folder and is named "ssoextract_log*.txt"...

While double checking the tool with the last game update I noticed another problem, a few materials were not exported correcly. I will fix this but this is probably not the same problem as you have.
no0t2
ultra-n00b

Post by no0t2 »

Hello! I've be using this extractor and no matter how many times I try to restart the conversion tool it still fails to extract 1498 models. Now I'm unsure if it's due to the game being updated after a while, but I'd just like to know, thank you! : )
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

no0t2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:17 pm Hello! I've be using this extractor and no matter how many times I try to restart the conversion tool it still fails to extract 1498 models. Now I'm unsure if it's due to the game being updated after a while, but I'd just like to know, thank you! : )
Hi, this is probably due to a bug that I have already found and fixed. I have now uploaded a new version (v1.3.1) with a fix. Please try that one and see if it helps. If you still have problems, please share the extraction log file.
no0t2
ultra-n00b

Post by no0t2 »

locknut wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:33 pm
no0t2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:17 pm Hello! I've be using this extractor and no matter how many times I try to restart the conversion tool it still fails to extract 1498 models. Now I'm unsure if it's due to the game being updated after a while, but I'd just like to know, thank you! : )
Hi, this is probably due to a bug that I have already found and fixed. I have now uploaded a new version (v1.3.1) with a fix. Please try that one and see if it helps. If you still have problems, please share the extraction log file.
It works properly now, thank you very much!
Emma Pinkwatcher
ultra-n00b

Post by Emma Pinkwatcher »

I downloaded the textures and models but where do I find the Tennessee walking horses model so I can ride them in game? I don't have star coins to buy them so I decided to do this... please help if possible? If that spoiler sso youtuber (forgot their name lol) can do it maybe you can?
Horselover97
ultra-n00b

Post by Horselover97 »

Hey, I’m having trouble with the 1.3 version. It keeps telling that many files wouldn’t converted and the new Christmas horses doesn’t show up when it converted the first time

Here’s my logs
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Bgsz-3QrDQ
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Horselover97 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:43 pm Hey, I’m having trouble with the 1.3 version. It keeps telling that many files wouldn’t converted and the new Christmas horses doesn’t show up when it converted the first time

Here’s my logs
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Bgsz-3QrDQ
Thanks for sharing the logs. Can you first try with the 1.3.1 version and see if that fixes the problem?
lucygoosey
ultra-n00b

Post by lucygoosey »

Hi! I was just wondering if it is possible to get the rigs of the horse models to make poses in Blender and such. Thanks!
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

lucygoosey wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:48 pm Hi! I was just wondering if it is possible to get the rigs of the horse models to make poses in Blender and such. Thanks!
Wouldn't the Rigs come with the .dae Models?
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

lucygoosey wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:48 pm Hi! I was just wondering if it is possible to get the rigs of the horse models to make poses in Blender and such. Thanks!
I'm still working on that, it's almost done but they still don't look quite right.
Kitty Cute wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:31 pm Wouldn't the Rigs come with the .dae Models?
Nothing comes for free I'm afraid :-) To export something I first need to analyse and reverse engineer the file format and then write code to convert that into a standard format. And sometimes this is not possible at all, if a game uses functionality that is uniquely tied to it's game engine.
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

locknut wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:33 pm
I'm still working on that, it's almost done but they still don't look quite right.
Kitty Cute wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:31 pm Wouldn't the Rigs come with the .dae Models?
Nothing comes for free I'm afraid :-) To export something I first need to analyse and reverse engineer the file format and then write code to convert that into a standard format. And sometimes this is not possible at all, if a game uses functionality that is uniquely tied to it's game engine.
Oh ok... I was just wondering, when you have the time and think you're up to it, is there any way you could make the program have an import into the game option? I know that would be very hard to make, but you seem like you have an idea of how to do it, right? Sorry if I'm asking for too much :3
Horselover97
ultra-n00b

Post by Horselover97 »

It won’t upload the DAE files. It keeps telling me that 0 models were converted
Here my log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ScW3jZ ... p=drivesdk