Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
locknut
advanced

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by locknut »

starlite wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:08 pm Anyone knows how to read the .csa files? I don't need them extracted, just need to read some stuff inside.

Changing horses is easy, i just need to read the stuff inside, for more horses, quests, etc.
Yes, the CSA format is fully understood. But it's just a container of other files. To get information about quests and other items you need to look into the scene files. So I would recommend to extract all files with each file type in a separate folder for easier exploration.
starlite
ultra-n00b

Post by starlite »

I see, thank you for your response.

I have a script that executes everything, so changing horses, finishing quests, healing horse, etc. is as easy as one click.
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

starlite wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:12 pm I see, thank you for your response.

I have a script that executes everything, so changing horses, finishing quests, healing horse, etc. is as easy as one click.
Hello! Would you mind sharing your script, please? Most of the scripts I've tried fail to extract a few textures and models
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

OK SO I ACTUALLY FOUND A WAY TO REPLACE THE NEWER HORSE TEXTURES!! It's not even that hard!

What You'll Need: Star Stable Online - Pimp My Horse - SSO Extract - Photo Editing Software That Can Open .DDS Format

Step 1: Extract everything converted using SSO Extract (It can take a while)

Step 2: Search GH

Step 3: Find the texture of the horse you wanna change

Step 4: Open the .DDS in Photo Editing Software

Step 5: Edit it how you want

Step 6: Size it a little (I usually size it to 300 by 300 but I think you can go higher than that for more detail)

Step 8: Save it somewhere on your Desktop

Step 9: Open Pimp My Horse

Step 10: Click "Choose Horse From List"

Step 11: Find your Starter Horse texture

Step 12: Click "Confirm"

Step 13: Find the PackFiles folder (It should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Stable Online\PackFiles )

Step 14: Paste it in where it says "PackFiles Folder:"

Steo 15: Click "Choose Your DDS File"

Step 16: Click the texture you saved somewhere on your Desktop

Step 17: Click "Change Body in SSO"

Step 18: Log on to Star Stable

Step 19: Ride your Starter Horse

Step 20: Go to the Jarlaheim Bus Stop

Step 21: Sit on the bench closest to the Bus Stop

Step 22: Go to the Mall

Step 23: Leave the Mall

Step 24: Go to a shop

Step 25: Stand up

Step 26: Go to your Home Stable

Step 27: Sit down in the chair at your Home Stable

Step 28: Close the shop

Step 29: Ride your Starter Horse

Step 30: Change Starter Horse Appearance

Step 31: Stand up

Step 32: Ride any horse out of the Home Stable

Step 33: Go back in the Home Stable

Step 34: Ride the horse you want to change the texture of

Step 35: Click Reset

Then it should have the custom texture!!! I hope this helped :3
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

I decided to make a Discord Server for talking a little more about this x3- It's not as advanced, it's mostly just for sharing your creations on Pimp My Horse SSO. So if anyone wants to join, I can give the link here :3
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

Does anyone know where Pimp My Horse keeps the horse models to make it work?
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

So this forum is dead then-
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Kitty Cute wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:08 pm So this forum is dead then-
I think you need to realize that not many people here are interested in PMH. Also, this thread is about the CSA and image file formats, and those have now been fully reversed and there is not much more to discuss.
snwfr0st
ultra-n00b

Post by snwfr0st »

i noticed that the SSO files changed since i cannot find them under Programe x86 anymore. the sso folder is empty. i modified my computer to show all hidden files and then i found some, called cache and news. however, there is nothing interesting there. i just deinstalled and reinstalled the game - nothing changed, but it works. anyone knows how to be able to get to the files ? there must be a way since C C Creations is still active
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

I think they upgraded their installer to 64bit, so the files are in Programs and not Programs 32 anymore. Search for Star Stable on your drive and you should find them.
Asyjan
ultra-n00b

Post by Asyjan »

locknut wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:26 pm
Rleqn wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:48 pm Collada was a pretty neat choice, though I think they might be just saving it as an autodesk fbx. Did you have any luck with the armature and animation files? Would be great to see the functionality in your tool as well. Though I also fear our joy won't be for long and the devs will be quick to patch the future files. With a such a nifty app all their work will be in the hands of kids now, so I reckon the knowledge will spread like a wildfire :bahaha:
I think that the game designers use FBX internally, but in the game files they are converted into this PME format used by their custom game engine. I don't think they care that much about us looking at the resources, but it could be smart to save a copy of the current files just in case they change the format :-)

The animation files are pretty simple, and the armatures share format with the models but with added bone data and deformation weights. I know how to read them, but my math is a bit off so they don't look right.
I've tested your software and it's excellent, thank you. As far as the animation files are concerned, I've concentrated on the .pan files. If you open them in HxD, you'll see that they contain all the fbx animations, or rather all the strings in fbx format and that the only way to get them is to create a bms script. But if they're attached to .pme it seems a lot more complex than just unpacking the file. (.pan are just package format)

I'd be interested in any ideas you might have. :keke:

And for those who are still interested in PMH(pimp my horse), it no longer works, the horse wears a grayish texture without relief and for the manes the texture is replaced by another of the same breed. I think SSO has patched their files.

https://gyazo.com/13a0aaa0c7f4af67d9ab865f4c1a24ba
https://gyazo.com/64794d55091d533c1c205f26f2d99e24
sometimes, I dream about cheese
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Asyjan wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:34 pm I've tested your software and it's excellent, thank you. As far as the animation files are concerned, I've concentrated on the .pan files. If you open them in HxD, you'll see that they contain all the fbx animations, or rather all the strings in fbx format and that the only way to get them is to create a bms script. But if they're attached to .pme it seems a lot more complex than just unpacking the file. (.pan are just package format)

I'd be interested in any ideas you might have. :keke:

And for those who are still interested in PMH(pimp my horse), it no longer works, the horse wears a grayish texture without relief and for the manes the texture is replaced by another of the same breed. I think SSO has patched their files.

https://gyazo.com/13a0aaa0c7f4af67d9ab865f4c1a24ba
https://gyazo.com/64794d55091d533c1c205f26f2d99e24
Hi!
I have reversed engineered the PAN-files and written the code to parse them. I don't really think it's FBX format, but I havent studied FBX so I could be wrong.

I haven't added the animations to my tool, mostly because lack of time, but also because I got stock on some of the skeletons that still appear rotated 90 degrees for some models, and I figured that it doesn't make sense to add animations unless the skeletons are correct.
Kitty Cute
beginner

Star Stable Online Modification

Post by Kitty Cute »

Basically I'm just gonna start out really simple, and then explain more in depth if someone replies.

I want to modify a game called Star Stable Online, the first few things I want to modify for the basics are: Play animations anywhere, Teleport, Swim, Change models.

So, how would I make those things happen? And if it's too difficult for me, would anyone be willing to do it for me?
RoJaXeN
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Stable Online Modification

Post by RoJaXeN »

Kitty Cute wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:55 pm Basically I'm just gonna start out really simple, and then explain more in depth if someone replies.

I want to modify a game called Star Stable Online, the first few things I want to modify for the basics are: Play animations anywhere, Teleport, Swim, Change models.

So, how would I make those things happen? And if it's too difficult for me, would anyone be willing to do it for me?
This is simple, provide the dc. Every thing you're looking for is not directly related to the main topic of this post. No one will give out the exact method used by 'cc creations' or 'starstablespoilers_community'. These individuals have experience in advanced modifications such as accessing unavailable quests or acquiring horses/events/items that are inaccessible to anyone else
lucygoosey
ultra-n00b

Post by lucygoosey »

Hello! Just wondering if there is any update on being able to access the model armatures?