Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
CaxUchiha
n00b

Re: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post by CaxUchiha »

Hi again daemon, I understand. Anyway here are some samples for test when you have time. Thanks in advance!

https://mega.nz/#!0gkmGa6D!FHyZxZ09vsLX ... LWwKYcGxdA
rayp83
ultra-n00b

Post by rayp83 »

Hi.

Anybody knows a way to convert SMB files ?
For example Ecto1b_chassis.smb ?
BloodRhyne Tools wont work :(

Thank you.

BTW: Great tool, thanks for that.
Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto »

Is there any chance we can get a means to extract the PS2 version's models and textures properly? It's a different style of the game and has different models included, exclusive to this version. Here's a simple sample of both that coordinate to each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxfnifcejeq1a ... m.zip?dl=0
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

A tragedy the maps will never be extracted from this, especially the iconic Firehouse. Anyone else willing to take this up and maybe try to rip levels?
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

Tosyk wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:57 pm
daemon1 wrote:i'll check that later
thanks in advanced.
btw I noticed that all the models along with their skeleton are fliped by X axis. I can flip it by X in 3d software but it is hard to animate this type of models because of wrong (after their physically fliped) transformations. If you could make this by code in your tool that would be great.
Did you ever find a workaround for this?

Edit: Solution found, in Blender when you import the model and stuff, select everything including the skeleton and hit Ctrl+M, and then press X, then click off and it'll mirror the model correctly with weights.
Trancelikestate
beginner

Post by Trancelikestate »

Wow, amazing stuff! I haven't looked around at these game files in many years but I have a couple questions! Is it possible to edit a model and repack it into a POD for use in the game again? I'd be interested (and I'm sure many others would be too) to edit the player body's arm patch to remove the GB1 patch pasted over the GB2 patch in singleplayer.

I'd also really love to get a copy of the mayor and ghoul heads with uv mapping in some max friendly format. I have the BFM files of those two but don't have Blender either so have been unsuccesful converting them but I guess I also need the textures. Not sure where those went, all I can find is the BFM files of them. Would anyone be kind enough to help?

Thanks bunches!
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

Trancelikestate wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:15 am Wow, amazing stuff! I haven't looked around at these game files in many years but I have a couple questions! Is it possible to edit a model and repack it into a POD for use in the game again? I'd be interested (and I'm sure many others would be too) to edit the player body's arm patch to remove the GB1 patch pasted over the GB2 patch in singleplayer.

I'd also really love to get a copy of the mayor and ghoul heads with uv mapping in some max friendly format. I have the BFM files of those two but don't have Blender either so have been unsuccesful converting them but I guess I also need the textures. Not sure where those went, all I can find is the BFM files of them. Would anyone be kind enough to help?

Thanks bunches!
Eh for the first part modding the game is not possible sadly as far as I know. As for the mayor I can provide you with him but I don't have the ghoul heads. Shoot me a PM.
Trancelikestate
beginner

Post by Trancelikestate »

Thank you so much Axel! I will shoot you a PM. I think modding it on some level is possible as there is that one mod from about 15 years ago for the original PC version that unlocks the GB2 suit and gold pack but obviously it's just a texture mod. I guess model editing which may be what you were referring to is not possible. There's a couple other "mods" for the remastered version I've seen that allow you to play as one of the other characters in only the library level for some reason so there's some types of POD repackers out there.
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

Trancelikestate wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:02 pm Thank you so much Axel! I will shoot you a PM. I think modding it on some level is possible as there is that one mod from about 15 years ago for the original PC version that unlocks the GB2 suit and gold pack but obviously it's just a texture mod. I guess model editing which may be what you were referring to is not possible. There's a couple other "mods" for the remastered version I've seen that allow you to play as one of the other characters in only the library level for some reason so there's some types of POD repackers out there.
Oh dang, wasn't aware of that last bit there, that's rather interesting! Too bad it's not as common as I wish it'd be as I'd love to mod the game on a larger scale as well.
tianjiegao
ultra-n00b

Post by tianjiegao »

BloodRayne bfm file using the tool, get 0kb ascii :cry:
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

The 3d models, like many of the props and pieces used to assemble the map are stored as .smb format, same format Bloorayne 1 and 2 use. Is anyone willing to look more into this? I can supply sample files.
sakis720
n00b

Post by sakis720 »

kinda late if someone wants model from the multiplayer or from the singleplayer send me a pm to send them also i have modded the remaster version so if you want any help with any game file also send me a pm