Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Smolgreen
n00b

Re: Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post by Smolgreen »

fil1969 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:28 pm
Smolgreen wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:05 am Does anyone know what is the hash number for Zoe? She isn't on the list.
Try 0284
Nothing seems to happen
johnwithlenon
n00b

Post by johnwithlenon »

Smolgreen wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:05 am Does anyone know what is the hash number for Zoe? She isn't on the list.
Try A60
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

I am searching the house + enviroment of hank anderson someone know the codes for it?
Rizal Cahyono
ultra-n00b

Post by Rizal Cahyono »

Hii, is this tools can unpack all assets from the game?
i'm try to make Translation into my language 🙏
AndrewMulti
ultra-n00b

Post by AndrewMulti »

Hello everyone. I don't want to create a new topic, but I just wrote another one unpacker (PC only).
It can extract audio, video, text, gfx, script files

Just launch app, choose game and output folders and press Extract
These folders will create in output folder after extraction:
audio_banks - .bnk - unpack it with https://github.com/Vextil/Wwise-Unpacker
localization - .ini - all text in all languages
midi - .mid - found this just for fun
scaleform - .gfx, .swf, .dds - Scaleform GFX files, view code and contents with https://github.com/jindrapetrik/jpexs-d ... r/releases
script_bank - .lua - some unnecessary files
scripts - .luac - compiled lua scripts, decompile it with https://sourceforge.net/projects/unluac/files/
video - .bk2 - all playable video, no green screen, play with http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
voices - .wem - speech lines in all languages, convert it with ww2ogg

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uHVYZd ... sp=sharing
KPOPFILTERS
ultra-n00b

Post by KPOPFILTERS »

AndrewMulti wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:28 pm Hello everyone. I don't want to create a new topic, but I just wrote another one unpacker (PC only).
It can extract audio, video, text, gfx, script files

Just launch app, choose game and output folders and press Extract
These folders will create in output folder after extraction:
audio_banks - .bnk - unpack it with https://github.com/Vextil/Wwise-Unpacker
localization - .ini - all text in all languages
midi - .mid - found this just for fun
scaleform - .gfx, .swf, .dds - Scaleform GFX files, view code and contents with https://github.com/jindrapetrik/jpexs-d ... r/releases
script_bank - .lua - some unnecessary files
scripts - .luac - compiled lua scripts, decompile it with https://sourceforge.net/projects/unluac/files/
video - .bk2 - all playable video, no green screen, play with http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
voices - .wem - speech lines in all languages, convert it with ww2ogg

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uHVYZd ... sp=sharing
heya! it works but i get errors like xxx.dds cannot be extracted because its being used by another process
Mariajay2015
ultra-n00b

Post by Mariajay2015 »

Hey, sorry disturb but is anyone know the code for the Models Gallery Environment? Thanks a lot [roll]
22JUAN22
ultra-n00b

Post by 22JUAN22 »

Hello. The Python plugin for Noesis doesn't seem to be working. When i try to open a model in it I receive a traceback error. Is there any other way to convert the files from ASCII to a 3d model file such as .FBX or .OBJ?
Bahamut082
ultra-n00b

Post by Bahamut082 »

22JUAN22 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:29 am Hello. The Python plugin for Noesis doesn't seem to be working. When i try to open a model in it I receive a traceback error. Is there any other way to convert the files from ASCII to a 3d model file such as .FBX or .OBJ?
You should read the whole thread from the start. This issue got explained a few times already despite the empty line gimmick didn't get explained very well till later on.
You need to append the skeleton/armature data to the model file.

1) Open the _skel.ascii file with a text editor (preferably notepad++)
2) Once opened, select all and copy the whole content.
3) Open with notepad++ your model file which contain the meshes (usually the first one in the list and the biggest in size). It's .ascii aswell.
Ex: 83B_241.ascii

4) Locate the first line in the file where it say '0'.
5) Delete the 0.
6) Now paste the armature info that you copied before.
7) Before saving, be sure to check that between the end of your armature data and the start of the mesh data there're no empty lines.
In short, between the stuff you just pasted and the starting of the mesh data there should be not any empty line.

If u don't append the armature/skeleton data to the mesh & If u skip this last passage, noesis won't read sht nor blender.
Hereintheblack
n00b

Post by Hereintheblack »

Everything's working except that the texture filenames do not appear to correspond to what the model is looking for.

Using Connor's model from the OP as an example.

I'm using the XNALara Blender plugin and "file missing files" to locate the textures. It expects filenames such as "m_13414", however the extractor did not name them like this. All my texture files are named like "21C0F", for example.

I used a batchfile to rename all textures to append "m_" in front, but they still do not match anything the model is looking for. I do not have any texture corresponding to "13414".

Pretty sure I followed the instructions, but if anyone knows what I've skipped/missed, it would be appreciated. The only thing I can do for now is to manually add every single texture by hand, but I'm sure nobody else is doing that... right...?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Hereintheblack wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:29 am It expects filenames such as "m_13414"
this is not texture name, its material name. Thats why its called "M_..."
Hereintheblack
n00b

Post by Hereintheblack »

I see, thank you. I must need to assign every texture manually then.

Really appreciate these tools you create, daemon1, thank you for all your hard work!

(Edit: I am extremely impressed by everyone who is able to figure out which textures go where. I'm only plugging in the diffuses right now, but I cannot find which are the correct files for the eyebrows or hair, the triangles and armband UVs don't fit, and the jacket doesn't appear to have a straight diffuse at all. I can't imagine trying to do this with hundreds of textures for an entire environment...)
Hereintheblack
n00b

Post by Hereintheblack »

After a day of messing around I have made some progress applying textures, but it's a lot of guesswork. I still don't think I have the skin texture correct, and the LED is custom (couldn't find correct textures for it at all).

Is there a document anywhere that tells how Quantic packs their texture channels, so I can tell which channels to use for roughness/metal/etc? I've tried many combinations but it never looks quite right.
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

Hereintheblack wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:09 am Image

After a day of messing around I have made some progress applying textures, but it's a lot of guesswork. I still don't think I have the skin texture correct, and the LED is custom (couldn't find correct textures for it at all).

Is there a document anywhere that tells how Quantic packs their texture channels, so I can tell which channels to use for roughness/metal/etc? I've tried many combinations but it never looks quite right.
You should know just by looking, a roughness(or glossiness) looks different than a metal (or specular) or AO or SSS.
When I tested on a few random objects, I know they used multiple UV channels but I never tried the characters to see what was happening

I could try to help if you upload a few different samples as I don't have the game anymore
Hereintheblack
n00b

Post by Hereintheblack »

lolwatt wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:13 am You should know just by looking, a roughness(or glossiness) looks different than a metal (or specular) or AO or SSS.
Yep, no doubt seasoned vets and industry professionals can tell at a glance, but Google's not been too helpful when I've looked for examples.

Anyway, I have figured some things out in the meantime, which may be useful for other noobs like me:

- chachachat's posts on page 7 are invaluable. Go read them.
- All those muddy yellow textures are normal maps, you need to invert all channels (especially the blue) to use them.
- For the skin texture, R = AO (in Blender, either ignore it or multiply it with the Diffuse into the Base colour), G = Roughness (invert channel), B = Metallic.
- For hair, use the pink-looking texture for Metal/Spec/Rough. Not sure which channels are which, but I've got mine as R = Metal, G = Spec, B = Rough. Could look better.
- Again for hair, get the alpha from the yellow texture with the black background. If the hair near the scalp gets black boxes around them, even though transparency is working, then you need to up your max transparent bounces value in the render settings.
- The eyes aren't included in the main model file. This tripped up xactgd on page 36, who thought they were editing the eye UVs, when in fact that's some weird flat thing masquerading as eyes. Delete that object and instead import the eyes from the smaller file that contains a bunch of scrunched-up mess at the origin point. For reference, the correct eye objects are two spheres buried underneath all that mess.
- For the eyes, you kinda need to edit the UVs to look something like this, otherwise the iris is way too big.

It's pretty decent now :)

All this is probably specific to Blender workflow, btw.