Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spiderman Remastered (PC) model tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RaidenJTr7
ultra-n00b

Re: Spiderman Remastered (PC) model tool

Post by RaidenJTr7 »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:37 pm Version 0.32 beta

Changes:
- FPS drop must be finally fixed
- changed "too many vertices" message. Its actually 65535 max.
i get error when i import ascii file model to blender
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Version 0.4 beta

Changes:
- support for static meshes (map assets etc.)
- support for almost any skeletal mesh if they have no more than 256 bones in their skeleton

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kick12134
ultra-n00b

Post by kick12134 »

if I use this new version of the tool alone as a CMD it crashes the game upon loading a save
but if I use it with the GUIWrapper the game will not crash but instead suffer from very poor fps (around to 1-5 fps)
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Version 0.41 beta

- LOD problem fixed again
- test output .ascii from model import tool now has "modout" suffix, to not confuse it with clean .ascii file
- added check for maximum vertex/face counts, in case of overflow tool stops with a message
- fixed some rare models (for example iron spiders legs)
- removed "face fail" message, we dont need it anymore
- direct material assignment on import

This last feature will be described in details below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Direct material assignment
=========================================
In short, new export tool now exports text material list, and you can edit this file, and it will be used on import. Now if you just export any model and import it back, it will work, and materials will not be changed.

So the process is now:

- export .model with new spiderman_pc_model.exe
- edit the model or make a new one
- edit materials list
- use spiderman_pc_mi.exe tool as before

Now on a last step, if there is "materials.txt" file with same name as .model file, import tool will assign materials to meshes according to that list. Or if no such file, in natural order like before.

If you dont want to re-export a model, you can make such material list in text editor.
You can edit this file as you like, but don't delete the 1st line "Materials used:".
For convenience, you can delete lines, or move them above/below. Names are not needed, you can just set numbers. The tool only reads numbers in first list, everything else is ignored. Slots in 2nd list are only for reference.

Note that materials can repeat.

p.s. if blender will still somehow mess up meshes order, you will have to rename them, but hopefully this will not happen, because tool now names them with leading zeroes and without underscore.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Version 0.45 beta

- supports up to 15 weights per vertex
- added a check for ovefloating weight buffer

The tool will now read all no-zero weights from the file, but no more than 15.
Then it will check weight sum is 1.0, and if not, make warnings.
After that all weights will be automatically normalized.

That means even if you're lazy, model will look ok in game.
But for experts i recommend to check what's wrong and correct it before import.

acviper
ultra-n00b

Post by acviper »

With cmd how do you inject a materials.txt file? I made it the same name as the model but it didn't work. Does the program automatically find it if it's the same name as the model, but has "_materials" at the end and in the same location? Or is it suppose to be something like this - "spiderman_pc_mi.exe hero_spiderman_body.model new_model.ascii hero_spiderman_body_materials.txt"
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

the program automatically find it if it's the same name as the model, but has "_materials" at the end
ShawnLaw
ultra-n00b

Post by ShawnLaw »

i'm so confused that which tool could open .ascii file?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

ShawnLaw wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:36 pm i'm so confused that which tool could open .ascii file?
Depending what python script for importing the ASCIIs you have it can be either Noesis, or Blender. Blender recommended though, unless your talking about the import tool back in the game then is the one with *_mi.exe at the end.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Version 0.5 beta

- fixed all crashes / fps drops / lags
(may even fix other unknown bugs/problems)
- submesh limit is now much bigger, all lods instead of just one. Example: 89 submeshes for adv. suit

Everyone is HIGHLY recommended to update their mods done with previous versions of a tool.
Already modded .model will do, but better used on clean original .model file.

RaidenJTr7
ultra-n00b

Post by RaidenJTr7 »

daemon1 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:56 pm Version 0.45 beta

- supports up to 15 weights per vertex
- added a check for ovefloating weight buffer

The tool will now read all no-zero weights from the file, but no more than 15.
Then it will check weight sum is 1.0, and if not, make warnings.
After that all weights will be automatically normalized.

That means even if you're lazy, model will look ok in game.
But for experts i recommend to check what's wrong and correct it before import.

i just want to know how to add the textures i tested things but no luck
don't know how to add textures to the model is there a tutorial for the whole process adding textures for custom model ?
can i texture paint the model in blender using stencil or something then export it as png file to use with SpiderTex
will it work ? ive been trying for hours don't know how to do it [roll]
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Version 0.51 beta

- limited weights per vertex to 12

It was a mistake that this game supports 15 or 16 weights, its only 12 max.
Valamis
ultra-n00b

Post by Valamis »

I try to replace Classic suit. I can't get spiderman_pc_mi.exe working. I tried drag and drop 2 files (mymodname.ascii and characters_hero_hero_spiderman_classic_hero_spiderman_classic.model) also I tried with mymodname.ascii only and both options doesn't work. I can only change to ascii but not back to .model. Some tutorial would be nice.
I could import model in-game with ModelAsciiGUIWrapper.exe + this tool but there is big problem in-game - because imported suit will display in lowest resolution textures (512 i think?) in-game. It may change to high res only during certain cutscenes/locations but after loading save it will switch back to low res again : ( How to fix this issue? I can't upload my mod or even play it properly before it is somehow fixed.
mahk
n00b

Post by mahk »

Valamis wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:23 am I try to replace Classic suit. I can't get spiderman_pc_mi.exe working. I tried drag and drop 2 files (mymodname.ascii and characters_hero_hero_spiderman_classic_hero_spiderman_classic.model) also I tried with mymodname.ascii only and both options doesn't work. I can only change to ascii but not back to .model. Some tutorial would be nice.
I could import model in-game with ModelAsciiGUIWrapper.exe + this tool but there is big problem in-game - because imported suit will display in lowest resolution textures (512 i think?) in-game. It may change to high res only during certain cutscenes/locations but after loading save it will switch back to low res again : ( How to fix this issue? I can't upload my mod or even play it properly before it is somehow fixed.
I figured most of it out, this is what you do:

Find the model you want to modify and extract that model

- create a folder named "raw" and place the extracted .model there(only for your convenience)

- create another folder named "modified" (only for your convenience) or something and copy the .model, spiderman_pc_model.exe, and spiderman_pc_mi.exe there

- drag and drop the .model over "spiderman_pc_model.exe" and it will spit out a .ascii file

- use XPS tools to import the .ascii into blender or whatever 3d package you use

- if using blender export the model as a "V3 .ascii" overwrite the original file

- using cmd type [cd "path to folder with spiderman_pc_mi"] without brackets

- once the directory is changed, type [spiderman_pc_mi.exe "path to .model" "path to new .acsii"] without brackets and press enter
this will "inject" your modified .ascii into the .model in the "modified" directory
note: my best results were found when I used the .model which is the same "modified" directory as the modified .ascii NOT the one in the original "raw" folder

- with the SMPC tool, right click the model you want to replace and choose "replace" and choose the .model we modified

- click "Test Mod" at the top to test it out
Last edited by mahk on Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.