Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

.SoundBank extraction help

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
KJ12345JK
ultra-n00b

.SoundBank extraction help

Post by KJ12345JK »

Hello, I managed to get the sounds from Spider-Man Remastered but they are .soundbank files and I haven't been able to extract the sounds from it. Does anyone know how to get the sounds from this file type? I will link one of the files down below, thank you for reading!

https://mega.nz/file/Y5RxTBLJ#k6TYcerBO ... 2c5WW9tyuA
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: .SoundBank extraction help

Post by DKDave »

If you delete everything from the start of the file up to "BKHD" and rename it to .bnk it should load into Foobar as a Wwise audio bank, but the sounds are all completely messed up and cut off. The wave files have completely the wrong sizes in them as well. How did you extract them, etc. ?
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
KJ12345JK
ultra-n00b

Re: .SoundBank extraction help

Post by KJ12345JK »

DKDave wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:03 pm If you delete everything from the start of the file up to "BKHD" and rename it to .bnk it should load into Foobar as a Wwise audio bank, but the sounds are all completely messed up and cut off. The wave files have completely the wrong sizes in them as well. How did you extract them, etc. ?
Hey, thank you for responding! I used the spider man modding tool that I've been seeing all over the place to get the sounds. The tool is called SMPCTool and all I did was locate the sound folders throughout the many files and extracted it. Is there a better method you'd be willing to share? I will also link the original game file if you're interested in seeing that.

Original File - https://mega.nz/file/s1BVQAAZ#ift_OzuM5 ... OpQdlTEOsI