Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Megatextures research

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
ajax1313
ultra-n00b

Re: Megatextures research

Post by ajax1313 »

hi. i've searched every .resources archive for Wolfstein TNC, but it seems there are lot's of lower res textures ? Not sure how to extract higher textures for stuff ?
lolznoboz
n00b

Post by lolznoboz »

ajax1313 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:27 pm hi. i've searched every .resources archive for Wolfstein TNC, but it seems there are lot's of lower res textures ? Not sure how to extract higher textures for stuff ?
im pretty sure the game uses detail textures to make the textures look better
so is it possible to get those textures?

also when will there be a .pages extractor for both wtno and wtob
Koralan
n00b

Post by Koralan »

We can only hope about such extractor.
lolznoboz
n00b

Post by lolznoboz »

Koralan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:06 am We can only hope about such extractor.
i wonder why
lolznoboz
n00b

Post by lolznoboz »

also i think someone that is able to extract the files should post a extracted folder of the textures because m0xfs tool doesnt work for most people
CloudyMosy
ultra-n00b

Post by CloudyMosy »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:31 pm Hello everyone.

After I did lots of research in sound formats, archives, models and animations I finally decided to get to most complicated task I've heard of: Megatextures.

This is current state of research: Doom/Evil Within/Wolfenstein tools are available here: http://aviacreations.com/wraith/#

And that's how it all started back in march'2017: after a couple of weeks I was able to reverse the modified version of HDP they used and decompress tiles. The devs improved the coding algorithm in compare to standard HDP.

Now I see that tiles are actually in correct order inside of megatexture as expected. This is just a random set of tiles taken from the middle of Wolfenstein Old Blood .pages file. I combined them manually, wanted to check the result as soon as possible ;)

Sorry for necro-ing, but just wanna ask that what's the status for the Wolfenstein The New Order extractor? Wolfenstein The New Colossus (Wraith Colossus) works nicely, but I've been waiting for such an extractor for Wolfenstein The New Order or more like Wraith New Order since 2017 but I wish you luck if you are working on it :)
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

CloudyMosy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm Sorry for necro-ing, but just wanna ask that what's the status for the Wolfenstein The New Order extractor? Wolfenstein The New Colossus (Wraith Colossus) works nicely, but I've been waiting for such an extractor for Wolfenstein The New Order or more like Wraith New Order since 2017 but I wish you luck if you are working on it :)
Unfortunately, there were many games with megatextures, and i got tired of them, so Wolfenstein The New Order was never completed.
lolznoboz
n00b

Post by lolznoboz »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:42 pm
CloudyMosy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm Sorry for necro-ing, but just wanna ask that what's the status for the Wolfenstein The New Order extractor? Wolfenstein The New Colossus (Wraith Colossus) works nicely, but I've been waiting for such an extractor for Wolfenstein The New Order or more like Wraith New Order since 2017 but I wish you luck if you are working on it :)
Unfortunately, there were many games with megatextures, and i got tired of them, so Wolfenstein The New Order was never completed.
yea someone is gonna need to post an entire folder with all of the textures in it since the m0xf tool dont work
Farrarie
beginner

Post by Farrarie »

WraithRevenant dont extract normap maps from doom 2016, how can I get the normal maps ?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Farrarie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:50 am WraithRevenant dont extract normap maps from doom 2016, how can I get the normal maps ?
WraithRevenant must extract normap maps
Farrarie
beginner

Post by Farrarie »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:06 pm WraithRevenant must extract normap maps
It extract diffuse, spec and mask textures, but not normal maps sadly.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Farrarie wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm
daemon1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:06 pm WraithRevenant must extract normap maps
It extract diffuse, spec and mask textures, but not normal maps sadly.
it extracts normap maps too. Check again, they must be there in some files or channels.
lolznoboz
n00b

Post by lolznoboz »

Farrarie wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:50 am WraithRevenant dont extract normap maps from doom 2016, how can I get the normal maps ?
Normalmap is in the alpha channel of the diffuse and specular textures

You have to combine them, the specular's alpha as the green channel, and the diffuse's alpha as the red channel
Phobos90
ultra-n00b

Post by Phobos90 »

Hello!

I've been the whole day scouting awesome Xentax for every piece of reference to RAGE and thanks to that I managed to get .resource extracted and have models in usable formats for characters and weapons.

The missing piece of the puzzle is textures, and reading this thread was very exiting for the possibility that the tool reaches RAGE, I'm sad to read it ended development before that.

Is there any uplifting info regarding being able to access RAGE's textures or should I drop this venture for now?
mmmniple
ultra-n00b

Post by mmmniple »

Hello , i dont know if this can help but they are a unity pluggin which has also the source code included called "AmplifyTextyure2" which is used for creating megatextures on unity games. One example is the game Disco Elyseum backgrounds.

they are a trial version you can find here

https://amplify.pt/amplify-texture-2-pu ... ent-trial/

http://amplify.pt/wp-content/download/A ... itypackage

i hope this can help