Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Last of Us 2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by sleepylilreepy »

arthur lil bro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:28 pm
ArlonSH wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am
arthur lil bro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:31 am One question, how i get or where i find the .PAK file of The Last of Us Part 2?
you can get to the .paks by extracting a TLOU2 .pkg file using the ps4 PKG tool https://github.com/pearlxcore/PS4-PKG-Tool
This will get you the content archived as .psarc files which you can extract with noesis.
these extracted files will give you the .paks that u can use the tools with.
Sorry, im trying here but when i go on the PKG Content part, ask for a passcode, and when i press view PKG content shows a error box saying "Passcode not correct.", if you could help this would be great! Thanks!

I'm using orbis to extract and the passcode is 32 zeroes, see if that works 00000000000000000000000000000000
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 pm Should I not bother with the individual .paks in the extracted folder from noesis and just drop the dict texture file from the texturedict3 onto the tool?
yes.
you can even make a batch to do them all texturedicts in one click
arthur lil bro
ultra-n00b

Post by arthur lil bro »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:44 pm
arthur lil bro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:28 pm
ArlonSH wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am

you can get to the .paks by extracting a TLOU2 .pkg file using the ps4 PKG tool https://github.com/pearlxcore/PS4-PKG-Tool
This will get you the content archived as .psarc files which you can extract with noesis.
these extracted files will give you the .paks that u can use the tools with.
Sorry, im trying here but when i go on the PKG Content part, ask for a passcode, and when i press view PKG content shows a error box saying "Passcode not correct.", if you could help this would be great! Thanks!

I'm using orbis to extract and the passcode is 32 zeroes, see if that works 00000000000000000000000000000000
Hello, it worked! Thanks!
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 pm
sleepylilreepy wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 pm Should I not bother with the individual .paks in the extracted folder from noesis and just drop the dict texture file from the texturedict3 onto the tool?
yes.

I think you underestimate my levels of compitence Daemon haha, I am a total NOOB and have no idea how to make a batch, I guess ill just extract the textures from each psarc and merge the folders at the end?
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:10 pm
yes.

hmmmm I extracted all the texture dicts from every game psarc folder, there are textures missing from the game files using this tool, the _textures.txt file inside the pak68 folder contains the names of the correct textures but the texture ripping tool for the maps doesnt extract all the files properly, its like half the textures are missing from the list. Heres a screenshot of the _textures.txt file inside texture dict3 folder after dropping the .pak on your tool. the end of the list is half finished. Image
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

twitkiss wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:03 am
daemon1 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:50 am if you dont want to export all textures, then make a text list of all textures ans search through it.
So, I think you're saying that if the texture hasn't been extracted then it'll get assigned the missing texture file? I'll check again and make sure I've extracted everything. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/MeqjEzg
Can I see how youve got your texture folder structure setup for the plugin? Daemon maybe you could post a short video video tutorial showing how to use your tool and the plugin so we know how to get auto texturing to work? im very confused and having throuble getting mine to auto texture the asciis, thanks again!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:02 am its like half the textures are missing from the list.
it seems there was some error and process crashed in the middle.
Make sure you have enough space, also filenames are very long, so run extraction from some very short path like "C:\tex"
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Post by ArlonSH »

Can I see how youve got your texture folder structure setup for the plugin? Daemon maybe you could post a short video video tutorial showing how to use your tool and the plugin so we know how to get auto texturing to work? im very confused and having throuble getting mine to auto texture the asciis, thanks again!
It depends on which importer you use. if you are using the secascii importer then u need to preserve the export hierarchy, other importers usually expect the textures to be put right next to the model in a folder.

for secascii the texture library should look something like this:

note: the z_ folder can be deleted as it mostly contains lightmaps and reflection probe data and such, for use in their game engine (and kinda useless data for our needs)

as the map tool from Daemon1 writes the textures into the ascii (all referenced textures are mentioned in the model_shaders.txt / model_textures.text the tool also exports)
example of the theater:

the blender script then just reads the data from the ascii and appends the path u give it, making the full path for the first two textures.
(i got it on my C drive, and converted the whole lib to .tga)

so in my case i put down: C:/TLOU2-DICT/common/texture4
and the script appends the art/shared/background/asset-library/textures/wires/wires-ground-a-color.tga
creating: C:/TLOU2-DICT/common/texture4art/shared/background/asset-library/textures/wires/wires-ground-a-color.tga
which is the exact location the file is at.

the importer will complain in the log about any missing data: (in this case a couple textures that got lost during my batch conversion to .tga)
edit: on second thought these missing texture are due to my -dic.packs being exported with tlou.exe and not tlou_maps.exe. It seems the map tool finds a couple extra textures that the normal tool doesn't.

End result then gives you something like this:

This only works for maps exported with the maptool Daemon1 provided kindly to us. auto texturing is not a thing for other assets (as far as i know) as the .ascii the other tool outputs doesnt save the path into the .ascii (it returns a dummy tlou_#), however it provides a seperate _shaders.txt as well linking all the maps so you can manually reconstruct them.

Im not sure why it doesn't output a similar .ascii as the other tool as creating such tools is way above my paygrade.
Maybe daemon1 can be so kind to shed some light on that?, or update the tool so it outputs the same .ascii as the map tool. :angel:
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

ArlonSH wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:51 am
It depends on which importer you use. if you are using the secascii importer then u need to preserve the export hierarchy, other importers usually expect the textures to be put right next to the model in a folder.

for secascii the texture library should look something like this:

note: the z_ folder can be deleted as it mostly contains lightmaps and reflection probe data and such, for use in their game engine (and kinda useless data for our needs)

as the map tool from Daemon1 writes the textures into the ascii (all referenced textures are mentioned in the model_shaders.txt / model_textures.text the tool also exports)
example of the theater:

the blender script then just reads the data from the ascii and appends the path u give it, making the full path for the first two textures.
(i got it on my C drive, and converted the whole lib to .tga)

so in my case i put down: C:/TLOU2-DICT/common/texture4
and the script appends the art/shared/background/asset-library/textures/wires/wires-ground-a-color.tga
creating: C:/TLOU2-DICT/common/texture4art/shared/background/asset-library/textures/wires/wires-ground-a-color.tga
which is the exact location the file is at.

the importer will complain in the log about any missing data: (in this case a couple textures that got lost during my batch conversion to .tga)
edit: on second thought these missing texture are due to my -dic.packs being exported with tlou.exe and not tlou_maps.exe. It seems the map tool finds a couple extra textures that the normal tool doesn't.

End result then gives you something like this:

This only works for maps exported with the maptool Daemon1 provided kindly to us. auto texturing is not a thing for other assets (as far as i know) as the .ascii the other tool outputs doesnt save the path into the .ascii (it returns a dummy tlou_#), however it provides a seperate _shaders.txt as well linking all the maps so you can manually reconstruct them.

Im not sure why it doesn't output a similar .ascii as the other tool as creating such tools is way above my paygrade.
Maybe daemon1 can be so kind to shed some light on that?, or update the tool so it outputs the same .ascii as the map tool. :angel:

Hi thanks this is great, have you extracted all the game textures and merged the folders or just the texturedict associated with the .pak youre loading into blender? Sorry I am really stupid and I still cant get it to work haha perhaps you could post a video of you getting this to work I could follow? Also all my textures are in dds and not tga?
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Post by ArlonSH »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:38 pm Hi thanks this is great, have you extracted all the game textures and merged the folders or just the texturedict associated with the .pak youre loading into blender? Sorry I am really stupid and I still cant get it to work haha perhaps you could post a video of you getting this to work I could follow? Also all my textures are in dds and not tga?
yes i extracted all the game textures.
The .paks reference textures from all over the place, most are usually in the corresponding -dict.pac but not all of them.
(things like shared and common materials etc are tucked away all over the different -dict.packs.)
So safest way to failproof load them into blender is by extracting them all.

You can extract them in the -files folder then move merge them together, or just copy all the -dict files to another folder and extract them there.
I went with copy and ran a .bat file that extracted all of them automaticly.

The textures the tool exports are indeed .dds and not .tga. The ascii however reference .tga so you will get file not found errors if you didnt convert those depending on the importer you use. To fix this either:
  • convert the entire library from .dds to .tga or
  • replace all the .tga references with .dds in the .ascii.
  • Changing the dropdown to .dds from secascii addon should also do the trick as it appends the extension to the file name.
I think Daemon1 also mentioned this in the post with the map tool.
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

ArlonSH wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:59 pm
sleepylilreepy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:38 pm Hi thanks this is great, have you extracted all the game textures and merged the folders or just the texturedict associated with the .pak youre loading into blender? Sorry I am really stupid and I still cant get it to work haha perhaps you could post a video of you getting this to work I could follow? Also all my textures are in dds and not tga?
yes i extracted all the game textures.
The .paks reference textures from all over the place, most are usually in the corresponding -dict.pac but not all of them.
(things like shared and common materials etc are tucked away all over the different -dict.packs.)
So safest way to failproof load them into blender is by extracting them all.

You can extract them in the -files folder then move merge them together, or just copy all the -dict files to another folder and extract them there.
I went with copy and ran a .bat file that extracted all of them automaticly.

The textures the tool exports are indeed .dds and not .tga. The ascii however reference .tga so you will get file not found errors if you didnt convert those depending on the importer you use. To fix this either:
  • convert the entire library from .dds to .tga or
  • replace all the .tga references with .dds in the .ascii.
  • Changing the dropdown to .dds from secascii addon should also do the trick as it appends the extension to the file name.
I think Daemon1 also mentioned this in the post with the map tool.
You're really helpful, thank you so much! I'll keep you posted once I extract all the textures, I think im getting close to solving this with your help, im too retarded to make my own .bat so I think im just gonna copy all the text dicts into one folder and extract there, I think some of the textures are named the same thing? some of them are 512x512 instead of 1024x1024 DId you find a solution to this? Thank you again!
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Post by ArlonSH »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 pm
ArlonSH wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:59 pm
sleepylilreepy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:38 pm
You're really helpful, thank you so much! I'll keep you posted once I extract all the textures, I think im getting close to solving this with your help, im too retarded to make my own .bat so I think im just gonna copy all the text dicts into one folder and extract there, I think some of the textures are named the same thing? some of them are 512x512 instead of 1024x1024 DId you find a solution to this? Thank you again!
None of the textures have identicial names so that shouldnt be an issue

the .bat file could look something like this, with all the -dicts and the tool in the same folder.

Code: Select all

for %%a in (*.*) do ( "tlou2_maps.exe" "%%a" )
And yes, textures have different sizes depending how important they are or how near the player can get to them, thats just how games are build.
most textures are probably between 256-1024 resolution.
Depends what you want to do with them, you can always modify them or try upscaling them.
sleepylilreepy
n00b

Post by sleepylilreepy »

the .bat file could look something like this, with all the -dicts and the tool in the same folder.

And yes, textures have different sizes depending how important they are or how near the player can get to them, thats just how games are build.
Depends what you want to do with them, you can always modify them or try upscaling them.

I have no idea how to even fill in the empty fields in the bat file so I guess ill just click and drag them 1 at a time, does my unpacked game need to be on the same drive im performing the extraction of the textures on, for example if I copy over the -dicts.pak to my C drive and perform the extraction with the tlou_maps tool there does it make a difference? Does the tool have a dependency on where the files are being unpacked from since id imagine it would ref the pak68 folder? My previous pak has errors halfway through and I think its because the file names were too long so im trying to do the texture conversion on my c drive w limited space haha, not sure if I need the game installed on that same drive etc
ArlonSH
ultra-n00b

Post by ArlonSH »

sleepylilreepy wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:36 pm

I have no idea how to even fill in the empty fields in the bat file so I guess ill just click and drag them 1 at a time, does my unpacked game need to be on the same drive im performing the extraction of the textures on, for example if I copy over the -dicts.pak to my C drive and perform the extraction with the tlou_maps tool there does it make a difference? Does the tool have a dependency on where the files are being unpacked from since id imagine it would ref the pak68 folder? My previous pak has errors halfway through and I think its because the file names were too long so im trying to do the texture conversion on my c drive w limited space haha, not sure if I need the game installed on that same drive etc
just copy paste the snippet to a .bat and run it. No need to adjust anything. The bat basicly just says: 'for all the files with a '.' in their name, run the tool and give the tool that files name' So it will scan the entire folder, and tell the tool to unpack it, go to the next, unpack it, untill it looped the entire folder.

Tool can be wherever, it outputs the files in the same directory as the source. names can be very long and that might cause export issues.
I made a TLOU2 folder on my C: root and exported them in there. So you can just drag the -dict.pack from your C drive folder to the tool on another drive and it will create the output on C
Julian0555
ultra-n00b

Post by Julian0555 »

When using the tool with patch1_files\build\ps4\main\actor97\model-viewer.pak I get the following exception:

D:\tlou2>tlou2.exe model-viewer.pak
Animation: model-viewer-dina at 11370
Warning! Skeleton bonecount does not match animation.

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )
I tried deleting all skeletons relating to Dina but then it had the same issue with an Abby animation, so I'm assuming the skeletons aren't the issue. I'd greatly appreciate any help!