Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Gloriastrawkin
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by Gloriastrawkin »

liza3 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:25 pm I'm copying my message here:

Hello! I modified the bms file (I wrote 1 instead of 0 Xd) and with this star stable online bms, quickbms will extract the pte, pmt and more sso files.

I'll send the new bms (I only tried with the csaheader files, but unpacked the same as the csa actually):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16f9qMSo...sp=sharing
And I'm sending one pte file from the folder :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qhrk3mU...sp=sharing

...And you can open the pme files!
Hello the link isn't available... can you re send it please ?
Gloriastrawkin
ultra-n00b

Post by Gloriastrawkin »

Hello , I need help with the hexadecimal editor to import the textures in the game can you explain to me how it works ?
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

I have a question on this forum, is it forbidden to ask about modifying game textures? because everytime someone asks about this someone deletes the post, this happened to me 2 times, i don't think it should be banned, it doesn't change the forum thread itself
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

No, asking about textures is not forbidden. Forbidden is spamming and posting off-topic messages.

This is reverse-engineering forum, so we should focus here on technical details and stop asking over and over again the same questions like:
- "how can I open the textures and edit them?"
- "Does anyone know how to change the textures of the pets?"

It won't help anybody. Those questions were already asked several times (just read 15 pages in this topic and see for yourself) and few answers have already been posted.

Besides, I've already warned you once viewtopic.php?p=181957#p181957
Please consider this message as your last warning.
Kitty Cute
beginner

Post by Kitty Cute »

Hello... So I was just wondering, no one has figured out how to replace them in-game after you edit them? Because I found the eyes texture in .DDS Format, and when I'm done recoloring them, I want to import my recolored eyes into the game...
Gloriastrawkin
ultra-n00b

Post by Gloriastrawkin »

Kitty Cute wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:29 pm Hello... So I was just wondering, no one has figured out how to replace them in-game after you edit them? Because I found the eyes texture in .DDS Format, and when I'm done recoloring them, I want to import my recolored eyes into the game...
I don't think so... in any case, what I know is that you have to use a hexadecimal editor and that simply replacing the game data does not work (the game crashes)
(sorry for my bad english, it's not my principal language lol)
hzzslg
ultra-n00b

Post by hzzslg »

locknut wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm I added a very simple user interface to my tool for extracting the textures and models. I'm working on some other features that may get released later, but since many people appear to have problems getting the models, I figured that I should publish a preview version. It converts everything to Collada DAE files that can imported into Blender without issues. I will release the source code later, but there are a lot of crap to clean up first.

It can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

To run it, you first need to install the .NET 6 Desktop Runtime. from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/down ... .0/runtime

Looks like this:
a.png
Hi ! 3D models are no longer extracted...
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

hzzslg wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:07 pm Hi ! 3D models are no longer extracted...
I just tested it with the last game version and the models were extracted fine. Make sure your game files are original and try to export again into a new empty folder.

I created a new forum topic in the game specific tool area: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25224

I suggest that all future questions and discussion about this tool is posted there.
liza3
ultra-n00b

Post by liza3 »

Hi again after long time! I am working on adding more horses to Pimp my horse sso and I add the new "Tinker" (Irish cob) first. But I have a problem.. If I choose my Irish cob texture, and I click on: "Change body in SSO", I got: "DDS file too big!". My DDS file's size is only 428 bite...I need to fix this but if you have any ideas.. Thank you!

Screenshots about the project: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

liza3 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:09 pm Hi again after long time! I am working on adding more horses to Pimp my horse sso and I add the new "Tinker" (Irish cob) first. But I have a problem.. If I choose my Irish cob texture, and I click on: "Change body in SSO", I got: "DDS file too big!". My DDS file's size is only 428 bite...I need to fix this but if you have any ideas.. Thank you!

Screenshots about the project: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
can u send this pmhsso? so we can try by our selfs, its more easy
giovannaartz
n00b

Post by giovannaartz »

you can try to resize the image to a smaller size try 800x800, or smaller and how did you do this in the program? when you finish could you send a download or tutorial?
liza3
ultra-n00b

Post by liza3 »

giovannaartz wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:59 pm you can try to resize the image to a smaller size try 800x800, or smaller and how did you do this in the program? when you finish could you send a download or tutorial?
I changed the texture's size in gimp, that's because it's only 428 bite. And yes, I send soon my files, so you can see the changes in the files, to see if you have any ideas. I did it with our popular hex editor, Hxd :lol: .
Update: I added 2 new colors of the new Andalusians, that weren’t in the program before, and the GH46 (new andalusian) texture in my UV layouts folder work with them! So not my file editing in the hex editor is the problem luckily.. And here is my files, like I promised: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
aria123
ultra-n00b

Post by aria123 »

great job! i don`t get how you import new models like the new andalusian into PMH ?
liza3
ultra-n00b

Post by liza3 »

aria123 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:52 am great job! i don`t get how you import new models like the new andalusian into PMH ?
Thank you :3! All changes in the Data folder of Pimp my horse SSO, You can look for changes there. In the "Thumbnails" folder (It's In the Data to) you can find only PNG photos about the horses. I used Hxd to add new horses, as I said.
aria123
ultra-n00b

Post by aria123 »

thx so much for answering,sadly i am such a noob with HEX Editor,even though i found the list and the thumbnails and thought i could import the extractet files into this folder.Will you add other horses soon?