Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
W0lfy
beginner

Re: 2021- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post by W0lfy »

For the cavity map, it looks like you took it from a Normal map channel or "Detail Normal map" like this one here...you can use the main
• Normal map + Detail normal map for more details + "B" or "Alpha" channel as Cavity (black and white) (my method)

MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

Is possible to extract textures with the ultra HD pack? I'm looking for the Ash Rodeo Dahlia textures and the specular and normal maps export in 512x512, though in the game with the pack they're 1024x1024. And as far as I'm aware, the headgear isn't viewable in the game anymore and it's just in the game files so I can't use Ninja Ripper to get them (as far as I know, I'm not 100% sure).

By the way, does anyone have an old version of the game dating back to from release to late 2016? I need the Ash hair specular texture from the old model before they changed it in Chimera in 2017. The model is available publicly, but it's missing the specular map and I'd like to know if it even existed. I could probably make one from the diffuse map, but it's probably not as great as the original thing if it was a thing.
YourlordAdam
ultra-n00b

Post by YourlordAdam »

MaZTeR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:22 pm Is possible to extract textures with the ultra HD pack? I'm looking for the Ash Rodeo Dahlia textures and the specular and normal maps export in 512x512, though in the game with the pack they're 1024x1024. And as far as I'm aware, the headgear isn't viewable in the game anymore and it's just in the game files so I can't use Ninja Ripper to get them (as far as I know, I'm not 100% sure).

By the way, does anyone have an old version of the game dating back to from release to late 2016? I need the Ash hair specular texture from the old model before they changed it in Chimera in 2017. The model is available publicly, but it's missing the specular map and I'd like to know if it even existed. I could probably make one from the diffuse map, but it's probably not as great as the original thing if it was a thing.
The Ultra HD pack textures are in datapc64_mtx_bnk_textures4.

as for the old version you can download them with the Steam Depot Downerloader over on github, use steamdb.info to get the Appid/Depotid/ManifestID
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

YourlordAdam wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:12 pm
MaZTeR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:22 pm Is possible to extract textures with the ultra HD pack? I'm looking for the Ash Rodeo Dahlia textures and the specular and normal maps export in 512x512, though in the game with the pack they're 1024x1024. And as far as I'm aware, the headgear isn't viewable in the game anymore and it's just in the game files so I can't use Ninja Ripper to get them (as far as I know, I'm not 100% sure).

The Ultra HD pack textures are in datapc64_mtx_bnk_textures4.

as for the old version you can download them with the Steam Depot Downerloader over on github, use steamdb.info to get the Appid/Depotid/ManifestID
Ah thanks. And I don't have the Steam version, that's the thing :P
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

MaZTeR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:22 pm Is possible to extract textures with the ultra HD pack? And as far as I'm aware, the headgear isn't viewable in the game anymore
Yes. If you generated the .db file with the textures4 forges (UHD DLC files) present dumpmeshprops command should definitely work.
MaZTeR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:22 pm as far as I'm aware, the headgear isn't viewable in the game anymore
If you own it you can see it, so either get it or make the game think you have it :)
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

floxay wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:42 pm
MaZTeR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:22 pm Is possible to extract textures with the ultra HD pack? And as far as I'm aware, the headgear isn't viewable in the game anymore
Yes. If you generated the .db file with the textures4 forges (UHD DLC files) present dumpmeshprops command should definitely work.
MaZTeR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:22 pm as far as I'm aware, the headgear isn't viewable in the game anymore
If you own it you can see it, so either get it or make the game think you have it :)
No I don't own it, but sometimes they're in the bundles tab or whatever it is. But unfortunately Ubisoft often removes unique cosmetics completely to be viewed from the menu, even if they're technically in the game. Not sure why can't they just allow people to get any cosmetic item instead of tying them to some stupid event that happened 10 years ago.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

For some reason it's unable to find the corresponding texture UID for the Rodeo Dahlia mesh from the UHD pack.

The object UID is 194403862641

It does find the standard textures from the ondemand archive.

Edit: Oh nvm, I ran the standard export process and it seemed to find the UHD files automatically without me referencing the UHD pack at all. That's good to know.

So, if anyone is interested in the UHD files, just install the UHD pack normally and then export the models the usual way.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: 2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post by MaZTeR »

For some reason AssetCatalog keeps crashing after I copy and paste UIDs a certain amount
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

MaZTeR wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:21 pm AssetCatalog
Use Prism.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

Are the models' normal maps' green channels automatically inverted? I noticed some of my models I've extracted from other games have the green channels looking up (DirectX) when they should be looking down (for OpenGL/Blender) and was curious if it's a problem with the models extracted with Ninjaripper and these tools. I honestly can't tell with some of these textures what is the correct way up (for example, with clothing that have creases everywhere), so is there like a fool proof method of showing which side is correct for the software you're using? I just want to avoid inverting textures that already are correct.

Also, it's easy to know what's the correct looking texture when you export them yourself out of the game, but often times you end up getting them from the internet and it's hard to tell if people have modified the textures.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

For example, how do you tell that the 4k detail normal map of the characters' faces has a correct green channel? I know it's broken because I extracted it from the game so it uses the DirectX method, but if I didn't know this, how honestly can you tell that it needs to be inverted? I can't tell just by looking at it because the white spots give lighting everywhere so it's pretty hard to tell the correct direction of lighting. Using actual lighting on the 3D model doesn't really help either because to me it doesn't look that bad when the green channel is inverted, so you can imagine this with some completely arbitrary clothing object that has many creases and all kinds of detail.

Edit: Actually, the mouth object's normal map is a better example
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

I'm having a new problem with extracting textures, for some reason when I'm dumping everything of a UID, it'll simply dump the model into a single folder and nothing else. It became like this after I updated the game and ran the index.

Here's what it says at the end.

Error while dumping: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
at DumpTool.DumpMeshPropsCommand.ProcessFlatArchive(ILiteDatabase db, Forge forge, Entry entry, String rootOutputDir, String rootForgeDir) in C:\Users\Admin\RiderProjects\RainbowForge\DumpTool\DumpMeshPropsCommand.cs:line 109
at DumpTool.DumpMeshPropsCommand.Run(DumpMeshPropsCommand args) in C:\Users\Admin\RiderProjects\RainbowForge\DumpTool\DumpMeshPropsCommand.cs:line 38

Edit: Yep, it now says the same with files that I already extracted before just fine.

Edit 2: I resolved this by doing the indexing again.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

I'm having trouble again. For some reason DumpTool is unable to find the Metadata containers for some gadgets, for example both the Twitch drone variants. I've ran the findallmeshpropsglobal function multiple times and it can't find anything for the object UIDs (which are 22439849214 and 42812368857). Same thing with the camera from Valkyrie's Elite skin and the bow and arrow from Hibana's Elite skin. I recently reinstalled the game completely so there can't be any missing files and also ran index couple of times the same day.
gep55
veteran

Post by gep55 »

Trying to index the forge files using the latest version of the game I just downloaded off steam, but the tool keeps giving me this error. If anyone has any idea what the problem is I' would love to know.

Cheers :)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege>DumpTool.exe index "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege"
Unhandled exception. System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'connectionString')
at LiteDB.ConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString)
at DumpTool.IndexCommand.Run(IndexCommand args) in C:\Users\Admin\RiderProjects\RainbowForge\DumpTool\IndexCommand.cs:line 39
at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
at DumpTool.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Admin\RiderProjects\RainbowForge\DumpTool\Program.cs:line 9
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

gep55 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:25 pm Trying to index the forge files using the latest version of the game I just downloaded off steam, but the tool keeps giving me this error. If anyone has any idea what the problem is I' would love to know.
Correct usage for the index command is described here: https://github.com/parzivail/RainbowForge#index
Usage: DumpTool.exe index <directory of forge files> <output index filename>
Example: DumpTool.exe index "X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege" "index.db"
You forgot to give a path/name for the database file.
MaZTeR wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:49 pm I'm having trouble again. For some reason DumpTool is unable to find the Metadata containers for some gadgets, for example both the Twitch drone variants. I've ran the findallmeshpropsglobal function multiple times and it can't find anything for the object UIDs (which are 22439849214 and 42812368857). Same thing with the camera from Valkyrie's Elite skin and the bow and arrow from Hibana's Elite skin. I recently reinstalled the game completely so there can't be any missing files and also ran index couple of times the same day.
For the Twitch drone: it's probably because of the Y6S3 change where they made it be able to jump, if you search for 362539203462 (W_Gadget_OPS_Twitch_ShockDrone_Jumping_LOD0_CM) it finds 2 entries and you can dump it.