Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RoockyGTA
ultra-n00b

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post by RoockyGTA »

Joschka wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:41 pm Just to post a small update : I've been working on the new NUNO5 during my free time for the past 4 days or so (starting with Atelier 2 and then it turned out that SoP used it too). This new NUNO section is quite complex and they changed the cloth meshes computation too so I had to reverse their new cloth shader on top of this new section.
I got most of the assets working at this point but there are still some very annoying edge cases (all from SoP) that I need to understand/figure out eventually before a proper release (like some NUNO linked entries and some weird negative cloth weights that I have no idea how to deal with for now).
Needless to say after spending most of my time working with bytes, shader assembly and linear algebra during the last days I'm probably going to take a break before finishing the job completely so I can't really give a proper release window for now.
Allanoon wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:32 pm G1M files are mildly supported, some crash, some are deformed looking, other seems fine (mainly equipments?).
The "deformed" models you're referring to are actually low LOD asssets ! For some reason they've stopped using the built-in G1M system and put the different LODs in different assets, I saw that in Age of Calamity before too.

On top of the new games support I'll have other additions and I'll take this opportunity to make x64 builds for Noesis64 too.
hello friend look so as not to bother you since that is not my intention I will explain it here I could see the animation in an autodesk program it is a file viewer but in the 3ds max program neither the character appears nor much less the animation and that I'm importing the FBX file fine so tell me what can I do? or what am I doing wrong? or what do I need to do? I want to edit the animation help me please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

RoockyGTA wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 am hello friend look so as not to bother you since that is not my intention I will explain it here I could see the animation in an autodesk program it is a file viewer but in the 3ds max program neither the character appears nor much less the animation and that I'm importing the FBX file fine so tell me what can I do? or what am I doing wrong? or what do I need to do? I want to edit the animation help me please
I'm not a 3ds max user so no idea sorry. If you were able to export the fbx from Noesis then the plugin is working as expected. I can't really help more than that, you should ask on 3ds max forums or maybe try another format.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Version 1.7 is now available

The biggest feature is NUNO5 support, the new physics update introduced by Koei Tecmo.

-Noesis 64 bit support. This new version introduces 64bit builds. I'll keep including 32bit dlls in the releases but I recommend switching to Noesis64 if you can, especially if you're looking into "big" games. This way you won't have memory constraints anymore.

-Support for NUNO5 physics meshes. This new chunk is used in Atelier Sophie 2 and FF Origins and will most likely be used from now on in the next games. This chunk now enables them to have different physics LODs (compare the number of physics nodes on both pics). I only care about the highest one with the plugin.
Image vs Image

-Support for NUNO5 subsets. Their vertex shader has a hardcoded limit of 512 control points being fed into the constant buffer. However in games like FFOrigins where they have crazy amounts of nodes, they now have a parent entries to define all of them and then children NUNO entries to cherry-pick the ones necessary for a given submesh. This is why you'll notice big capes etc being split into several submeshes.

-Support for Nintendo Switch texture untiling. It seems that 5 years after the console's release they finally decided to use Switch tiling for their textures (about time...). Touken Ranbu Musou was the first game to use it, texture support is now available for this game

-Support added for G1M v30 and G1A v40. Both were used in older games, including Dynasty Warriors 5. Image

Credits:
-Many thanks to DeathChaos for his help with a lot of testing, modding, frame dumping and bug reporting, this new version wouldn't have been available so fast without him.
-Similarly, thanks to Yretenai for providing me frame dumps that enabled me to start the new cloth shader research.
-Finally, thanks to einherjar007 for sending me some DW5 samples.

N.B.
Reminder for those interested in FF Origins : you can "equip" a character by simply putting his body and accessory g1m files in the same folder then loading whatever one with the "merge all" option. Make sure to disable it if you're looking for a specific g1m file in CharacterEditor/g1m or a similar folder or you'll load every single g1m there. Textures and anims related to a g1m can be found just like you do for other RDB games. If you put everything in the same folder they'll be taken into account too, here's an example where I put 3 g1m files (Jack, a coat, some trousers) and a few anims

wansf
veteran

Post by wansf »

consume
ultra-n00b

Post by consume »

Tahugamer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:49 pm Can anyone please share Neon's g1m/g1t?
g1m
Neon - a2849b6b
Sophia - 34bd3a3e

No idea where their textures are.
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

Thanks for your awesome plugin and great effort! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But I came across a problem that I cannot figure out what caused it:

The noraml for the "driver" parts are comletely a mess. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks in advance!! :]
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

Joschka I keep getting this Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\User\Pictures\fin\New folder\New folder\plugins\python\fmt_g1m.py", line 2549, in LoadModel
nunoMap = clothMap[ID2s[currentMesh]]
IndexError: list index out of range with Sophie 2
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

I just released a small update to get models from Samurai Warriors 2 working (thanks to einherjar007 for the report). I also added a Noesis version check, this way people will be prompted to update if their version is too old instead of getting crashes. Now to answer a few questions :
consume wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:50 am g1m
Neon - a2849b6b
Sophia - 34bd3a3e
No idea where their textures are.
FFThingy.zip
Usage : Given a g1m hash (left column), get the ktid hash (right column). After that just use Nyotengu.KTID to reconstruct the g1t.
Ex : Given 1c31305b.g1m, I get b77f6980 from the list so

Code: Select all

Nyotengu.KTID.exe GameDump\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb GameDump\MaterialEditor\g1t GameDump\CharacterEditor\ktid\b77f6980.ktid
The reconstructed g1t will have the same name as the ktid and will be located next to it. Then just create a folder, place the g1t and the g1m there, make sure that the "merge all" option is enabled and load the g1m to auto apply the textures.
Another way is to just set the "select g1t" option and you'll get prompted to choose a g1t file when you load a g1m file. It may be the best solution to avoid forgetting to untick "merge all" and load every single g1m at the same time from CharacterEditor/g1m, which you definitely don't want to.

If you want to also merge different g1m files at the same time, name them accordingly so that the g1t and g1m are in the good order. For example 0.g1m, 1.g1m for a head + body and 0.g1t, 1.g1t for their associated textures. Another way would be to just rename the g1t to the same hash of the g1m.
Kanbara wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:23 am Thanks for your awesome plugin and great effort! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But I came across a problem that I cannot figure out what caused it:
The noraml for the "driver" parts are comletely a mess. Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks in advance!! :]
Yeah unfortunately this happened with other games too, what happens is that since those physics meshes' vertices linked to the NUNO sections get moved around and transformed a lot, normals would in theory need similar computation. So far I just let Noesis auto generate them, which gave good enough normals most of the time but not always (the first boss' cape is another example where it gives unpleasant results).
I'd have to go back to shader decomp and see what they do with these eventually to get normals correctly working but I just got hardware issues that I need to solve and I'm also not sure if I have enough motivation for now to look into this. So yeah I'd recommend regenerating normals yourself for these until I finally look into this, which may happen when Fire Emblem Three Hopes will release.
blacknight411 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:13 am Joschka I keep getting this Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\User\Pictures\fin\New folder\New folder\plugins\python\fmt_g1m.py", line 2549, in LoadModel
nunoMap = clothMap[ID2s[currentMesh]]
IndexError: list index out of range with Sophie 2
fmt_g1m is deprecated,delete it and use project G1M.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

Joschka wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:55 pmYeah unfortunately this happened with other games too, what happens is that since those physics meshes' vertices linked to the NUNO sections get moved around and transformed a lot, normals would in theory need similar computation. So far I just let Noesis auto generate them, which gave good enough normals most of the time but not always (the first boss' cape is another example where it gives unpleasant results).
I'd have to go back to shader decomp and see what they do with these eventually to get normals correctly working but I just got hardware issues that I need to solve and I'm also not sure if I have enough motivation for now to look into this. So yeah I'd recommend regenerating normals yourself for these until I finally look into this, which may happen when Fire Emblem Three Hopes will release.
Thanks for your reply! And also appreciate that list for assembling g1m with g1t!! :dance: <3 <3
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

A another question Joschuka do I need this to Source code (tar.gz) or just the projectG1M.zip
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

blacknight411 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:22 am A another question Joschuka do I need this to Source code (tar.gz) or just the projectG1M.zip
You just need projectG1M.zip, the source code is for developpers. Extract it and put the content from the "plugins" folder in the Noesis' plugins folder.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

Ok I got it open Joschka but there no bone and textures for the model.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Atelier games have split assets.
Tools -> Display plugin tools
Tools -> projectG1M-> merge all assets in same folder
Then load again
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

Went I merge all assets in same folder the model was mess up and I keep on going getting this Reading 'C:\Users\User\Pictures\atlier\newgust_tools-master\pc00a_model\\driver_10_mat'...Failed. and lot of bone are not attached I try to send you a picture but it takes only 256 KiB.
and thank you for asking me back.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

blacknight411 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:38 am Went I merge all assets in same folder the model was mess up
If you just opened an asset you just extracted it shouldn't be, all the samples from Sophie 2 I tried worked.
blacknight411 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:38 am I keep on going getting this Reading 'C:\Users\User\Pictures\atlier\newgust_tools-master\pc00a_model\\driver_10_mat'...Failed.
Ignore these warnings
blacknight411 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:38 am and lot of bone are not attached
NUNO physics nodes are not true bones, I just represent them as is so users can do whatever they want with them.