Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
some1hippiebullshit
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by some1hippiebullshit »

Tysm for your program, its really useful ! But the coats are not on the 3D models of the horses and the program doesnt extract the textures of the coats
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

some1hippiebullshit wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:12 pm Tysm for your program, its really useful ! But the coats are not on the 3D models of the horses and the program doesnt extract the textures of the coats
Ah yes, that's true. The coats are actually not part of the models, they are assigned dynamically by the game. And my tool skips all textures that are not attached to a model. But I see that it would be useful to extract all textures, I'll change that...
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

A "preview 4" version has now been uploaded that extracts all textures. Those not used by any models are put in the "AdditionalTextures" folder in the destination. It's over 13.000 files so the extraction will take a little bit longer now.
giovannaartz
n00b

Post by giovannaartz »

Can you explain in detail or with a video how I can open the 3d files and textures? it would help a lot

my goal is to change horse colors and make my own on SSO :)
Rleqn
ultra-n00b

Post by Rleqn »

Collada was a pretty neat choice, though I think they might be just saving it as an autodesk fbx. Did you have any luck with the armature and animation files? Would be great to see the functionality in your tool as well. Though I also fear our joy won't be for long and the devs will be quick to patch the future files. With a such a nifty app all their work will be in the hands of kids now, so I reckon the knowledge will spread like a wildfire :bahaha:
giovannaartz
n00b

Post by giovannaartz »

i got the horse mane and body files but they are in pme files and i found some files in dds but i have no idea how to open in programs like blender substance painter or photoshop to change the color and put it in the game with the modified colors
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

giovannaartz wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:50 am Can you explain in detail or with a video how I can open the 3d files and textures? it would help a lot

my goal is to change horse colors and make my own on SSO :)
If you use my tool you will get a number of DAE files. To open them in Blender you just go to File/Import menu item and select Collada import.

It wont help you with modding the game though. That is much more complicated.
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Rleqn wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:48 pm Collada was a pretty neat choice, though I think they might be just saving it as an autodesk fbx. Did you have any luck with the armature and animation files? Would be great to see the functionality in your tool as well. Though I also fear our joy won't be for long and the devs will be quick to patch the future files. With a such a nifty app all their work will be in the hands of kids now, so I reckon the knowledge will spread like a wildfire :bahaha:
I think that the game designers use FBX internally, but in the game files they are converted into this PME format used by their custom game engine. I don't think they care that much about us looking at the resources, but it could be smart to save a copy of the current files just in case they change the format :-)

The animation files are pretty simple, and the armatures share format with the models but with added bone data and deformation weights. I know how to read them, but my math is a bit off so they don't look right.
giovannaartz
n00b

Post by giovannaartz »

I can't find any DAE files just CRN and DDS
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

giovannaartz wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:51 pm I can't find any DAE files just CRN and DDS
Did you really use my SSO Extract tool? Or something else?
giovannaartz
n00b

Post by giovannaartz »

yes 100%
the only DAE files are for equipment or clothing the horses are all in CRN, if i did something wrong sorry :( i'm not the best person when it comes to programming i just wanted to make my own horse textures in the game like some youtubers like c.c creations with the pimp my horse program (:
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

giovannaartz wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:15 pm yes 100%
the only DAE files are for equipment or clothing the horses are all in CRN, if i did something wrong sorry :( i'm not the best person when it comes to programming i just wanted to make my own horse textures in the game like some youtubers like c.c creations with the pimp my horse program (:
There should not be any crn files in the destination if everything worked as it should.

Please try again and use a new empty folder as the destination. If you still see crn files afterwards, then something went wrong. There will be a text file with debug info there, if you zip that and send it to me in a PM I might be able to see what the reason is.
giovannaartz
n00b

Post by giovannaartz »

ok thanks a lot for helping
giovannaartz
n00b

Post by giovannaartz »

now does anyone know how i can put the textures and change the colors in substance painter ??
Rleqn
ultra-n00b

Post by Rleqn »

giovannaartz wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:19 pm now does anyone know how i can put the textures and change the colors in substance painter ??
This is not a thread nor forum for painter. I would advise to go and ask on Substance Painter forums :wink: Otherwise pretty soon it will be hard to find anything in this thread with questions like that.