Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Total War: Warhammer, Noesis script

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
09williamsad
veteran

Re: Total War: Warhammer, Noesis script

Post by 09williamsad »

Converted and raw models for Total War Warhammer 3 now in my archive.
I am not allowed to post it here, but if you google my username you should find it
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
Ragnarr1313
ultra-n00b

Post by Ragnarr1313 »

Has anyone been able to get the script to work with the flesh hounds? I seem to be able to get the other Khorne Daemons, but only one of the heads for the flesh hounds looks correct. all the other heads and bodies all look like they are jagged crystal like things.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Ragnarr1313 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:45 pm Has anyone been able to get the script to work with the flesh hounds? I seem to be able to get the other Khorne Daemons, but only one of the heads for the flesh hounds looks correct. all the other heads and bodies all look like they are jagged crystal like things.
Post samples i will take a look
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

jayn23 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:21 pm Post samples i will take a look
Was curious, so I took a look.
For the flesh hound, the geometry seems to have collapsed inwards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Well the fix is pretty easy,
for some reason the file header is of a version 7 (warhammer total war II format ) while the actual mesh format is
version 8 (warhammer total war III).

Edit:
Here is an updated script - with a workaround that should work for all models.
it would be great if you could check both Total War II and Total War III - to make sure my changes didnt ruin support for older games
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mnan
ultra-n00b

Post by mnan »

jayn23 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:47 pm it would be great if you could check both Total War II and Total War III - to make sure my changes didnt ruin support for older games
Doesn't TWWIII contain everything that was in TWII anyway?
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

mnan wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:01 pm Doesn't TWWIII contain everything that was in TWII anyway?
Well i dont know about everything but it does have alot of TWWII meshes/animations - i changed something based on a educated assumation without much testing, thats why i was hoping for more testing.
Last edited by jayn23 on Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragnarr1313
ultra-n00b

Post by Ragnarr1313 »

jayn23 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:47 pm Well the fix is pretty easy,
for some reason the file header is of a version 7 (warhammer total war II format ) while the actual mesh format is
version 8 (warhammer total war III).

Edit:
Here is an updated script - with a workaround that should work for all models.
it would be great if you could check both Total War II and Total War III - to make sure my changes didnt ruin support for older games

Great, thank you. :)

Ignore the last message, I figured out what I was doing wrong. lol.

Thanks again.
Adam69420
ultra-n00b

Post by Adam69420 »

hi, is there a complete plugin? if yes can u please reupload it
CairnTrenz
n00b

Post by CairnTrenz »

Is the Warhammer 3 anims still going to be worked on for future versions of the script?
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

CairnTrenz wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:41 am Is the Warhammer 3 anims still going to be worked on for future versions of the script?
Sorry i am not working on animation at the moment,
Disinformed
ultra-n00b

Post by Disinformed »

Apologies up front for being new to this. I'm just looking for some clarification as to what's the proper workflow for using V4 of the script (in WH2). When I double-click an .anim file in Noesis it prompts me to 1) select a .anim file for the skeleton (I might be starting off wrong right here - is it looking for just any .anim file that uses the skeleton, or is there a base skeletal definition .anim file I'm unaware of that it wants?), 2) Select a static mesh file (this seems straightforward, no?), and 3) Select a .anim file again. I'm not sure what it's looking for in each of the 2 distinct .anim requests. Can anyone clarify?

Specific example: I'm working on Alastair. I'm first selecting "hu1c_2ha_attack_01.anim", a 2H Axe animation, then "hef_alastair_01.rigid_model_v2". After this, on the second .anim request, I have tried selecting "hu1c_2ha_attack_01.anim" again along with several others, and am getting gyrating vertex salad. (I *feel* like I'm missing a basic skeleton reference, but don't know what it would be called or where to find it in the .pack files.)

Thanks!
Jaw
beginner

Post by Jaw »

Disinformed wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:07 pm Apologies up front for being new to this. I'm just looking for some clarification as to what's the proper workflow for using V4 of the script (in WH2). When I double-click an .anim file in Noesis it prompts me to 1) select a .anim file for the skeleton (I might be starting off wrong right here - is it looking for just any .anim file that uses the skeleton, or is there a base skeletal definition .anim file I'm unaware of that it wants?), 2) Select a static mesh file (this seems straightforward, no?), and 3) Select a .anim file again. I'm not sure what it's looking for in each of the 2 distinct .anim requests. Can anyone clarify?

Specific example: I'm working on Alastair. I'm first selecting "hu1c_2ha_attack_01.anim", a 2H Axe animation, then "hef_alastair_01.rigid_model_v2". After this, on the second .anim request, I have tried selecting "hu1c_2ha_attack_01.anim" again along with several others, and am getting gyrating vertex salad. (I *feel* like I'm missing a basic skeleton reference, but don't know what it would be called or where to find it in the .pack files.)

Thanks!
This is the process that has worked well for se so far:
1. in noesis, select the .rigid_model_v2 for Alastair, not the anim file (why would you ever start with the animation?)
2. now select the proper skeleton .anim file, in this case sounds like it will be the standard hu1c skeleton
3. now to apply the animation, select hu1c_2ha_attack_01.anim on the second file query

However, WH3 animations dont seem to be supported right now and are not actively worked on if I understand correctly. Just cancel the last file input for now.

Most important of all, in order to not get spikey vertex explosions you need to make sure the old script is not in the noesis python folder anymore, only the newest one! Delete the old stuff.
kaiguy
ultra-n00b

Post by kaiguy »

Hey all! I'm equally new to this and I'm running into an issue when trying to export modded meshes. Every time I attempt (regardless of what meager changes in Python I can muster), this happens:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_WarhammerTotalWar_III.py", line 433, in noepyLoadModel
texList, matList = Mesh(data, mdlList)
File "Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_WarhammerTotalWar_III.py", line 332, in Mesh
MaterialName = ReadStringKnown(f, 514)
File "Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_WarhammerTotalWar_III.py", line 23, in ReadStringKnown
return Name
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'Name' referenced before assignment

A bit of code tweaking then got me this error instead:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_WarhammerTotalWar_III.py", line 433, in noepyLoadModel
texList, matList = Mesh(data, mdlList)
File "Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_WarhammerTotalWar_III.py", line 332, in Mesh
MaterialName = ReadStringKnown(f, 514)
TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len()

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? Thank you!
serraphiel
ultra-n00b

Post by serraphiel »

Hi,

Is there any news of the animations? we are not able to extract them yet...