Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
some1hippiebullshit
ultra-n00b

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by some1hippiebullshit »

Pollaris wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:58 am Hey! Anyone knows how to get models from the game? Or someone has starter horse model? Thanks for the answer! I really need to know how to get models
Hi ! 3D models are .PME files, you can open them with 3D Object Converter and convert them to open with Blender :)

When I converted the 3D models for blender, models are incomplete... Does anyone have a solution? and how to apply a texture on blender ?
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

If you're going to use 3D Object Converter to convert models, then you need to buy a register otherwise models are going to have holes in them. You can also try to write a program like 3D Object Converter yourself, but if you want so then you need to do research regarding it yourself.
There are many tutorials on Youtube on how to apply textures to models in Blender. Just follow the tutorial regarding crunch and textures (which is in this topic) and then you can use those textures in Blender.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
some1hippiebullshit
ultra-n00b

Post by some1hippiebullshit »

Ty!
I know how to access textures and I have watched videos about applying textures in Blender but I have not found anything about applying such a detailed texture to a model that is also very detailed. All I found were videos on how to apply the same texture on all the faces of a cube or on a sphere
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

Just do it the same way. If the texture looks weird on a model then try to play around with UV.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
aria123
ultra-n00b

Post by aria123 »

i got the pte and pmt files using quick bms,the files show a white square when i open them in 3d converter,i have no idea what to do next
Pollaris
n00b

Post by Pollaris »

some1hippiebullshit wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:16 pm
Pollaris wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:58 am Hey! Anyone knows how to get models from the game? Or someone has starter horse model? Thanks for the answer! I really need to know how to get models
Hi ! 3D models are .PME files, you can open them with 3D Object Converter and convert them to open with Blender :)

When I converted the 3D models for blender, models are incomplete... Does anyone have a solution? and how to apply a texture on blender ?
I'm not really sure how to do it. Can you explain please? ^^'
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

putting the textures manually will probably never work, the game won't open if the file is not the EXACT size of the original, does anyone have any other suggestions on how to add custom textures in the game? (WITHOUT PMHSSO)
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

I added a very simple user interface to my tool for extracting the textures and models. I'm working on some other features that may get released later, but since many people appear to have problems getting the models, I figured that I should publish a preview version. It converts everything to Collada DAE files that can imported into Blender without issues. I will release the source code later, but there are a lot of crap to clean up first.

It can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

To run it, you first need to install the .NET 6 Desktop Runtime. from https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/down ... .0/runtime

Looks like this:
a.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Samyy360
advanced

Post by Samyy360 »

its working 100% rlly great job, tysm, makes things a LOT easier
Pollaris
n00b

Post by Pollaris »

I have one problem with your software. There is no like "next" or "exit" just blank space.
https://gyazo.com/2976642ebe1883e200b97184e8387610 Can you help with it?
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Pollaris wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:42 am I have one problem with your software. There is no like "next" or "exit" just blank space.
https://gyazo.com/2976642ebe1883e200b97184e8387610 Can you help with it?
Hi! Yes, it looks like you have DPI-scaling enabled in Windows. Thanks for reporting it! I forgot to test that scenario.

I have uploaded a new fixed version that you can try (same link as above). Or you can temporarily set the scaling to 100% and use the first version...
Pollaris
n00b

Post by Pollaris »

Still the same problem :/
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Pollaris wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:24 am Still the same problem :/
You're right, something went wrong there. I've updated it again, so if you download it again it should work. It doesn't look perfect, but the buttons are visible.
Pollaris
n00b

Post by Pollaris »

I see most of textures but I don't see any of models
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Pollaris wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:50 pm I see most of textures but I don't see any of models
I'll follow-up with a PM to avoid spamming this thread...