Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Total War: Warhammer, Noesis script

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Angmarec
n00b

Re: Total War: Warhammer, Noesis script

Post by Angmarec »

Hi, i still have problems with some animations:
As i understand in this game they have some "docking system", it is something like additional animations, that adds some extra anmations to existing one. I attach example.
I tryed to convert it with noesis script, but it seems like it plays some animation, but nothing happenes.
And it is not only skeleton with succh issues, for example all humanoid01 has same system. As i understand this additional "docking" used to change finger grip for weapons. Any ideas, how to convert this additional animation?
Last edited by Angmarec on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Hi, i still have problems with some animations:
As i understand in this game they have some "docking system", it is something like additional animations, that adds some extra anmations to existing one. I attach example.
I tryed to convert it with noesis script, but it seems like it plays some animation, but nothing happenes.
And it is not only skeleton with succh issues, for example all humanoid01 has same system. As i understand this additional "docking" used to change finger grip for weapons. Any ideas, how to convert this additional animation?
i dont know anything about this but i will try to take a look once i am done with current project i am working on, i am pretty close to the finish line so hopefully it wont be long .
Angmarec
n00b

Post by Angmarec »

i dont know anything about this but i will try to take a look once i am done with current project i am working on, i am pretty close to the finish line so hopefully it wont be long .
Thank you so much for help, no rush, good luck with your project.

And additional small question: i tryed to export few buildings, and rebuild some prefabs, and it came out that after conversion models have different pivot point(now it is in geometrical center of the model). And when i used coordinates from prefab files, they don't match, this is Noesis specific issue, or export script has such functionality?
Original (from Terry CA map editor):
After conversion:
mnan
ultra-n00b

Post by mnan »

Hi everyone!

Complete novice here, but I'm trying my hand at Noesis to fiddle with TWH2 files.
This script is a godsend, of course, but I was thinking:

since there's a lot of multi-part models in TWH2, is there a way to load multiple meshes on a single skeleton, and export the whole thing as a single mesh+skeleton directly from Noesis? Or is that a thing that I do with the exported fbx files on another software?
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

since there's a lot of multi-part models in TWH2, is there a way to load multiple meshes on a single skeleton, and export the whole thing as a single mesh+skeleton directly from Noesis? Or is that a thing that I do with the exported fbx files on another software?
Try this:
Answer given by Joschka on my gr2 thread
Depending on how the script is made you may want to try this : https://github.com/RoadTrain/noesis-plu ... elmerge.py

Put it in the plugins folder
Then right click on the file and choose merge
It'll load all the files with the same extension that are next to it
Check the bone merging options in the script to avoid having duplicates if relevant
I guess i could add this eventually (need to add it to my gr2 script as well) but i have so little free time lately i rather spend it playing or watching TV shows, i haven't opened visual studio in over 2 months but i will sooner or later :ninja:
Farrarie
beginner

Post by Farrarie »

jayn23 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:08 pm Well it really was not loading all meshes, there is a inconsistency between meshes for static and skinned so i set it to load the smaller number of meshes (LOD vs Meshcount) which always worked until this sample.

in order to solve this is i added a attribute called "DEBUG = 0" in line 10 of the code, when its set to 0 it will load minimum mesh count which works for static and most of the time skinned mesh.
if you think (like in this case you are missing meshes) change code to "DEBUG = 1", and it will load according to mesh count.

I also made some QoL changes to code:
1. first you double click on mesh file only (1 less click than before), then asked to choose skeleton file and the then animation.
you can cancel after mesh and you will get only mesh, cancel when animation is requested and get mesh with skeleton or load all three.

2. Since last time i posted my script i learned how to load each mesh seperatly with a uniqe name, so now in order to allow you to choose high poly mesh without LOD i made it so all meshes are loaded but each has its own name and can very easily be deselected in noesis or any other program.

Hey how can I open multiple files, I only can open part of the model, like only body or head sepratly, how can I open lets say full centigor model head and body weapons etc in noesis ? and thanks alot for this script !
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

using the current noesis script you cant load multiple files.
you can try using method i already linked above which allows to combine multiple meshes and skeleton, not sure about animations..
i dont have planes to add support for this in my noesis script currently.
Farrarie
beginner

Post by Farrarie »

understandable, you already did enough in this amazing script. thanks alot !
mnan
ultra-n00b

Post by mnan »

jayn23 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:53 pm using the current noesis script you cant load multiple files.
you can try using method i already linked above which allows to combine multiple meshes and skeleton, not sure about animations..
i dont have planes to add support for this in my noesis script currently.
It actually works pretty well with both skeletons AND animations.
It loads and attach every iteration of the .anim files to the mesh, though, so while you are "assembling" the mesh by opening (in order)
1- the skeleton file
2- the mesh file
3- the animation file
remember to only load the skeleton .anim and the animation .anim files with the first mesh, and cancel the others, otherwise you will find yourself with a .fbx with three skeletons in it. If you only do it once, the whole mesh will be linked to the single skeleton loaded.
So you will have to go like this:
RIGHT CLICK ON THE FIRST MESH FILE IN NOESIS AND SELECT MODEL MERGER
OPEN SKELETON 1
OPEN MESH 1
OPEN ANIMATION 1
SKIP SKELETON 2
OPEN MESH 2
SKIP ANIMATION 2
[...]

The only thing is that the file merger will only load one "version" of the model and no sub-models, so you can't cycle between sub-models. It's not that much of an issue in general, but with some models the only sub-models that is loaded is a pretty partial one (like, I dunno, Grimgor, whose first submodel is just a head, with the other two being different poly-counts of the whole body).
mnan
ultra-n00b

Post by mnan »

AAAAAAAAlright, who's gonna fiddle with the TWW2 script to make it work with TWW3?
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

mnan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:40 pm AAAAAAAAlright, who's gonna fiddle with the TWW2 script to make it work with TWW3?
I tool a look at samples posted on the other post, so far i have figured out the skeleton format - no major changes there,
Still havent figured out the mesh format - i am kinda rusty not doing any RE for the past 8 months or so but ill figure it out...

can you please post 2-3 samples of models with animations and textures - so i can check everything is working correctly.
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

jayn23 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:19 pm can you please post 2-3 samples of models with animations and textures - so i can check everything is working correctly.
Animation and models with textures added to my sample link.
https://mega.nz/folder/7GxkBT4K#UcK6KQlduUnOplekkr0vWA
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

As promised a updated script supporting Total War: Warhammer III (in addition to I + II),

Currently new mesh and skeleton formats are supported, many of the models and animations are in the old format and will still load, if you try loading an aniamtion from new version nothing will happen - in debug console in will say that aniamtion version is unsupported.

Huge thanks to zaramot, i was having distorted mesh issues with the new format and he helped me out.

very little testing has been done so please report any issues you might encounter.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

Outstanding! Testing now
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

Done some batch testing of the new noesis script with Total War Warhammer 3.
In the attached zip is a list of the models that did not output a fbx and a index for determing skeleton based on model path.
2637 of the 18221 models did not convert, mostly vfx, rigid models and terrain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.