Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
lJITimate
ultra-n00b

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post by lJITimate »

Sharppy wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:54 pm Textures I batched as well. Placed all files into 1 folder and did this.

pip install click

Then ran this .bat file along with the text.py inside of the folder. Anyone is more than welcome to use. :keke:
I think Ive got it working, and its outputting .dds files but they aren't usable. every software I try fails to open them properly. Any ideas?

Edit: or if anyone has an alternate method of converting texture files Id really appreciate it, even if its just one at a time
THBlender
ultra-n00b

Post by THBlender »

Sharppy wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:54 pm Textures I batched as well. Placed all files into 1 folder and did this.

pip install click

Then ran this .bat file along with the text.py inside of the folder. Anyone is more than welcome to use. :keke:
I'm getting this error every time i open this batch:
I already have Click installed and i have python 3.9.9, what am i doing wrong?
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Not sure i had no issues in converting textures. I did py install click in CMD then placed .bat and .py into same folder as textures than then ran the bat. There is nothing else to do here.
THBlender
ultra-n00b

Post by THBlender »

Sharppy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:04 am Not sure i had no issues in converting textures. I did py install click in CMD then placed .bat and .py into same folder as textures than then ran the bat. There is nothing else to do here.
I already fixed the problem, i used py -m pip install click and it worked, now i've exported several texture files.
However, the dds textures i exported dont work in blender, The dds files are exported in bc7_unorm, and blender does not support that format and shows pink textures instead.
If i convert the textures to bc3_unorm they will work, however if i export with the py script the images come out bugged and look like this, so i have to use visual studio to convert from bc7 to bc3.
sorry if my english is bad i'm not a native speaker.
Spiritovod
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Spiritovod »

^ That's actually a good question. While I'm not interested in the game, I wonder if there is a blender plugin with support for "modern" texture compressions, like BC7 (it exists for more than 10 years btw). For example, something like Valkyria Chronicles plugin with automatic external convertion through texconv.
THBlender
ultra-n00b

Post by THBlender »

Kanbara wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:51 pm
Irastris wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:41 am
Thanks for this awsome tool!!!!
It works like a charm! :mrgreen:

I just thought that maybe the game use multiple UV layers for texturing? Since I find no right texture that fits gamora's eyelashes :constipated:
where did you find the hair and eye texture? i cant find them anywhere
Galmoth
ultra-n00b

Post by Galmoth »

Hello people!
Anyone know how can I export all Star-Lord Helmets? (skins and the original). I can't find the model of this object.

Thank You!
Galmoth
ultra-n00b

Post by Galmoth »

Galmoth wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:55 am Hello people!
Anyone know how can I export all Star-Lord Helmets? (skins and the original). I can't find the model of this object.

Thank You!
Ok! I Finaly found the files... xD
Just open this folders > "assembly/characters" and type "helmet.prim"
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:43 am alright here is the extractor, run the exe, copy the path to your runtime folder and paste it into the console, press enter then copy and paste the path to your output folder, press enter again and it will start extracting, it will extract the entire game, the game doesn't use compression so except the extracted size to be the same as the game size, and expect it to take a couple hours to extract everything, texture files have the extension .pc_tex and models are .pc_prim, a friend made a tool to convert textures to .dds and while i was busy he updated my blender mesh plugin, he is busy right now but he will upload both soon

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vtr2gxnh ... r.exe/file
Does this only work with PC_ResourceLib files? Sadly I only have the ps4 files, so mine are with PS4_ResourceLib extension. Renaming them does not work, so there must be something different.
micTronic
n00b

Post by micTronic »

kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:03 pm i plan on making a repacker and i also plan on making it open source, i was going to do that from the beginning but my code is a mess and i am probably gonna redo most of it anyway
Hey kboykboy, any news on your plan? I am currently looking further into the formats, and any help would come in handy. If you could share what you already have, that would be absolutely amazing! I don't mind if the code is messy, btw. ;-)

Actually I'm quite far already I think, I can get the resource headers from the .pc_headerlib files and the pointers to a pc_resourcelib, but I just don't know where to get the right offsets into the resourcelibs from...
In Deus Ex 4, there were these big .archive files that contained the resourcelibs together with a list of all resource offsets, but in GotG, they are all loose files without indexes... or so it seems.
player12341
n00b

Post by player12341 »

not any support for modding yet?
Afonnyboy
ultra-n00b

Post by Afonnyboy »

Any news on an update to support skeletons and or weights?
lazenes
n00b

Post by lazenes »

I have C++ Code blogs, how can I export game language files with them?
I don't know c++ I'm looking for a friend who can help me
rengareng
veteran

Post by rengareng »

:mrgreen:
kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:03 pm
Notex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:28 pm Nice work, seems to work perfectly! :D Is there any chance of this being open sourced? Someone might be able to help contribute and add repacking into it.
i plan on making a repacker and i also plan on making it open source, i was going to do that from the beginning but my code is a mess and i am probably gonna redo most of it anyway
Are you still working on repacker?
olvad
ultra-n00b

Post by olvad »

oh man it looks like this is dead! did anyone figure out how to get rigs and weights?