Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Asphalt 9: Legends Renaming Utility

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Asphalt 9: Legends Renaming Utility

Post by Bigchillghost »

Renaming utility for Asphalt 9: Legends hash sequence files. Python 2/3 is required.

Usage:
1. extract all assets in all packages (obbs/split apks or whatever) and place all hash sequence files into a single folder;
2. place "restoreFileHierarchy.py" and the name mapping file into the above folder;
3. start cmd.exe from the above folder and run the following command:

Code: Select all

python restoreFileHierarchy.py [map_file] [input_dir] [output_dir]
where map_file is the path of the name mapping file (see following posts), and input_dir is the the path of the hash sequence files, and output_dir is the path for the renamed files. If not specified, map_file would be "manifest.map", and input_dir & output_dir both set to the path where the script is executed.
So if your name mapping file is indeed named "manifest.map" then you can simply just run

python restoreFileHierarchy.py
and that's it.
4. use the BMS script to assign extensiones to the remaining files that're not renamed. Files would then be copied into a folder named "nameless".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Asphalt 9: Legends Renaming Utility

Post by Bigchillghost »

Converted manifest map file that combined all files from v2.9.0 of the China version and 8000+ files from v3.2.2 of the Worldwide version (most are duplicate):
manifest.7z

Complete manifest map for v3.5.2a:
viewtopic.php?p=186018#p186018

Complete manifest map for v3.6.3a:
viewtopic.php?p=186210#p186210

If a password is required, you can either try guessing it, or send me a message (if that's possible) or leave a comment here.
Either way, read the last line of my signature! (:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bigchillghost on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Vitalik
ultra-n00b

Post by Vitalik »

Bigchillghost wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:32 pm Renaming utility for Asphalt 9: Legends hash sequence files. Python 2/3 is required.
Very thank for your hard work with this game.
I try and all work good. Now I have GameOptions.json file. I know decode this file in normal format is big problem.I write some people from russian forum 4pda.to but they also cant decode in normal view.
On holidays I try change original GameOptions.json other file GameOptions.json with my settings from old version game.In normal view format.
Maybe this can works in game...
Need try.

Thank for all help.
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

I'm so thankful for your fantastic work. This script works just excellent. It's so easy now to find all the necessary files :)
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

TomWin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:36 pm I'm so thankful for your fantastic work
I hate to put this straightforward but do me a favor and hit the thank button will you?!! Actions always speak louder than fancy words.
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

Sure. Thank you again!
Bigchillghost wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:08 am
TomWin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:36 pm I'm so thankful for your fantastic work
I hate to put this straightforward but do me a favor and hit the thank button will you?!! Actions always speak louder than fancy words.
Slad
ultra-n00b

Post by Slad »

Bigchillghost wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:32 pm Renaming utility for Asphalt 9: Legends hash sequence files. Python 2/3 is required.

Usage:
1. extract all assets in all packages (obbs/split apks or whatever) and place all hash sequence files into a single folder;
2. place "restoreFileHierarchy.py" and the name mapping file into the above folder;
3. start cmd.exe from the above folder and run the following command:

python restoreFileHierarchy.py [map_file] [input_dir] [output_dir]
where map_file is the path of the name mapping file (see following posts), and input_dir is the the path of the hash sequence files, and output_dir is the path for the renamed files. If not specified, map_file would be "manifest.map", and input_dir & output_dir both set to the path where the script is executed.
So if your name mapping file is indeed named "manifest.map" then you can simply just run

python restoreFileHierarchy.py
and that's it.
4. use the BMS script to assign extensiones to the remaining files that're not renamed. Files would then be copied into a folder named "nameless".
Hey, i can't understand what to put on the "python restoreFileHierarchy.py [map_file] [input_dir] [output_dir]" to make it work. Can you give an example? I've done everything right, place the files in the right places and etc.
Slad
ultra-n00b

Post by Slad »

Also i want to add, i'm running the "python restoreFileHierarchy.py", because the map file is named manifest. When i run it in cmd it says, that 0 files have been renamed among the 18708 in list. What should i do?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Well first of all, it is suggested NOT to quote the full context of the entire main post coz it might be updated in the future and you're making the thread too overwhelmed and more difficult for mantainance. Also it's usually unclear which part of the context you're refering to, or if you've actually read and absorbed it.
Slad wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:37 pm i can't understand what to put on the "python restoreFileHierarchy.py [map_file] [input_dir] [output_dir]" to make it work. Can you give an example? I've done everything right, place the files in the right places and etc.
The "[]" is a habitual notation for optional arguments and "<>" is usually used as a placeholder of required arguments. The meaning of each argument has already been explained in the first post, but if you just want an example, here's one:

python restoreFileHierarchy.py myManifest.myExtension "C:\files to be renamed" D:\files_renamed
Mind the double quotation marks coz they're necessary for path with spaces.
Slad wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:53 pm Also i want to add, i'm running the "python restoreFileHierarchy.py", because the map file is named manifest. When i run it in cmd it says, that 0 files have been renamed among the 18708 in list. What should i do?
I saw in the other thread you've got some files renamed so the question is, what did you do exactly regarding extracting the unnamed files? You're NOT supposed to use the Zip64Unpacker script in this post for that task.
TomWin
veteran

Post by TomWin »

Pardon, where can I find manifest.map from v3.3.5 in game files or at least information about file names to add it to current manifest.map?

Thanks in advance.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

TomWin wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:20 pm where can I find manifest.map from v3.3.5 in game files or at least information about file names to add it to current manifest.map?
Read the 2nd paragraph in this post:
viewtopic.php?p=181403#p181403

Nowadays it can only be partially dumped through memory.
UB833
advanced

Post by UB833 »

hey guys, can anyone pls update the manifest.map file as there's latest version 3.5.2a of Asphalt 9 game?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Complete manifest.map for v3.5.2a here:
manifest.7z

What's left unrenamed are the original encrypted manifest files of each split package so you can just ignore them.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Complete manifest.map for v3.6.3a:
manifest.7z
UB833
advanced

Post by UB833 »

I'm not able to extract the latest manifest.map file since winrar asked me for a password.