Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Kanetsu
n00b

Re: Star Stable Online - CSA & TGA files

Post by Kanetsu »

How do I paste the crn file into the csa file though? I'm assuming that putting the crn file into csa file's directory wouldn't do anything, so how should I do it? I've tried using bms (reimport mode) with aluigi's script, but it didn't do anything.
Last edited by Kanetsu on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

Kanetsu wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:40 pm How do I paste the crn file into the csa file though? I'm assuming that putting the crn file into csa file's directory wouldn't do anything, so how should I do it? I've tried using bms (reimport mode) with ikskoks' script, but it didn't do anything.
With a hexeditor for example. Open the CSA with the hexeditor and paste the new data at the correct position. You will need to know the position first. If you find these tips confusing, you might be in over your head here :wink:
slipperyhalibut
ultra-n00b

Post by slipperyhalibut »

Hello everyone! i'm a total newbie to all this :D this thread has been super helpful to me but i still have a couple of problems... I have the PTE files converted with crunch unity. I can open all the PME in 3d file converter... But what do i do with the PMT files? The main problem i seem to have is the main character, you have to pick from lots of multiples at the start of the game and these all appear on the keypose mannequin as materials in a scene. 3d object converter doesn't seem to let you delete things from the scene but does highlight them all separately. I can export wavefront .obj for blender and it lists all the materials but it wont remove them separately I can remove them all and still left with a mess. Am I exporting in the wrong format? Its like when i exported it it's made it all a solid item even tho the materials are listed. BUT i need the .pmt files to build her up from scratch and they're the only thing i havent been able to touch. Hope this makes sense lol can anyone help? thanks in advance!
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

Kanetsu wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:40 pm How do I paste the crn file into the csa file though? I'm assuming that putting the crn file into csa file's directory wouldn't do anything, so how should I do it? I've tried using bms (reimport mode) with ikskoks' script, but it didn't do anything.
Just to clarify - my script is only for converting textures as explained here.

For importing to CSA archives you need other script from aluigi (I have also mentioned it in the same post here). But keep in mind that in some cases it may not work properly or it can be outdated etc. etc.

You can also try to do it manually with hex editor as it was explained by locknut above.
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

slipperyhalibut wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:03 pm BUT i need the .pmt files to build her up from scratch and they're the only thing i havent been able to touch. Hope this makes sense lol can anyone help? thanks in advance!
I'm not really sure what your question is. The PMT files defines the materials used on different parts of the models. Most importantly the texture, but also some other parameters. 3D Converter didn't read them properly when I tested it.
slipperyhalibut
ultra-n00b

I’m not sure either anymore 😂 I only wanted to make a blender model of the main character but so far I have a main character model with all the game items attached to it that I can’t get rid of and a load of flat png. ‘Textures’ I’ve probably messed up big time somewhere :( maybe I used a bad script somewhere along the line probably at the unpacking stage? And should I have convterted the dds files to png.? That seems pretty useless in blender? Sorry for being a dummy
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

slipperyhalibut wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:25 pm I’m not sure either anymore 😂 I only wanted to make a blender model of the main character but so far I have a main character model with all the game items attached to it that I can’t get rid of and a load of flat png. ‘Textures’ I’ve probably messed up big time somewhere :( maybe I used a bad script somewhere along the line probably at the unpacking stage? And should I have convterted the dds files to png.? That seems pretty useless in blender? Sorry for being a dummy
Try this:

Open the PME in 3D Converter and export as Wavefront OBJ. This will generate a .obj file and a .mtl file.

Open the .mtl file in a texteditor. It will look similar to this:

Code: Select all

newmtl MrAnwir_v2_Body
Ka 0.200000 0.200000 0.200000
Kd 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000
Ks 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
illum 2
Ns 8.000000
map_Kd MrAnwir_v2_Body.pte
"map_Kd" specifies the texture files, and it will incorrectly point to the ".pte" file. Change this to whatever your real converted texture is named. For example "MrAnwir_v2_Body.png" in this example if you converted them to PNG.

Now import the .obj file in Blender. Make sure that you in the import options select "Split by Group". This will make create nice sub objects so you can remove the parts you dont want.

splitbygroup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slipperyhalibut
ultra-n00b

Oh my days I could kiss you thank you so much I now have an exact replica of my in game character ❤️❤️
some1hippiebullshit
ultra-n00b

Post by some1hippiebullshit »

Hi! Even after using the bms script of this forum, I dont have the textures of the horses GH38, GH37, GH36, ... (all those below GH39). Does anyone have a solution?
Kanetsu
n00b

Post by Kanetsu »

some1hippiebullshit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:28 pm Hi! Even after using the bms script of this forum, I dont have the textures of the horses GH38, GH37, GH36, ... (all those below GH39). Does anyone have a solution?
Bump, I can't find them either.
locknut
advanced

Post by locknut »

some1hippiebullshit wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:28 pm Hi! Even after using the bms script of this forum, I dont have the textures of the horses GH38, GH37, GH36, ... (all those below GH39). Does anyone have a solution?
The base body texture for GH38 is called "HorseBody.pte" and is just a grey color. Then you have a number of different textures called:

GH38_Body_01
GH38_Body_02
GH38_Body_03

etc... with the different variants. The same mesh is used for different looks.
Kanetsu
n00b

Post by Kanetsu »

Yes, but it’s the lowest “number” you can find textures of. I think they were referring to textures GH37 and below.
kapibarcia
beginner

Post by kapibarcia »

Kanetsu wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:33 am Yes, but it’s the lowest “number” you can find textures of. I think they were referring to textures GH37 and below.
Older textures (GH37 and below) have names such as Horse35Body_02.pte, instead of GH35_Body_02.pte.
zla kapibara!!!!#8536
Kanetsu
n00b

Post by Kanetsu »

Oh, tysm!!
Kanetsu
n00b

Post by Kanetsu »

kapibarcia wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:18 am
Kanetsu wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:33 am Yes, but it’s the lowest “number” you can find textures of. I think they were referring to textures GH37 and below.
Older textures (GH37 and below) have names such as Horse35Body_02.pte, instead of GH35_Body_02.pte.
Do you by any chance know where to find older mane and tail textures too?
Last edited by Kanetsu on Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.