Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Jurassic World Evolution

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
PaleoKnight
ultra-n00b

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by PaleoKnight »

Just one more question: does this tool support mods?
Wildzooguy
ultra-n00b

Post by Wildzooguy »

This worked momentarily for me but when I tried to load it in blender there's a Pyffi Something Traceback error.
DMZT2
beginner

Post by DMZT2 »

PaleoKnight wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:36 am Just one more question: does this tool support mods?
Yeah it does.
Wildzooguy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:43 pm This worked momentarily for me but when I tried to load it in blender there's a Pyffi Something Traceback error.
Follow the installation instructions.
Wildzooguy
ultra-n00b

Post by Wildzooguy »

blender is saying
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Wild\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\cobra-blender\__init__.py", line 68, in execute
from . import import_mdl2
File "C:\Users\Wild\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\cobra-blender\import_mdl2.py", line 12, in <module>
from .pyffi_ext.formats.ms2 import Ms2Format
File "C:\Users\Wild\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\cobra-blender\pyffi_ext\formats\ms2\__init__.py", line 46, in <module>
import pyffi.object_models.xml
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyffi'

DMZT2
beginner

Post by DMZT2 »

Wildzooguy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:47 am blender is saying
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Wild\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\cobra-blender\__init__.py", line 68, in execute
from . import import_mdl2
File "C:\Users\Wild\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\cobra-blender\import_mdl2.py", line 12, in <module>
from .pyffi_ext.formats.ms2 import Ms2Format
File "C:\Users\Wild\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\cobra-blender\pyffi_ext\formats\ms2\__init__.py", line 46, in <module>
import pyffi.object_models.xml
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyffi'

You didn't install pyffi for blender, follow the installation instructions!
Furia504
ultra-n00b

Post by Furia504 »

Eh leído todo el post y la verdad es que no me funciona, tengo windows 7 32bits, instale el tool de cobra y no me deja abrirlo, necesito convertir unos dinosaurios a .obj pero no consigo lograrlo, y creo que esta es la única forma de hacerlo, ya que investigue y no consigo mas, por favor alguien que me ayude o me oriente. gracias
jamesmiller57
ultra-n00b

Post by jamesmiller57 »

DMZT2 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:11 am
brmbgb wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:07 pm I'm having issues getting this new tool to work, following the instructions, I double click on the OVL_tool.bat, but nothing happens, it wont open for me. I'm not fully convinced I've got everything I need to get his going, could someone point me in the right direction or even just tell me how to get this to work, basically I want to change textures of some of the dinosaurs, so if I can extract the current textures to edit, I think it'll be a good start.
thanks.
Open run it in a cmd (type: python ovl_tool_gui.py) to see what error occurs; you probably did not follow the instructions correctly.
Sharppy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:29 pm Seems that the new DLC dont work with anything. All the old files should work fine.
Here is the truck to the new DLC if anyone wants to take a look at it. I tried Model Researcher, cant seem to find the algorithm.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12sZNRO ... sp=sharing
I was able to decompress the file using Barbasol. It crashes or does something and just produces a .DAT file.
Here is that file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b0wjc7 ... sp=sharing
Our tool (link posted by Harlequinz Eg0) works for the latest DLC still. Your RAR is missing the TourTruck.ovs.textures_l1 file, so the tool can not open the OVL archive.

Currently working on getting the tiled detail scales correctly into blender:

can you tell me how you got the scale normal maps on the spinosaures pls there is no normal map for it when i drag it to daemeons jw program pls tell
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Anyone know whats up with the new Jurassic World Evo 2 ?

Does the tool need updated or am I missing something ?
MichaelBFS
beginner

Post by MichaelBFS »

Guys, Has anyone tried to unpack and open the models?
JulyNine
ultra-n00b

Post by JulyNine »

MichaelBFS wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:49 pm Guys, Has anyone tried to unpack and open the models?
Hi,have you unpack and open the models in blender successfullly?
MichaelBFS
beginner

Post by MichaelBFS »

JulyNine wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:34 am
MichaelBFS wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:49 pm Guys, Has anyone tried to unpack and open the models?
Hi,have you unpack and open the models in blender successfullly?

Hi,
no, I didn't, I don't know how. :((((
DMZT2
beginner

Post by DMZT2 »

Latest update for JWE2 has completely changed the structure of ms2 files. It appears to be an optimization to allow for effective instancing and alpha blending of many small mesh chunks (feathers). If anyone is up for the challenge, feel free to help.
Scratch that, got it!
jamesmiller20110
ultra-n00b

Post by jamesmiller20110 »

DMZT2 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:52 pm Latest update for JWE2 has completely changed the structure of ms2 files. It appears to be an optimization to allow for effective instancing and alpha blending of many small mesh chunks (feathers). If anyone is up for the challenge, feel free to help.
Scratch that, got it!
have you figured out how to add the tiled details into the dinosaur im still stuck on that and i really want to add them because of how much realistic it would look please let me know if you figured out how to add the tiled details of the scales and stuff
DMZT2
beginner

Post by DMZT2 »

We have worked out the uncompressed variant of the animation format (vec3f translation, quat4h rotation, float scale) and are able to export custom animations with correct transforms from blender. However, on most animations the animation keys are compressed with an unknown algorithm. Anyone interested in helping to figure that algorithm out?
DMZT2
beginner

Post by DMZT2 »

We have managed to read the structure of compressed animations and can read the frame at the start of each 32-frame segment. The relative keys that follow can't be interpreted yet.