Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Last of Us 2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
fahim167
n00b

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by fahim167 »

i have a nob question .. i've the pkg files how to use the tool on it ?
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

fahim167 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:48 pm i have a nob question .. i've the pkg files how to use the tool on it ?
You need to extract the PKG.
fahim167
n00b

Post by fahim167 »

kotn3l wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:33 am
fahim167 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:48 pm i have a nob question .. i've the pkg files how to use the tool on it ?
Done .. which file has skeleton & animations ?
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

fahim167 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:31 pm
the character + skel + anim are in the subfolders called "actor97" every "word-...." folder has this subfolder and you can find them there i think ellie is in common files or sp-common files cant remember. extract them in cmd for example "\>tlou2 ellie-skel.pak /r" then put the smd files in wordpad or editor together, if you extract the anim files, the skel have to be in same folder like the anim file you want to extract
fahim167
n00b

Post by fahim167 »

Jan666 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:00 pm

the character + skel + anim are in the subfolders called "actor97" every "word-...." folder has this subfolder and you can find them there i think ellie is in common files or sp-common files cant remember. extract them in cmd for example "\>tlou2 ellie-skel.pak /r" then put the smd files in wordpad or editor together, if you extract the anim files, the skel have to be in same folder like the anim file you want to extract
i'm sorry i didn't get it .. i extracted the skel into many .smd file .. why i have to put them together ?
and i can't find any anim in this file (common) .. do u mean "world-.." instead "word-.."
and what u mean by "the skel have to be in same folder like the anim file you want to extract" ?
sorry for inconvenience ..
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

Last edited by Jan666 on Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

fahim167 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:19 am

i'm sorry i didn't get it .. i extracted the skel into many .smd file .. why i have to put them together ?
and i can't find any anim in this file (common) .. do u mean "world-.." instead "word-.."
and what u mean by "the skel have to be in same folder like the anim file you want to extract" ?
make a new empty folder, copy ellie-skel in it and extract "\>tlou2 ellie-skel.pak /r", so you have the smd file called "ellie-skel_skel.ellie-skel" and a new subfolder with other files, ignore that subfolder first. Now you have the skel of ellie, if you open it i blender with smd plug in you can see it. Now you need the body parts for the skel. copy in your folder for example ellie-head and extract it. Now you open the "ellie-skel_skel.ellie-skel" in wordpad or in anay writing program. So you have to see:
version 1
nodes
0 "root" -1 .... etc

scroll it to the end. Now you open the ellie-head.smd file in wordpad too. copy the hole text and copy it to the end of the ellie skel file in wordpad. Than save it as "smd". If you now open it in blender you have to see Ellies skel with the head. This if you want the hole body you have to do it with all body parts copy it in one file together and save it as smd.

Now the animation:
copy for example any ellie animation for example "anim-ellie-mm-melee" and copy it in the first folder where you extract the skel drop it on the tool and a new subfolder will write with the animtion it it. So open your amd skel with your body parts file in blender, and import the animtion smd file there, and you will see your ellie do the animation you choose. sry for my bad english hope i could help you
fahim167
n00b

Post by fahim167 »

Jan666 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:23 pm
fahim167 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:19 am

make a new empty folder, copy ellie-skel in it and extract "\>tlou2 ellie-skel.pak /r", so you have the smd file called "ellie-skel_skel.ellie-skel" and a new subfolder with other files, ignore that subfolder first. Now you have the skel of ellie, if you open it i blender with smd plug in you can see it. Now you need the body parts for the skel. copy in your folder for example ellie-head and extract it. Now you open the "ellie-skel_skel.ellie-skel" in wordpad or in anay writing program. So you have to see:
version 1
nodes
0 "root" -1 .... etc

scroll it to the end. Now you open the ellie-head.smd file in wordpad too. copy the hole text and copy it to the end of the ellie skel file in wordpad. Than save it as "smd". If you now open it in blender you have to see Ellies skel with the head. This if you want the hole body you have to do it with all body parts copy it in one file together and save it as smd.

Now the animation:
copy for example any ellie animation for example "anim-ellie-mm-melee" and copy it in the first folder where you extract the skel drop it on the tool and a new subfolder will write with the animtion it it. So open your amd skel with your body parts file in blender, and import the animtion smd file there, and you will see your ellie do the animation you choose. sry for my bad english hope i could help you
❤❤❤ thank you very much .. very helpful
fahim167
n00b

Post by fahim167 »

is that normal , or have i done something wrong ?

also which file has normal movement animations like walking and jogging ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

fahim167 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:14 pm is that normal , or have i done something wrong ?

I dont now, which animation is it?
You can watch out animation in Noesis very fastly (just the skel but it is helpful to find out quick )
fahim167
n00b

Post by fahim167 »

Jan666 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:03 pm
fahim167 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:14 pm is that normal , or have i done something wrong ?

You can watch out animation in Noesis very fastly (just the skel but it is helpful to find out quick )
pretty much every animation i extracted has some sort of distortion ( helper bones problem ) .. is that normal finding or did i do something wrong ?
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

fahim167 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:21 am

pretty much every animation i extracted has some sort of distortion ( helper bones problem ) .. is that normal finding or did i do something wrong ?
How you extract? Do you just drop the files on the Tool ? You have to do it with cmd and dont forget the "/r" at the end
fahim167
n00b

Post by fahim167 »

Jan666 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:01 am
fahim167 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:21 am

How you extract? Do you just drop the files on the Tool ? You have to do it with cmd and dont forget the "/r" at the end
"/r" with skeleton .. but with animations i just drop them
fahim167
n00b

Post by fahim167 »

sorry for inconvenience .. i have a problem with the backpack
how can i fix that ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheBoq
ultra-n00b

Post by TheBoq »

How in Christ's name do I even get the game files to extract?