Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Escape from Tarkov meshes

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Vertex88
ultra-n00b

Escape from Tarkov meshes

Post by Vertex88 »

I tried to export the mesh "weapon_glock_glock_17_gen3_9x19_LOD0" using AssetsBundleExtractor_2.2stableb and got the error "Unable to read the mesh asset! (Unknowing asset format)". It doesn't matter if I choose "Export to .dae" or "Export to .obl".
This problem occurs not only with the Glock 17 mesh, but also when exporting meshes of any other weapon. All weapon modules and all textures are exported without problems.
I would appreciate any advice on how to get the weapon mesh.

Here are the bundle files that contain the Glock 17 mesh - https://mega.nz/folder/eZ4ghAhQ#Je0wKuxuuw9y0YDDTqC8rg
reh
veteran

Re: Escape from Tarkov meshes

Post by reh »

Use AssetStudio, it can extract meshes and animations.
print.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vertex88
ultra-n00b

Post by Vertex88 »

reh wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 pm Use AssetStudio, it can extract meshes and animations.
Hey, reh! I really hope you come back to this topic.
First of all I want to thank you for the advice on how to get the weapon meshes. It helped me a lot.
But now I have another question, how to extract animations? Could you please explain how to do this.
I can see files whose type is AnimationClip and the container is FBX. The Preview window says that this file "Can be exported with Animator or Objects". I choose the "Export selected assets" command (as I do with meshes), but the Preview window says, "Nothing exported. 1 assets skipped (not extractable or files already exist)".
Moreover, I am more interested in character animations. These are the animations I would like to extract from the file "character_animations.bundle" - https://mega.nz/file/zJ5QXDoK#jCrKwE8zy ... hKnmBFSyVI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reh
veteran

Post by reh »

You must select the corresponding files of type AnimationClip + Animatior in order to export the animations.