Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
lazenes
n00b

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post by lazenes »

kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:43 am alright here is the extractor, run the exe, copy the path to your runtime folder and paste it into the console, press enter then copy and paste the path to your output folder, press enter again and it will start extracting, it will extract the entire game, the game doesn't use compression so except the extracted size to be the same as the game size, and expect it to take a couple hours to extract everything, texture files have the extension .pc_tex and models are .pc_prim, a friend made a tool to convert textures to .dds and while i was busy he updated my blender mesh plugin, he is busy right now but he will upload both soon

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vtr2gxnh ... r.exe/file
How can I open files with this extension?
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

Notex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:28 pm Nice work, seems to work perfectly! :D Is there any chance of this being open sourced? Someone might be able to help contribute and add repacking into it.
i plan on making a repacker and i also plan on making it open source, i was going to do that from the beginning but my code is a mess and i am probably gonna redo most of it anyway
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

lazenes wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:45 pm How can I open files with this extension?
a hex editor, HxD is good
elasticheart
n00b

Post by elasticheart »

I noticed my extractor closed itself while I was gone. I do not know if that's supposed to happen. Since it has extracted 74gb. I assume I should be fine? My only issue if I can find the UI images for each guardian.
maryrangel
ultra-n00b

Post by maryrangel »

kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:03 pm
Notex wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:28 pm Nice work, seems to work perfectly! :D Is there any chance of this being open sourced? Someone might be able to help contribute and add repacking into it.
i plan on making a repacker and i also plan on making it open source, i was going to do that from the beginning but my code is a mess and i am probably gonna redo most of it anyway
Bless you! A repacker would be amazing!!! Thank you for the extract tool! :)
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

elasticheart wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:08 pm I noticed my extractor closed itself while I was gone. I do not know if that's supposed to happen. Since it has extracted 74gb. I assume I should be fine? My only issue if I can find the UI images for each guardian.
yes it closes itself when its done, not sure where the UI images are, the file structure of this game is very confusing
Irastris
n00b

Post by Irastris »

Mesh and texture tools based on our early research.

Meshes:

Mesh importing is handled by Blender. v2.93 is the only tested version, but it's likely compatible with anything newer than v2.90. Vertices/faces/UVs are supported with materials/weights/skeletons likely coming later. An LOD toggle is exposed by the importer allowing you to decide whether or not you only want to import the highest detail LOD. Should support most PRIM types other than geomcache, but regardless expect some meshes to fail to import correctly.

Textures:

Texture conversion is handled by a Python script. v3.9 is the only tested version, but again it's likely compatible with others. Requires Click installed through pip. Only textures with a depth of 1 are supported at this time. We have yet to discover a consistent way to detect texture format so for now it must be manually specified, with BC[1/3/7]_UNORM being available in this first release. Use Microsoft's Texconv or some similar application to convert the resulting DDS to TGA/PNG/etc if desired. An example of calling the script would be as follows, along with the result (resized to avoid ruining the thread):

Code: Select all

text.py extract gamora_head_bc.tif.pc_tex -f BC7_UNORM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elasticheart
n00b

Post by elasticheart »

Irastris wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:41 am Mesh and texture tools based on our early research.

Meshes:

Mesh importing is handled by Blender. v2.93 is the only tested version, but it's likely compatible with anything newer than v2.90. Vertices/faces/UVs are supported with materials/weights/skeletons likely coming later. An LOD toggle is exposed by the importer allowing you to decide whether or not you only want to import the highest detail LOD. Should support most PRIM types other than geomcache, but regardless expect some meshes to fail to import correctly.

Textures:

Texture conversion is handled by a Python script. v3.9 is the only tested version, but again it's likely compatible with others. Requires Click installed through pip. Only textures with a depth of 1 are supported at this time. We have yet to discover a consistent way to detect texture format so for now it must be manually specified, with BC[1/3/7]_UNORM being available in this first release. Use Microsoft's Texconv or some similar application to convert the resulting DDS to TGA/PNG/etc if desired. An example of calling the script would be as follows, along with the result (resized to avoid ruining the thread):

Code: Select all

text.py extract gamora_head_bc.tif.pc_tex -f BC7_UNORM
Thank you a lot for this amazing research and tools! Since it's been a while I used Blender. I assume I just install these like an add on right?
Also I couldn't figure out where the PRIM files are located. I have 3 main folders named, assembly, modules and project.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Thanks :) here is a Blender batch script for anyone who needs it. :wink:

Just change the input path.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sharppy on Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

Irastris wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:41 am
Thanks for this awsome tool!!!!
It works like a charm! :mrgreen:

I just thought that maybe the game use multiple UV layers for texturing? Since I find no right texture that fits gamora's eyelashes :constipated:
Last edited by Kanbara on Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Textures I batched as well. Placed all files into 1 folder and did this.

pip install click

Then ran this .bat file along with the text.py inside of the folder. Anyone is more than welcome to use. :keke:
Luriam
advanced

Post by Luriam »

Hey guys, very nice work!

I was wondering if I could please get some help extracting the audio. After unpacking the game files I found the sounds, and they're all inside these PC_WEM files. I tried some tools that I usually use on wem files but they didn't work :<

Here's a couple of samples, maybe someone can help me get the wavs out of them: https://mega.nz/file/kN0HRQTB#DLf6VS17f ... olPc73ij-c

Thank you! :)
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Luriam wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:29 pm Hey guys, very nice work!

I was wondering if I could please get some help extracting the audio. After unpacking the game files I found the sounds, and they're all inside these PC_WEM files. I tried some tools that I usually use on wem files but they didn't work :<

Here's a couple of samples, maybe someone can help me get the wavs out of them: https://mega.nz/file/kN0HRQTB#DLf6VS17f ... olPc73ij-c

Thank you! :)
Found this.

I cut the files here, not sure how to process them i seen a post somewhere though.
elasticheart
n00b

Post by elasticheart »

Sharppy wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:54 pm Textures I batched as well. Placed all files into 1 folder and did this.

pip install click

Then ran this .bat file along with the text.py inside of the folder. Anyone is more than welcome to use. :keke:
Thank you! But I think im doing something wrong not sure what though since I have zero knowledge here.

kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

elasticheart wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:03 pm
Sharppy wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:54 pm Textures I batched as well. Placed all files into 1 folder and did this.

pip install click

Thank you! But I think im doing something wrong not sure what though since I have zero knowledge here.

You dont have python installed.