Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
lazenes
n00b

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2021 Ripping?

Post by lazenes »

giofrida wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:03 pm Hey!
Just wanted to contribute to the thread by posting my "unscrambler" tool that you can use to decypher .ini.scrambled configuration files you can find inside the bin folder of the game. Maybe it's not very useful for extracting models, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.
This tool was made after reverse engineering the part of the code responsible of deciphering these files, and basically it uses a XOR key to (de)cypher the text and a 4 bytes checksum (also computed with a XOR key).

The C source code and the compiled exe of the tool are available here.
Usage is very simple:

Code: Select all

unscrambler <file>.ini.scrambled
to unscramble the file

Code: Select all

unscrambler <file>.ini
to scramble it again

You can do this with a version of this Tool for hitman absolution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luriam
advanced

Post by Luriam »

kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:57 pm i made an extractor and super basic model import script for blender, as of right now my extractor is broken but i will share it once i fix it, along with the blender script of course, and will post the code on GitHub for both
Hey that's awesome! By the way, does your extractor handle audio as well ? Was it successful at extracting the music for example ?

Excited to hear more about it
lazenes
n00b

Post by lazenes »

kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:57 pm i made an extractor and super basic model import script for blender, as of right now my extractor is broken but i will share it once i fix it, along with the blender script of course, and will post the code on GitHub for both
I want to develop a tool where I can access language files, but I couldn't solve it. Is there anyone who can help?
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

lazenes wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:07 pm I want to develop a tool where I can access language files, but I couldn't solve it. Is there anyone who can help?
what kinda of language files? there is a folder called "localization" and it has stuff for subtitles, that what you are after?
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

elasticheart wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:19 pm This is neat! Does it also extract the textures?
yes but you need a tool to convert them to usable formats
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

Luriam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:51 pm Hey that's awesome! By the way, does your extractor handle audio as well ? Was it successful at extracting the music for example ?

the audio appears to use a modified version of the WWise .wem format
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

been kinda busy lately so i haven't been able to work on it too much but i will upload the extractor in 1-2 days, i had it working so it could extract the entire game but it didn't have the file names or paths, i made it so it now reads the paths but right now its having an issue where its only extracting 40gb of the 70gb it should be extracting, so once i find out why its doing that i will upload, and i also plan on eventually making a full gui app for viewing files before extracting and am also gonna work on actually making mod tools
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

kboykboy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:28 am
Luriam wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:51 pm Hey that's awesome! By the way, does your extractor handle audio as well ? Was it successful at extracting the music for example ?

the audio appears to use a modified version of the WWise .wem format
turns out its a normal .wem with an extra header added to it, if you remove the first 24 bytes it can be opened in foobar
Luriam
advanced

Post by Luriam »

Oh awesome :o

Thank you for the update and I'm looking forward to the release of your tool :>
Carpethop
n00b

Post by Carpethop »

kboykboy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:36 am been kinda busy lately so i haven't been able to work on it too much but i will upload the extractor in 1-2 days, i had it working so it could extract the entire game but it didn't have the file names or paths, i made it so it now reads the paths but right now its having an issue where its only extracting 40gb of the 70gb it should be extracting, so once i find out why its doing that i will upload, and i also plan on eventually making a full gui app for viewing files before extracting and am also gonna work on actually making mod tools
Does it also extract weights and textures?
lazenes
n00b

Post by lazenes »

kboykboy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:24 am
lazenes wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:07 pm I want to develop a tool where I can access language files, but I couldn't solve it. Is there anyone who can help?
what kinda of language files? there is a folder called "localization" and it has stuff for subtitles, that what you are after?
yes i need these files :)
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

Carpethop wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:58 pm Does it also extract weights and textures?
a friend made a tool to convert textures to .dds, he will upload it soon.
as of right now the mesh tool does not do anything with skeletal data, gonna work on that soon
kboykboy
beginner

Post by kboykboy »

alright here is the extractor, run the exe, copy the path to your runtime folder and paste it into the console, press enter then copy and paste the path to your output folder, press enter again and it will start extracting, it will extract the entire game, the game doesn't use compression so except the extracted size to be the same as the game size, and expect it to take a couple hours to extract everything, texture files have the extension .pc_tex and models are .pc_prim, a friend made a tool to convert textures to .dds and while i was busy he updated my blender mesh plugin, he is busy right now but he will upload both soon

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vtr2gxnh ... r.exe/file
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Thanks a ton kboykboy :D
Notex
n00b

Post by Notex »

kboykboy wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:43 am alright here is the extractor, run the exe, copy the path to your runtime folder and paste it into the console, press enter then copy and paste the path to your output folder, press enter again and it will start extracting, it will extract the entire game, the game doesn't use compression so except the extracted size to be the same as the game size, and expect it to take a couple hours to extract everything, texture files have the extension .pc_tex and models are .pc_prim, a friend made a tool to convert textures to .dds and while i was busy he updated my blender mesh plugin, he is busy right now but he will upload both soon

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vtr2gxnh ... r.exe/file
Nice work, seems to work perfectly! :D Is there any chance of this being open sourced? Someone might be able to help contribute and add repacking into it.