Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ridge Racer 7 [Car & Track samples included]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Fengo
beginner

Re: Ridge Racer 7 [Car & Track samples included]

Post by Fengo »

So, I should update.

https://github.com/ZornTaov/R7O_MDL_Extractor

This exists. Drag your MDL onto the program, and it spits a bunch of OBJs out, import those and you have your car. Doesn't work with tracks, unfortunately.
SallyArts
n00b

Post by SallyArts »

Fengo wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:01 pm So, I should update.

https://github.com/ZornTaov/R7O_MDL_Extractor

This exists. Drag your MDL onto the program, and it spits a bunch of OBJs out, import those and you have your car. Doesn't work with tracks, unfortunately.
is there a way to make the dump? I have the R Racing Evo and the RR7 iso files, but the first one, the unpacker seems to not respond to me, do I need an extra part or a VS 201x version?
Fengo
beginner

Post by Fengo »

SallyArts wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:08 pm
is there a way to make the dump? I have the R Racing Evo and the RR7 iso files, but the first one, the unpacker seems to not respond to me, do I need an extra part or a VS 201x version?
No? I just extracted RGC.DAT from R:Racing to test if it was working or not. So either you aren't following the instructions, or are doing something wrong. The GitHub says which version of the game the extractor uses.
SallyArts
n00b

Post by SallyArts »

I have the version, but as soon it opens gets closed, I tried with the AV down, but still no result just a pop-up from saying is opening and then closes
Fengo
beginner

Post by Fengo »

Are you following the directions exactly, it's usually easier if the prereq files are in the same folder, makes the actual unpacking easier, like R Racing for example..

RRUnpacker.exe rre -i RGC.DAT -e SLES_523.09 -o ps2_output

That would make a new folder named ps2_output and export the DAT for R Racing there.
SallyArts
n00b

Post by SallyArts »

Yes I do, I read every step, and that's what occurs, sometimes is deleted by the antivirus, okay, I restore it and make the folder an exception, or then what happens is that the cmd window pops and cloese, or in some cases shows me the first line before closing, one time I had the chance to see the options but didn't give me a chance to react because as always it closes it
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Guess you should start the exe file in a command line window (that remains open then still you close it manually).
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
sussyboy
ultra-n00b

Post by sussyboy »

Guys, sorry if I write so "late", would somebody be so kind to explain in a rush what I have to do? I have downloaded both the RRUnpacker.exe and R7O mdl extractor but I just didn't get what I need to use...
SallyArts
n00b

Post by SallyArts »

sussyboy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:21 pm Guys, sorry if I write so "late", would somebody be so kind to explain in a rush what I have to do? I have downloaded both the RRUnpacker.exe and R7O mdl extractor but I just didn't get what I need to use...
First of all learn and understand how to decrypt the eboot to get the main.self or making the file an ELF, from there I guess some posts above are the clues to know how to move around the unpacker, and for everyone else thank you, now I have to learn how to extract the contents from the RRE contents now that has been unpacked.

Update managed to make it run, and now I'm unpacking every Track, Cutscene and Car, now about to check the MDL-R7O
sussyboy
ultra-n00b

Post by sussyboy »

Yesterday I learned how to use the RRunpacker, but I just have the main.self file and not the elf one, guess i have to focus on that now...
SallyArts
n00b

Post by SallyArts »

sussyboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:18 pm Yesterday I learned how to use the RRunpacker, but I just have the main.self file and not the elf one, guess i have to focus on that now...
Patch your eboot.bin and you're good to go, trust me I feel that initial frustration
sussyboy
ultra-n00b

Post by sussyboy »

Ok, so... this is what I got when I retried to launch the RRunpacker:

I wrote this string:
RRUnpacker.exe rr7 -i RR7.DAT -e eboot.bin -g NPUB30457 -o Nuovacartella

The output was this:
RRUnpacker for Ridge Racer PSP(V2)/6/7/PSVita & R:Racing Evolution - by Nenkai#9075

Unhandled exception. System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Could not read 4 bytes.
at Syroot.BinaryData.StreamExtensions.FillBuffer(Stream stream, Int32 length)
at RRUnpacker.TOC.RR7TableOfContents.ReadFileDescriptors(BinaryStream bs)
at RRUnpacker.TOC.RR7TableOfContents.Read()
at RRUnpacker.Program.RR7Action(RR7Verbs options)
at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T](ParserResult`1 result, Action`1 action)
at RRUnpacker.Program.Main(String[] args)
SallyArts
n00b

Post by SallyArts »

is eboot.elf

Now, is there a way to obtain the textures, is just all the files I have are just Textures, but no way to extract them
sussyboy
ultra-n00b

Post by sussyboy »

"RRUnpacker.exe rr7 -i RR7.DAT -e eboot.elf -g NPUB30457 -o Nuovacartella
RRUnpacker for Ridge Racer PSP(V2)/6/7/PSVita & R:Racing Evolution - by Nenkai#9075

Provided ELF file 'eboot.elf' does not exist."

This is what I get, obviously because that file is a .bin file and I can't find a way to convert the main.self in main.elf...
SallyArts
n00b

Post by SallyArts »

sussyboy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:38 pm "RRUnpacker.exe rr7 -i RR7.DAT -e eboot.elf -g NPUB30457 -o Nuovacartella

Provided ELF file 'eboot.elf' does not exist."

This is what I get, obviously because that file is a .bin file and I can't find a way to convert the main.self in main.elf...
look for esse resigner,there must be a decrypt eboot, and that'd do it