Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Fate Grand Order Arcade

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Melvinnnn
ultra-n00b

Re: Fate Grand Order Arcade

Post by Melvinnnn »

Could you tell me more about it if you want?
I can now extract obj.bin and tex.bin by changing farc in the FGO_arcade_farc.bms script, but extracting from tex.bin in RawTexture is wrong, right? I don't know what file to input to FGO_arcade_tex.bms and FGO_arcade_txp.bms because I can't see the .tex or .txp.
JalterLover
ultra-n00b

Post by JalterLover »

Melvinnnn wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:03 am Could you tell me more about it if you want?
I can now extract obj.bin and tex.bin by changing farc in the FGO_arcade_farc.bms script, but extracting from tex.bin in RawTexture is wrong, right? I don't know what file to input to FGO_arcade_tex.bms and FGO_arcade_txp.bms because I can't see the .tex or .txp.
we goooo
I finally know what the 3 scripts are for
so before around 12:00 am I put a message / post but it was wrong so I deleted it (in my defense I was in class so ..)
so here you have my guide
from noobs to noobs
only 6kb
only 6kb
seriously
JalterLover
ultra-n00b

Post by JalterLover »

well this is about the textures
It is easier for me to explain it in an image so....
https://imgur.com/a/Xmzj74v
only 6kb
only 6kb
seriously
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Using the tools is easy.
But fix the UV and rigging bugs with bones order is the hard part.
johnwithlenon
n00b

Post by johnwithlenon »

Melvinnnn wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:03 am Could you tell me more about it if you want?
Okay here is the workflow (you'll need quickbms and the quickbms script of FGOA. For noesis, install the plugins by copying the *.py into \plugins\python\):
- Ignore the "_table.bin", you don't need it.
- Use the quickbms script "FGO_arcade_farc.bms" on the *.farc to get two *.bin files: "_obj.bin" and "_tex.bin".
- For the extracted "_obj.bin", use the noesis script "fmt_FGOA_bin.py" (Update2: The noesis-project-diva can handle the *.bin files better) to view the model (and export to *.fbx).
Update1: The script can now read the textures in the "_tex.bin" file, simply put the bins in the same folder then export the "_obj.bin" into another 3D format and it will export the textures.

Now import the *.fbx into a 3D modeling program, then apply textures (actually you can skip this step by adding extension eg. ".png" at lines 237, 239, 241, 243, 248 of the the noesis script).
Last edited by johnwithlenon on Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 am, edited 11 times in total.
Melvinnnn
ultra-n00b

Post by Melvinnnn »

Thank you kindly for your help.
I'm familiar with 3dcg so fixing uv and rig is not a problem.
JalterLover
ultra-n00b

Post by JalterLover »

what the hell are the ramps I just get a bunch of colored pixels
Ahhhhhhh
only 6kb
only 6kb
seriously
Skyguy1337
ultra-n00b

Post by Skyguy1337 »

johnwithlenon wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:15 am
Ok here is the workflow (you'll need quickbms and the quickbms script of FGOA. For noesis, install the plugins by copying the *.py into \plugins\python\):
- Ignore the "_table.bin", you don't need it.
- Use the quickbms script "FGO_arcade_farc.bms" on the *.farc to get two *.bin files: "_obj.bin" and "_tex.bin".
- For the extracted "_obj.bin", use the noesis script "fmt_FGOA_bin.py" to view the model (and export to *.fbx).
- For the extracted "_tex.bin", use the quickbms script "FGO_arcade_tex.bms", you will get a bunch of unknown texture files (they are *.txp if you check the header).
- To convert these textures into *.dds, you can use the quickbms script "FGO_arcade_txp.bms", but the "__ramp" textures (which have tiny filesize) won't be converted, Spiritovod said that you can use Rawtex to convert them. Or you can use the noesis script "tex_FGOA_txp.py" (need to add the ".txp" extension to those files first).

Now import the *.fbx into a 3D modeling program, then apply textures and fix the UVs/rigging/bones.
Thank you for the guide. I've noticed that the extracted FBX (or Collada, etc) from Noesis doesnt appear to have the armature weighted to the character mesh, there's also no shape key data on the mesh itself, which is opposite to what someone else had posted earlier. Is this the case or did I miss a step someplace? I'm using Blender 2.93 just in case if that makes any difference.
ailephi
beginner

Post by ailephi »

there is no missing step,
the noesis script is incomplete, as of now, it can't import the models with the proper uv maps, weights, and shapekeys
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Already mentioned that the tool doesn't unpack right the models, but they ignore what I write days ago and keep going with they "It can fully unpacked without errors!".

For what I had seeing: Nobody is interested in "fix" the python either.
Better keep to rest this thread.
Skyguy1337
ultra-n00b

Post by Skyguy1337 »

Darkhowlings wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:43 am Already mentioned that the tool doesn't unpack right the models, but they ignore what I write days ago and keep going with they "It can fully unpacked without errors!".

For what I had seeing: Nobody is interested in "fix" the python either.
Better keep to rest this thread.
Sorry to hear, that's definitely frustrating. It's the interwebs tho, people are only human and people can miss stuff.

On the topic of fixing the Noesis py script, I know a little bit of Python, but not enough for calls for 3D models/formats to the level of being able to help. On the Python side, a very wild stab might be to adjust the BoneClass class to add a variable for the bone weights that can save the weight values per armature/bone as a double, since weights go from 0 to 1 per vertex, and using a double to account for the decimal values between 0 and 1.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

Not showing model it say file can,t show preview try the svt_0001_s01_obj.bin but nothing.
yukina
ultra-n00b

Post by yukina »

ROMDo you have
MonarchMonica
ultra-n00b

Post by MonarchMonica »

Spiritovod wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:26 pm FARc is slightly modified Virtua Fighter 5 format.

Update: Added script for extracting tex container into separate TXP files. For more info about this format and Project Diva format in general see this topic.

Update 2: Added script for converting txp into dds (based on chrrox's script for first mips). All "ramp" and other small textures with weird names are BC7 textures (32x32), which are not supported by current script due to different layout, but you can convert them with rawtex. Currently supported formats from used by the game: BC1 (DXT1), BC3 (DXT5), BC4 (ATI1) and BC5 (ATI2). For BC7 see above.

Update 3: farc script simplified to handle other farc containers from the game.

Update 4: farc script updated to support zstd compression.
These scripts works really well, thanks a lot
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

can someone update the obj_svt files.