Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 0 - GMD files

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
Maron19
n00b

Resident Evil 0 - GMD files

Post by Maron19 »

I would like to translate Resident Evil 0. The subtitles are in arc files, I unpacked them ARCTool, there are gmd files inside. Apparently, they can also be unpacked ARCTool, unfortunately there are text files with strange values inside (I attach such a file for inspection). I also found a great Kuriimu tool that correctly displays dialogue files, but it's impossible to create text files with this tool, which would be faster for me to work with. Is there any other way to extract the gmd files to a text file and then back to the gmd?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikskoks

Re: gmd files [RE0]

Post by ikskoks »

You have attached a TXT file, but you should really attach GMD and ARC files.

I also found a great Kuriimu tool that correctly displays dialogue files
Kuriimu 1 or Kuriimu 2? If you mean the second version, then it is in active development
and you should get some help if you'll report an issue on github https://github.com/FanTranslatorsIntern ... mu2/issues
Maron19
n00b

Re: gmd files [RE0]

Post by Maron19 »

I put a txt file to show that ARCTool doesn't extract files from gmd correctly. Kuriimu 2 doesn'tt support Resident evil at all, the game selection window is displayed, but none of the RE series.