Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Sword and Fairy 7 .uexp material files for pre-order DLC

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Watcher
n00b

Sword and Fairy 7 .uexp material files for pre-order DLC

Post by Watcher »

Hello guys!
recently I'm trying to port this game's pre-order weapon skin files for steam version.
after compare game files between two verisons many times,I finally find which files are needed.so I dumped these files,packed them up as a mod,then put it into the ~mods folder.the pre-order skin models are showed up,however all textures are missing :(
I was very confused,then I packed a normal weapon files as a mod(not a dlc,existed in both versions),then the normal weapon's textures went missing too.after some boring file replacements,I found why the textures go missing.because the .uexp files under the material folders are different.the .uasset files have the same sha1 values,but the .uexp files aren't,although their sizes are same.
well I know very little about unreal engine(actually nothing at all),but is there a way to edit these dlc .uexp files?so maybe people can use these skins on steam version.
Many Thanks :)
Watcher
n00b

Re: Sword and Fairy 7 .uexp material files for pre-order DLC

Post by Watcher »

here are some sample files,btw the steam version's aes key is 0xE53BEBDBCEC82995F37033B62CFD8243E02C10C03AB12EA682F654DC805F4009.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vg2xg3xv ... s.rar/file
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Sword and Fairy 7 .uexp material files for pre-order DLC

Post by shakotay2 »

Hah, well, I know, I'm a bit late to the party, but for the sake of completeness here's a picture:
MSK_XieHe-uexp.jpg
Watcher wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:56 pm ,but is there a way to edit these dlc .uexp files?
Therefore it's required to fully understand the file structure.
(Usually you'd use an unity assets explorer, afair.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"