Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post by TSelman61X »

Hello to everyone.
Thanks to a friend of mine, I was able to extract the files of the game "Diablo II Resurrected". with "CascView"
But unfortunately I can't move forward anymore.
I am getting such a problem.
Is there a solution to this?

here are some examples. --> https://www.mediafire.com/file/77j1ttyu ... on.7z/file
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

Hi TSelman61X. I think this is because of your granny2.dll version. I will send you a DM.
Lexxon
ultra-n00b

Post by Lexxon »

Quick question regarding Diablo 2 Resurrected... has anyone been able to access the textures for weapons and items?
zardalu
veteran

Post by zardalu »

Yes, I had no problems converting almost all textures from env, items, characters, objects. Weapons models and textures are in data\hd\items\weapon\(WeaponName).

They can be viewed/exported with jayn23's plugin.
Lexxon
ultra-n00b

Post by Lexxon »

zardalu wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:28 pm Yes, I had no problems converting almost all textures from env, items, characters, objects. Weapons models and textures are in data\hd\items\weapon\(WeaponName).

Hmm...I am very confused, then. Nearly all character and armor models extract with their textures for me, but weapons, items, and environmental objects do not. The .texture files are definitely being extracted, but for some reason Noesis isn't seeing them.
bulldoozer
ultra-n00b

Post by bulldoozer »

Hi, i'm trying to load my sorceress .model files in noesis. apparently i need the Granny2.dll file but i can't find it anywhere. Sorry in advance for any inconvenience I'm not really sure if i'm following the right steps to do this xD thanks in advance <3
naster
ultra-n00b

Post by naster »

zardalu wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:28 pm Yes, I had no problems converting almost all textures from env, items, characters, objects. Weapons models and textures are in data\hd\items\weapon\(WeaponName).

Would you be kind enough to make a little procedure for a new comers like me on how to extract D2R textures?

This is what I did :
- Download CASC Viewer : http://www.zezula.net/en/casc/main.html
- Extract the folder with CASC : E:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo2Beta\Diablo II Resurrected\Data
- Download NOESIS : https://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?co ... sv4458.zip
- Download jayn23's plugin : download/file.php?id=20312
- Move jayn23's script to : noesisv\plugins\python\fmt_GR2reader135.py
- Move granny2.dll to the root of : noesisv

Now what do I do with .model and .texture files.
I want to extract one front image per item.

Thanks!
Lexxon
ultra-n00b

Post by Lexxon »

naster wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:53 am
Would you be kind enough to make a little procedure for a new comers like me on how to extract D2R textures?

Now what do I do with .model and .texture files.
I want to extract one front image per item.

Thanks!
If you load the .model files in Noesis and then export the model to another format, the Noesis script will automatically export the .texture files in .png format. This is assuming, of course, that the assigned .texture files are in their proper sub-directory... which is the problem I was having earlier with weapons and items. The CASC Viewer was not extracting their textures into a separate sub-directory, so I had to make one and put them there manually.

If there is another way to view and convert D2R textures in Noesis, I am not aware of it; I am rather noobish myself.
jimhsu
ultra-n00b

Post by jimhsu »

Looks like ORM (AO/roughness/metalness) maps aren't being extracted with the plugin for D2R. Any way to get those?

Manual extraction by renaming the orm file to alb worked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DirtyApparition
ultra-n00b

Post by DirtyApparition »

Hello. Trying to get the D2R models to load up in Noesis. I have extracted the Data folder from D2R directory with Cascview. I have placed jayn23s plugin in the plugin folder and I have found some granny2.dll from the internet but I suspect it is not the correct one.

Code: Select all

Detected file type: GR2 Reader
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Model Ripping\neosis\plugins\python\fmt_GR2reader135.py", line 5199, in noepyLoadModel
    Models = GR2Reader(data)  
  File "D:\Model Ripping\neosis\plugins\python\fmt_GR2reader135.py", line 4204, in GR2Reader
    TempAllDecompressedData = GR2decompress(DecompressedData,ComperesedData,section.decompressed_size,section.data_size,section)
  File "D:\Model Ripping\neosis\plugins\python\fmt_GR2reader135.py", line 4024, in GR2decompress
    beginDecompressProc = lib['_GrannyBeginFileDecompression@24']
  File "D:\Model Ripping\neosis\Plugins\python\core321.zip\ctypes\__init__.py", line 358, in __getitem__
AttributeError: function '_GrannyBeginFileDecompression@24' not found
Is what shows up in the debug window and error window. Any help? I really want to try to extract these to STL for my 3d printer. Thank you.
lanzajamones
ultra-n00b

Post by lanzajamones »

zardalu wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:42 am Hi TSelman61X. I think this is because of your granny2.dll version. I will send you a DM.
I have the same error
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

DirtyApparition
ultra-n00b

Post by DirtyApparition »

lanzajamones
ultra-n00b

Post by lanzajamones »

RobertPaulson
ultra-n00b

Post by RobertPaulson »

hi! another d2r fan here! I am more of a nob and I'm not sure what to do with the .pu file I got. Do I need to install python and run some interpreter just to extract the dll from the script? I placed it in the install dir of the Noesis but nothing happened. the .model files are still not recognized. halp please. I would like to work on this under win10, however I have Fedora as well if that makes it easier by any chance...

edit: nvm I just placed it in the python folder :D now it works!

I guess I wasn't after .model files after all [roll]
Does anyone know where the files that dictate the inventory view of the items are located in d2r? I wanted to check the dc6 files but I can't find a working editor for these and afaik those are for legacy....

Edit: hi again I found the sprite files! yey. Sorry for spam.

Thanks for the tool, I think I will end up using it once I get familiar more with this environment!