Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

UE4 ACL Animation Tool [Valorant, Life is Strange, Apex etc]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Hammoda
ultra-n00b

Re: UE4 ACL Animation Tool [Valorant, Life is Strange, Apex etc.]

Post by Hammoda »

akderebur wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:53 pm A tool for previewing/exporting animations from some games that use the ACL plugin for UE4. Apparently, UE Viewer doesn't support the animations atm. This was a request from a friend. So, I thought I might as well share it here too. Not that I think anyone will use it :D

Some example animations

How to use

Set Skeleton
You don't need this step for Dislyte character models. Their skeleton is set by default. For any other game, you have to select the skeleton file (uasset) of the model you will be loading later.

Example: For loading a Mir 4 character skeleton, I will click Set Skeleton and select Pca_01_Skeleton.uasset.

Load Model/Animation

0) Everything you need for extracting the models is here: https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=7760.0
1) Export the character model as GLTF using UE Viewer
2) Using Noesis, convert GLTF to NUX with the included NUX script
3) Load NUX in DislyteAnimViewer
4) Load the animation you want (uasset or uexp)
5) Export the animation to NUX
6) You can load the exported file in Noesis and convert it to any format you want

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/53c2rzil ... r.rar/file

Supported Games
- Apex Legends Mobile
- Dislyte
- Life is Strange 2 (Don't know which episodes)
- Mir 4
- Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds
- Valorant (partial)

Any other game might or might not work. Depends on the UE4 version used.

Will you support Lost ark? Ueviewer already updated to extract skeleton and etc, but not Anim since its ACL and its upk..
polaqwym
ultra-n00b

Post by polaqwym »

Hey! :wink:

I followed all the steps exactly, and upon setting the skeleton and importing the .uasset animation, my model becomes inflated. Any reason for this?
(Kena from Kena: Bridge of Spirits) https://ibb.co/sPDywkv

In this forum post on Gildor's forum, it says the software should be supportive of Kena; https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/to ... l#msg40562
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

Mine is somehow inflated like the guy said above when loading the anims of Kena : Bridge of Spirits :(

Here's the sample of Kena, the original files extracted by umodel special build by spiritovod in this post.You may need to download this version's umodel to open the assets and the engine version of this game is 4.25:
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/to ... l#msg40562

Samples: https://mega.nz/file/FCIVRQbI#zWat327BC ... GZ0_ecii88 (137.6MB)
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Kanbara wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:12 pm Mine is somehow inflated like the guy said above when loading the anims of Kena : Bridge of Spirits
Yea, the issue seems to be related to scale keys in the animation which indirectly affects the translations. I have a dirty fix in progress, but I will test it a bit more before releasing it. Once the scaling is sorted, the animation is actually fine:

Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

akderebur wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:47 am
Kanbara wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:12 pm Mine is somehow inflated like the guy said above when loading the anims of Kena : Bridge of Spirits
Yea, the issue seems to be related to scale keys in the animation which indirectly affects the translations. I have a dirty fix in progress, but I will test it a bit more before releasing it. Once the scaling is sorted, the animation is actually fine:

Oh, thanks god! Looking forward to the upcoming release!! :mrgreen:
Hammoda
ultra-n00b

Post by Hammoda »

Here is a sample file from lost ark upk with sk and anim, if possible to support the file best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adam0000
n00b

Post by adam0000 »

akderebur wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:02 am
einherjar007 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:08 am Note that the skeleton is probably included in the mesh.uasset file and may not need to set it.
Animation also works in part. Perhaps the difference in compression level?
I have received some samples for the Black Widow model/animations. The skeleton is a separate file. I have noticed a small bug with the tool. For the skeleton the extensions needs to be lower-case. Like NOT "BLACKWIDOW_SKELETON.UASSET", but "BLACKWIDOW_SKELETON.uasset". If you have a skeleton set error, try renaming the extensions.

Other than that the animations seem to work with the current tool.

How can i extract the game animation files?
I can't extract the animation files using umodel tool
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Hammoda wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:28 am Here is a sample file from lost ark upk with sk and anim, if possible to support the file best regards
I will take a look when I have the time. I might think about adding support if it isn't too different from UE4 stuff.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Custom Version: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

This is probably not the best fix, but most of the Kena animations seem to be better. There are still some problematic ones, but I thought I should release this before losing interest forever :D

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/68z78ynd ... a.rar/file
crypt
ultra-n00b

Post by crypt »

Hello, I am testing the steps you mention, but since the skeleton is deformed when applying the animation to the model.nux does this monster, some solution to correct the skeleton.
Thank you
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

crypt wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:03 pm since the skeleton is deformed
The skeleton was fine for me. Maybe it has something to do with your umodel version. It isn't something that I can/will fix.
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

crypt wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:03 pm Hello, I am testing the steps you mention, but since the skeleton is deformed when applying the animation to the model.nux does this monster, some solution to correct the skeleton.
Thank you
Make sure that you didn't use the umodel named in something like "kena_morph" to export the model. Just use the other one to do it, otherwise the skeleton won't match up with the momdel then.
And I have successfully extracted the animations of kena and the tool works like a charm! :mrgreen:
crypt
ultra-n00b

Post by crypt »

well, it still doesn't work, the original umodel when opening the mesh crashes, the only solution is to use a modified umodel_kena_morphs_export or umodel_kena, I renamed it only to umodel but it doesn't work, the skeleton remains the same.

Spiritovod
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Spiritovod »

@crypt: It was already answered in the original topic at gildor's forum, you just ignored it and didn't bother to read the whole topic in the first place. TLDR: Do not use armature when exporting morphs with morphs build, re-use default armature (skeleton) by exporting a model with base version of specific umodel build - or just don't use morphs at all.
crypt
ultra-n00b

Post by crypt »

Hi, first of all, if I look at the topic a lot in both forums, but these options and way of extracting are new for me, I'm sorry I'm not as clever as some of them jjaajaj, if I don't understand something I ask. In the end I was able to apply the animation correctly, I just need to polish it.