Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spiderman PS4

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
whitelighter90
ultra-n00b

Re: Spiderman PS4

Post by whitelighter90 »

Hi, I was just hoping to get some input as I'm struggling with exporting the characters' hair textures. I downloaded a version of the model that someone else had done to compare, as shown in the images below (my export on the left, download on the right). It seems clear to me that the reason the hair is turning out so bad is because the texture I'm using doesn't have a transparent background (alpha map? I feel like that's the term I've seen used), but what I'm unsure of is how to fix it.

Is there an additional texture I need to export, or is there a method for cutting away the background? There's an additional texture with a black background where the hairs are all white (specular/ambient occlusion, I think?) which I tried messing around with to get it looking like the transparent hair texture on the right, but it didn't turn out very well so I feel like I must be missing something.

Image (https://imgur.com/a/gZYBvfO - in case image isn't loading)
Image (https://imgur.com/a/TjktH36 - in case image isn't loading)
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

whitelighter90 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:05 am Hi, I was just hoping to get some input as I'm struggling with exporting the characters' hair textures. I downloaded a version of the model that someone else had done to compare, as shown in the images below (my export on the left, download on the right). It seems clear to me that the reason the hair is turning out so bad is because the texture I'm using doesn't have a transparent background (alpha map? I feel like that's the term I've seen used), but what I'm unsure of is how to fix it.

Is there an additional texture I need to export, or is there a method for cutting away the background? There's an additional texture with a black background where the hairs are all white (specular/ambient occlusion, I think?) which I tried messing around with to get it looking like the transparent hair texture on the right, but it didn't turn out very well so I feel like I must be missing something.

Image (https://imgur.com/a/gZYBvfO - in case image isn't loading)
Image (https://imgur.com/a/TjktH36 - in case image isn't loading)
Hi use tutorial TSelman61 - https://www.deviantart.com/tselman61/ar ... -835619488
whitelighter90
ultra-n00b

Post by whitelighter90 »

@Crazy31139 Thank you so much! It's so straightforward when laid out like that but I could not figure it out.
jettkerker
ultra-n00b

Post by jettkerker »

Could someone do me a favor and get me a mega or google drive link with the following models, Ideally in FBX format.

Spiderman- Stealth Suit (Night Monkey)
Spiderman- Stark Suit (Red and Blue)
Spiderman- Iron Spider
Spiderman- Raimi Suit (Tobey Maguire)
Spiderman- Amazing Spider man suit (Andrew garfield)
gnilrad
n00b

Post by gnilrad »

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone would be able to upload the Offzip or QuickBMS, the website for their download is all messed up so I am not sure what way to get it now.

Thanks in advance!
JoeFlippy
ultra-n00b

Post by JoeFlippy »

Ezekiel wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 pm :frizzy: stupid mistake, didn't downloaded patches and dlc's..

Anyway thanks for the tool chief, really appreciate it, you gonna fire this forum when you make RDD2 tool,
till then I'm building you an statue over in my backyard
:clasdance

spoiler alert PS4 extracted assets :D

This is a bit off-topic, I'm dying to know, and I looked everywhere, is there's a chance you could try something with NFS 2015 files,
I was surprised there's no single tool for it, and that was pretty awesome game.. ( interested in textures mostly)
Yoo would you mind sending me those assets? Totally okay if not :DD
Andrei867
ultra-n00b

Post by Andrei867 »

jettkerker wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:35 pm Could someone do me a favor and get me a mega or google drive link with the following models, Ideally in FBX format.

Spiderman- Stealth Suit (Night Monkey)
Spiderman- Stark Suit (Red and Blue)
Spiderman- Iron Spider
Spiderman- Raimi Suit (Tobey Maguire)
Spiderman- Amazing Spider man suit (Andrew garfield)
The Amazing Spider-Man suit cannot be ripped as the newest version of the game hasn't been dumped
neonvega
advanced

Post by neonvega »

its been almost 4 years and still no game file dump or pc version of the game where it would be easier to inject and then extract the models from the game we still got a few but nobody ever wanted to port Dr. Octopus, Tinkler , Vulture ect
gnilrad
n00b

Post by gnilrad »

neonvega wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:40 am its been almost 4 years and still no game file dump or pc version of the game where it would be easier to inject and then extract the models from the game we still got a few but nobody ever wanted to port Dr. Octopus, Tinkler , Vulture ect
Well it is decently easy to fool around but a PC version would bring so much more ease to the process but I did in fact port Dr. Octopus and set up special rigs for the Tentacles to use with but I didn't play with the other villains at all.
neonvega
advanced

Post by neonvega »

well how did you get ahold of the assets? did you extract the models yourself seems you need a Ps4 and the knowledge to rip the models dont see how other ppl are doing it
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

neonvega wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:32 am well how did you get ahold of the assets?...
There are so many PS4 PKG dumps out there is not even funny, and I'm not even trying to be funny, google, torrents, websites dedicated for it, etc. All you have to do is just... search, i just did a search for the game name and what platform is from and lots of websites pop up ready for you to get what you look for, no one is goign to post linsk for you in here, that's a big no, no.
neonvega wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:32 am...did you extract the models yourself seems you need a Ps4 and the knowledge to rip the models don't see how other ppl are doing it
You do not require any special skills, you can do it too, you do NOT need a PS4 either (unless your a hacker then its another story), those who dump the PKGs are making them as FakePKGs so anyone can extract/convert them easily form an already hacked/exploited PS4.
neonvega
advanced

Post by neonvega »

right on I searched and found a few PKG's seems like a headache tho to put all together ; its always a gamble if the weights are good or not; one day this will be easier im sure
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

neonvega wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:08 am...seems like a headache tho to put all together...
Try reversing the whole thing, then you'll have a headache :|
neonvega wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:08 am...its always a gamble if the weights are good or not...
There's no gamble everything is already reversed to work as intended.
neonvega wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:08 am...one day this will be easier im sure
It already is, you just have to do it and not get intimidated by it.
neonvega
advanced

Post by neonvega »

took me 2 weeks to figure out ffxv i dont think I can stomach the problems ill run into here maybe someday i already have ported spiderman models the only ones i wanted was lab doc
jamesmiller57
ultra-n00b

Post by jamesmiller57 »

neonvega wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:40 am its been almost 4 years and still no game file dump or pc version of the game where it would be easier to inject and then extract the models from the game we still got a few but nobody ever wanted to port Dr. Octopus, Tinkler , Vulture ect
i did get some models using ninja ripper the wings and docs arms are base meshes so you dont even need a software to ripp it here i got the wings and i was planning to rellese docs arms but take a look https://sketchfab.com/jamesmiller