Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

UE4 ACL Animation Tool [Valorant, Life is Strange, Apex etc]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

UE4 ACL Animation Tool [Valorant, Life is Strange, Apex etc]

Post by akderebur »

A tool for previewing/exporting animations from some games that use the ACL plugin for UE4. Apparently, UE Viewer doesn't support the animations atm. This was a request from a friend. So, I thought I might as well share it here too. Not that I think anyone will use it :D

Some example animations

How to use

Set Skeleton
You don't need this step for Dislyte character models. Their skeleton is set by default. For any other game, you have to select the skeleton file (uasset) of the model you will be loading later.

Example: For loading a Mir 4 character skeleton, I will click Set Skeleton and select Pca_01_Skeleton.uasset.

Load Model/Animation

0) Everything you need for extracting the models is here: https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php?topic=7760.0
1) Export the character model as GLTF using UE Viewer
2) Using Noesis, convert GLTF to NUX with the included NUX script
3) Load NUX in DislyteAnimViewer
4) Load the animation you want (uasset or uexp)
5) Export the animation to NUX
6) You can load the exported file in Noesis and convert it to any format you want

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/53c2rzil ... r.rar/file

Supported Games
- Apex Legends Mobile
- Dislyte
- Life is Strange 2 (Don't know which episodes)
- Mir 4
- Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds
- Valorant (partial)

Any other game might or might not work. Depends on the UE4 version used.
Last edited by akderebur on Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Drawing
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dislyte Animation Tool

Post by Drawing »

Oh yes finally someone decided to take care of this !
Very nice animations, thank you a lot :D
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Dislyte Animation Tool

Post by akderebur »

NEW GAMES: Mir 4, Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds

The animation format is the same as Dislyte for these games. They can be loaded with the new tool update. However, the skeleton file for them must be loaded beforehand, using the Set Skeleton button. I have updated the tutorial in the first post explaining how to do that.

Ni no Kuni animation preview

Mir 4 animation preview

Edit: Made a small update for fixing some animations that aren't loading. Especially for Ni no Kuni.
zxhxy
ultra-n00b

Re: Dislyte Animation Tool [Mir 4, Ni no Kuni]

Post by zxhxy »

Last edited by zxhxy on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
FDArtZz
ultra-n00b

Post by FDArtZz »

Haay, first your work is amazing! <3

Second Valorant started also to use ACL for some of there animations and i wanted to ask if you can may help to get a Umodel version that support ACL OR get your tool to support valorant?

Would be super happy if I here back from you even when you say no.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

FDArtZz wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:32 pm Second Valorant started also to use ACL for some of there animations and i wanted to ask if you can may help to get a Umodel version that support ACL OR get your tool to support valorant?
I can get my tool to support it at some point if anyone PMs me samples with matching model/skeleton. I probably won't download the game just for this.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

UPDATE: Valorant, Apex Legends Mobile, Life is Strange 2

The above games are supported based on the samples I have, but they aren't thoroughly tested. For Valorant only the "_Cosmetic" animations work. I don't know the problem with the other animations. As always the download link is updated in the first post.

Valorant

Life is Strange 2

Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

akderebur wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:35 pm UPDATE: Valorant, Apex Legends Mobile, Life is Strange 2

The above games are supported based on the samples I have, but they aren't thoroughly tested. For Valorant only the "_Cosmetic" animations work. I don't know the problem with the other animations. As always the download link is updated in the first post.
Awesome job !
dimis9138
veteran

Re: UE4 ACL Animation Tool [Valorant, Life is Strange, Apex etc.]

Post by dimis9138 »

I live for the day that we'll be able to export shape keys successfully as well from UE games.
Looking for someone patient enough to teach me how to write noesis plugins :(
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

akderebur wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:35 pm UPDATE: Valorant, Apex Legends Mobile, Life is Strange 2

Wow this was fast, thank you so much akderebur! :D
Spiritovod
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Spiritovod »

dimis9138 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:13 pm I live for the day that we'll be able to export shape keys successfully as well from UE games.
Morphs export is supported in third-party umodel build since middle of 2020, when oscateexor created it. I've recently ported those changes to more actual version of umodel by request.
cesm20
ultra-n00b

Post by cesm20 »

Thank you so much for providing support for Life is Strange 2 acl compressed animations even before i sent you the samples for support, i was waiting a long since for someone to implement support for this, by the way Dontnod only started using the ACL plugin on episode 4 onwards, so for that game its only episode 4 and 5 try updating the info in there mentioning that since episodes 1-3 on Life is Strange 2 are supported by umodel.

UPDATE : i just found that Beyond a Steel Sky (older version that uses unreal engine 4.24, i am unsure if the newer version using 4.26 is compatible or not) now works perfectly after this last update! Hope that later gets added to the compatibilty list.
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

The recently released Marvel Future Revolution also uses ACLs.
It was pre-released in Canada, but I got it via VPN.

If someone else hasn't provided the sample, I will.
(wrong) Note that the skeleton is probably included in the mesh.uasset file and may not need to set it. (wrong)
Animation also works in part. Perhaps the difference in compression level?

*EDIT
thanks akderebur, I'll check it!
Last edited by einherjar007 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

einherjar007 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:08 am Note that the skeleton is probably included in the mesh.uasset file and may not need to set it.
I have received some samples for the Black Widow model/animations. The skeleton is a separate file. I have noticed a small bug with the tool. For the skeleton the extensions needs to be lower-case. Like NOT "BLACKWIDOW_SKELETON.UASSET", but "BLACKWIDOW_SKELETON.uasset". If you have a skeleton set error, try renaming the extensions.

Other than that the animations seem to work with the current tool.

Lord Kiri
beginner

Post by Lord Kiri »

akderebur wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:02 am
einherjar007 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:08 am Note that the skeleton is probably included in the mesh.uasset file and may not need to set it.
I have received some samples for the Black Widow model/animations. The skeleton is a separate file. I have noticed a small bug with the tool. For the skeleton the extensions needs to be lower-case. Like NOT "BLACKWIDOW_SKELETON.UASSET", but "BLACKWIDOW_SKELETON.uasset". If you have a skeleton set error, try renaming the extensions.

Other than that the animations seem to work with the current tool.

I havent been getting the animations to work for this game. Not sure if im doing something wrong