Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
tritterman
veteran

Re: Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post by tritterman »

neptune_model.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tritterman
veteran

Post by tritterman »

boypat_model.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tritterman
veteran

Post by tritterman »

oldlady_model.zip
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

tritterman wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:31 pm oldlady_model.zip
have you ever been to any forum? man, please keep your thoughts within a single message, edit previous if needed. don't let admin get on you and shoot us down! :wink:
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
tritterman
veteran

Post by tritterman »

allright i'm sorry.
tritterman
veteran

Post by tritterman »

i just wanted to learn about Skip Mesh Option.
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

In the GR2 python script is the Option SKIP_MESH=
Set it to SKIP_MESH=2

Then make a text file named mesh.txt

Add the line
Bo to that text file.
Put the mesh.txt in the root folder with the granny2.dll
That will stop the loading of boxes and bones meshes.

Look at the files with Granny viewer to find which meshes to add to future lists.
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

Now as to the textures. Those are in the GR2 files stored in a bink 4 compression format.
This plug in will not extract the textures.

Should you be using the 3D mesh in a different program after exporting from Noesis?
Open the file with Granny viewer and do a screen capture of the textures and adjust in your 3D model program of choice.

One can grab the bink files with a hex editor and then use other RAD tools to convert but I'm positive that is WAY above your skill level.
Walter Hawkwood
ultra-n00b

Post by Walter Hawkwood »

Hi! The plugin works great with most AoE3 Definitive Edition gr2 files, but on certain files produces an error "Tried to set offset beyond buffer size" (see below)

A couple of such problematic files attached to the post. Tried with both 32- and 64-bit version.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

05SpeedMaster wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 pm Now as to the textures. Those are in the GR2 files stored in a bink 4 compression format.
This plug in will not extract the textures.

Should you be using the 3D mesh in a different program after exporting from Noesis?
Open the file with Granny viewer and do a screen capture of the textures and adjust in your 3D model program of choice.

One can grab the bink files with a hex editor and then use other RAD tools to convert but I'm positive that is WAY above your skill level.
This actually incorrect :wink:
my last update added support for bink 4 format textures, just try youll see, took a lot RE would gidrah i might add... but it works :D
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Walter Hawkwood wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:56 pm Hi! The plugin works great with most AoE3 Definitive Edition gr2 files, but on certain files produces an error "Tried to set offset beyond buffer size" (see below)

A couple of such problematic files attached to the post. Tried with both 32- and 64-bit version.
thanks for reporting this, and uplaoding samples - ill add to my to do list for next update
Walter Hawkwood
ultra-n00b

Post by Walter Hawkwood »

Realized only one file got attached to the previous post. Here is another just in case.
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

jayn23 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:16 pm This actually incorrect :wink:
my last update added support for bink 4 format textures, just try youll see, took a lot RE would gidrah i might add... but it works :D
Sorry about that! I haven't grabbed the updates since you sent me the special version I'm using.
:wink:
mertko
ultra-n00b

Post by mertko »

Greetings, I was using GAME_TAG_SH5 to load up Granny files from non Silent Hunter games as well. Most of the time it works fine but for some Granny files it fails to load the entire file if texture files are present inside the same folder as the Granny file. Without the texture files present the Granny file itself loads well. When it fails to load the textures it gives the following error:

WARNING: Could not load external texture
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Granny\Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_GR2reader135.py", line 5220, in noepyLoadModel
texList, matList = LoadMeshData(model)
File "D:\Granny\Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_GR2reader135.py", line 4876, in LoadMeshData
texListTemp,material = GetTexturesSH5(MeshMat.Maps,Mesh_Name,MatCount,texList)
File "D:\Granny\Noesis\plugins\python\fmt_GR2reader135.py", line 546, in GetTexturesSH5
tex.name = baseName[:-4]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

I would be glad if this can be fixed and can you please tell me in what other ways I can load the textures of the granny files I open?

Edit:
I share link of the file I've uploaded below (It was 1.7MB in size but XeNTaX said it was too big to attach):

"elf_shop" is the main file containig the mesh, "wait" and "wait2" are animation files and ".dds" files are textures of different parts of the model.

https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/47c0698 ... 28242e2fd9
Farrarie
beginner

Post by Farrarie »

Thanks for the amazing tool