Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Namco playstation sound format .Npsf sound/audio format (Namco psp and ps2 games)

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Ya begitulah
beginner

Namco playstation sound format .Npsf sound/audio format (Namco psp and ps2 games)

Post by Ya begitulah »

Hi, i have an audio file from from namco's motogp psp & motogp 04 ps2 that i'm interested in, it had the same name and format, at first i thought it was .bin but it's actually npsf, i heard that this format is also used in some other namco games on psp and ps2, i wonder if somebody could convert it to other format or maybe even convert other format to this one, here is a sample from motogp psp https://www.mediafire.com/file/svznbt7i ... k.bin/file
ikskoks

Re: Namco playstation sound format .Npsf sound/audio format (Namco psp and ps2 games)

Post by ikskoks »

If you'll change file extension to *.npsf, you will be able to play it in Foobar with vgmstream plugin without any issues.
Ya begitulah
beginner

Re: Namco playstation sound format .Npsf sound/audio format (Namco psp and ps2 games)

Post by Ya begitulah »

ikskoks wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:48 pm If you'll change file extension to *.npsf, you will be able to play it in Foobar with vgmstream plugin without any issues.
Thanks, i'll try it, is there any way to convert other format to this one?
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

is there any way to convert other format to this one?
You can convert NPSF to WAV using Foobar, but as far as I know it is not possible to convert any other format to NPSF.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

Just an addition - if you change the extension, that will only play the first file in the archive.

To play them all, you will need to extract the individual NPSF sections, using something like VGMToolbox (Advanced Cutter option). There should be 12 songs in that archive.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

DKDave wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:27 pm Just an addition - if you change the extension, that will only play the first file in the archive.

To play them all, you will need to extract the individual NPSF sections, using something like VGMToolbox (Advanced Cutter option). There should be 12 songs in that archive.
Thanks, at least i can extract all the songs
F1.rar
by the way can you help me with this one? when i opened it in hex editor it says VAGp and then the name of the files inside it, it's engine sound file from f1 2009 PSP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

i opened it in hex editor it says VAGp and then the name of the files inside it
This file contain standard VAG Audio http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/VAG_Audio
You can rip audio samples with PSound.
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

ikskoks wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:29 am
i opened it in hex editor it says VAGp and then the name of the files inside it
This file contain standard VAG Audio http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/VAG_Audio
You can rip audio samples with PSound.
yea, but when I try to repack with different audio file it doesn't work on the game, also there's multiple sound files inside the .vag, but when I try to make my own .vag with mfaudio why can I only put one file inside the .vag?
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

This ABC file is not one big VAG file with multiple audio samples, but it is a collection of VAG files with one audio sample.

So to replace data you would need create proper VAG files first (version 6 in this case) and then replace them in ABC file manually with hex editor or with some quickbms script.
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

ikskoks wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:26 am This ABC file is not one big VAG file with multiple audio samples, but it is a collection of VAG files with one audio sample.

So to replace data you would need create proper VAG files first (version 6 in this case) and then replace them in ABC file manually with hex editor or with some quickbms script.
Thank you, it works, I've replaced some of the sound files with hex editor