Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Fatcat mesh .mesh (SBK 15 & 16 Android)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Ya begitulah
beginner

Fatcat mesh .mesh (SBK 15 & 16 Android)

Post by Ya begitulah »

Hi, i'm trying to open SBK 16 android's .mesh files, when i opened the file in hex editor it shows "fatcat mesh 1.0", im looking if someone could convert this to other format, or maybe even convert other format to this format
ducati_lod0.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Fatcat mesh .mesh (SBK 15 & 16 Android)

Post by Bigchillghost »

Well, ASCII plaintext format... Would be a pain to deal with.

Pure text editing though(largest mesh):
chassis.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Bigchillghost wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:15 pm Well, ASCII plaintext format... Would be a pain to deal with.

Pure text editing though(largest mesh):
chassis.jpg
Thanks for doing this, and also I know it's complicated but would you mind making a tool that can convert other 3d format to this format (only one other format to this one)? Or if you won't I also have one more 3d model from other game that I'm excited to know about
Karpati
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Karpati »

Ya begitulah wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:17 pm Hi, i'm trying to open SBK 16 android's .mesh files, when i opened the file in hex editor it shows "fatcat mesh 1.0", im looking if someone could convert this to other format, or maybe even convert other format to this formatducati_lod0.rar
I have download the
sbk15-official-mobile-game-1-5-2.apk
it.dtales.sbk16-1.4.2.apk

files, but I don't know which (archive) file contain the .mesh files.
Last edited by Karpati on Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Ya begitulah wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:43 pm ...and also I know it's complicated but would you mind making a tool that can convert other 3d format to this format (only one other format to this one)?
What for? I wouldn't say it's complicated since the layout is pretty straight forward except that you'll need to calculate the BBox for each submesh and the entire mesh, plus a little more research on the layout of the material file. But normally I'm not interested in converting anything back to the original format. Maybe someone else would like an attempt on that. (:
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Karpati wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:51 pm
Ya begitulah wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:17 pm Hi, i'm trying to open SBK 16 android's .mesh files, when i opened the file in hex editor it shows "fatcat mesh 1.0", im looking if someone could convert this to other format, or maybe even convert other format to this formatducati_lod0.rar
I have download the
sbk15-official-mobile-game-1-5-2.apk
it.dtales.sbk16-1.4.2.apk

files, but I don't know which (archive) file contain the .mesh files.
it's in the obb
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Bigchillghost wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:24 pm
Ya begitulah wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:43 pm ...and also I know it's complicated but would you mind making a tool that can convert other 3d format to this format (only one other format to this one)?
What for? I wouldn't say it's complicated since the layout is pretty straight forward except that you'll need to calculate the BBox for each submesh and the entire mesh, plus a little more research on the layout of the material file. But normally I'm not interested in converting anything back to the original format. Maybe someone else would like an attempt on that. (:
I'm making MotoGP 21 mod for this game, and looking if I can make it more realistic by changing the bike 3d model with the ones from the official game which can already converted to .obj and .dff, I'll also attach a material sample by the way
display_background.rar
Karpati
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Karpati »

Ya begitulah wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:47 am it's in the obb
Thank you for you information, but the .apk files I have downloaded have not .obb files.

Could you send me a download link to your .apk file(s)?
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Karpati wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:51 am
Thank you for you information, but the .apk files I have downloaded have not .obb files.

Did you download the game from Google play? If yes you've also downloaded the OBB, it's located in internal storage/Android/obb/it.dtales.sbk16, there you'll find a .OBB file, to open it you must rename it to .zip first
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Karpati wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:51 am

The .apk and .OBB are separate, here's a link to download the OBB file: https://s3.rexdl.com/android/game/SBK16 ... dl.com.zip
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Ya begitulah wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:03 am I'm making MotoGP 21 mod for this game, and looking if I can make it more realistic by changing the bike 3d model with the ones from the official game which can already converted to .obj and .dff, I'll also attach a material sample by the way
Well, guess you'll have to edit the material file manually as there're shader related stuffs. Here's a simple Noesis exporter for this format:
fmt_FatCatMeshExporter_mesh.zip
You'll also need to edit the material file path for each submesh after export.
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Bigchillghost wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:05 pm
Ya begitulah wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:03 am I'm making MotoGP 21 mod for this game, and looking if I can make it more realistic by changing the bike 3d model with the ones from the official game which can already converted to .obj and .dff, I'll also attach a material sample by the way
Well, guess you'll have to edit the material file manually as there're shader related stuffs. Here's a simple Noesis exporter for this format:

wow, didn't expect this, thank you so much :keke:
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Bigchillghost wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:05 pm

when I'm trying to export it says "the file type could not be determined" any fix for that?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

You need to learn to edit your post to avoid double posting and embed quotes.
Ya begitulah wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:21 pmwhen I'm trying to export it says "the file type could not be determined" any fix for that?
You mean "import" I suppose?
Ya begitulah
beginner

Post by Ya begitulah »

Bigchillghost wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:36 pm You need to learn to edit your post to avoid double posting and embed quotes.
Ya begitulah wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:21 pmwhen I'm trying to export it says "the file type could not be determined" any fix for that?
You mean "import" I suppose?
sorry, when I try to import other error pops up, something about the file cannot be previewed, and when I click on export the could not be determined one pops up