Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

(Xbox) Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge plane models (.x)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Xr79
veteran

Re: (Xbox) Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge plane models (.x)

Post by Xr79 »

Oh thank you so so much that's very kind of you! I searched everywhere with no luck.
Xr79
veteran

Post by Xr79 »

I got it to work finally, I noticed the UV maps are pretty screwed on most of them, I can manually fix them but I thought I read about a fix for the UV map? maybe I'm wrong. I can do it by hand but it's a little tough.
it looks like the UV map is to small and some of the sub mesh UV maps are misplaced?
IronArthur
beginner

Post by IronArthur »

Xr79 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am I got it to work finally, I noticed the UV maps are pretty screwed on most of them, I can manually fix them but I thought I read about a fix for the UV map? maybe I'm wrong. I can do it by hand but it's a little tough.
it looks like the UV map is to small and some of the sub mesh UV maps are misplaced?
In this post the user shakotay2 made some changes on the plugin to scale the uv1 map viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17118&sid=f8882f6d ... 10#p144464

I haven´t tested myself, this plugin was my first adventure with python so i´m out my environment.

Actually this post was about me asking for help to try to solve my UVs issues ;)
Mrblue630
beginner

Post by Mrblue630 »

IronArthur wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:31 am
Xr79 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am I got it to work finally, I noticed the UV maps are pretty screwed on most of them, I can manually fix them but I thought I read about a fix for the UV map? maybe I'm wrong. I can do it by hand but it's a little tough.
In this post the user shakotay2 made some changes on the plugin to scale the uv1 map viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17118&sid=f8882f6d ... 10#p144464

I haven´t tested myself, this plugin was my first adventure with python so i´m out my environment.

Actually this post was about me asking for help to try to solve my UVs issues ;)
Few months on and I'm still actually having problems myself. Do you happen to have Discord so I can talk to you on there? Don't tend to check around here.
DesertPlah
ultra-n00b

Post by DesertPlah »

Hi!

I'm resurrecting this topic because I'm a big fan of CS, and also own a 3d printer. Can you guess what I'm going to all next?

Can anyone share some of the work they've done so far re: models?
IronArthur
beginner

Post by IronArthur »

I don´t know if someone has extracted all the models and store them.

I haven´t done it.

You could try to export them with the noesis plugin. Shouldn´t be difficult as you don´t need UVs at all.
Kerberos
ultra-n00b

Post by Kerberos »

Does anyone have the models from Crimson Skies here?
And or the scrips that were used to extract them?

Hit me up if you do.
IronArthur
beginner

Post by IronArthur »

The scripts are in this thread.

Sorry i don´t extract and store the models
Unknownskymaster
ultra-n00b

Post by Unknownskymaster »

is there any chance i can get a folder of all aircraft texture wraps as png or just plain images
Trekeyus
ultra-n00b

Post by Trekeyus »

Thanks for the obj version of the Devastator I had been looking all over the internet for one for 3d printing. Looks like it will need a bit of clean up work but Atleast it's a starting point.
IronArthur
beginner

Post by IronArthur »

If you print it, post a picture!
Trekeyus
ultra-n00b

Post by Trekeyus »

Will do. Gona need a lot more clean up then I thought. But should still be doable. Been trying to figure out how to design the Contra rotating prop in a way that it would actually work and spin by a tiny electronic motor. thinking about designing it in such a way that the devastator is one of those ceiling planes on a string that spins around in a circle and has the propeller pushing it.
muahbarbossa
ultra-n00b

Post by muahbarbossa »

Hi all is there anyway to get a DAE. File fr Second Life?
Mrblue630
beginner

Post by Mrblue630 »

Massive update!
I now got access to the .pdb files of CS, dated 2 months prior to release. This should make it far more easy to reverse engineer the model formats, so I hope that some work here will be done.

Whoever manages to get the plugins improved through this; I'll love you forever.
MEGA link due to filesize limit
IronArthur
beginner

Post by IronArthur »

I not going to ask how you got access to those files... (any mechassault ones?¿)

Unfortunately i don´t have any knowledge using a pdb file to debug a Xbox Classic game so...