Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Equirah
ultra-n00b

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post by Equirah »

Would it be possible to get a step by step tutorial and/or a list of programs and plugins required?

I'm trying to extract models from Nioh 2 and Dissidia NT, so far only managed to extract Nioh 2 with quickbms but when I run the .dat files through daemon1's tool most texture files are broken, and I can't open the models with Noesis.
As for Dissida NT I've gotten nowhere with that game; tried to link the files but that didn't work, tried to mem dump it but only got a 4Gb file out of it and I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Figured out you have to run the .mdl "twice" by running the .g1m files it extracts, out of the 3 files only one seemed usable but it looks like this:
Nioh Model.jpg
It might be rubble but i don't remember ever seeing this model in the game and when i panned the camera or zoomed in/out ddifferent areas of the model became visible/invisible. Any suggestions?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liquer
ultra-n00b

Post by liquer »

demonslayerx8 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:57 am Samurai Warriors 5 (Japanese Switch Demo) is compatible with the noesis tool
Could you tell me how to find the g1t textures corresponding to the g1m files?
I find all the g1m models but have no idea about g1t files.
Thanks.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

liquer wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:11 am
demonslayerx8 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:57 am Samurai Warriors 5 (Japanese Switch Demo) is compatible with the noesis tool
Could you tell me how to find the g1t textures corresponding to the g1m files?
I find all the g1m models but have no idea about g1t files.
Thanks.
it's a goose hunt.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Version 1.5 is now available

-Joints are now colored (green for "classic" joints, blue for physics nodes)
-G2A version 4 support
-New G1T format support

zxhxy
ultra-n00b

Post by zxhxy »

Joschka wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:17 pm Version 1.5 is now available

-Joints are now colored (green for "classic" joints, blue for physics nodes)
-G2A version 4 support
-New G1T format support

How do I find the g1M action file for my character
RoockyGTA
ultra-n00b

Post by RoockyGTA »

Hello friend, I am new here, and I would like you to help me, you will see I have an error or problem when importing G1A files from doa 6 V1.22 and then converting them to FBX format and working with them with G1M models and G1T textures I have no problems but with the animations yes and I do not know what to do or I do not know what I am doing wrong and the truth is I read your previous or old comments where you explained all that to a user but I did not understand much to say since I am that guy of people who learn better and more easily through videos or even images rather than in writing but hey I don't know if I express myself well I mean if I explain my problem correctly by the way I am using the most current version of your plugin or script for noesis Please I hope you can help me I want you to guide me and well I leave that image as a reference I do not know if it works I will be waiting for your answer thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

RoockyGTA wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:00 am Hello friend, I am new here, and I would like you to help me, you will see I have an error or problem when importing G1A files from doa 6 V1.22 and then converting them to FBX format and working with them with G1M models and G1T textures I have no problems but with the animations yes and I do not know what to do or I do not know what I am doing wrong and the truth is I read your previous or old comments where you explained all that to a user but I did not understand much to say since I am that guy of people who learn better and more easily through videos or even images rather than in writing but hey I don't know if I express myself well I mean if I explain my problem correctly by the way I am using the most current version of your plugin or script for noesis Please I hope you can help me I want you to guide me and well I leave that image as a reference I do not know if it works I will be waiting for your answer thank you
-Put the g1m file and the g1a/g2a file you want to preview in the same folder, for example (model in red, anim in blue) :
-Under Tools -> project G1M make sure that merge all assets in the same folder is ticked
-Then just open the g1m file and the animations will be loaded automatically on the model
RoockyGTA
ultra-n00b

Post by RoockyGTA »

Well hello again friend I did what you told me in version 4439 of noesis and it did not work for me when importing the G1M model it did not load me and when selecting it it gave me crashed and it closed me and I used that method in version 4455 and yes The G1M model reads me but the animations do not appear and that I did what you said that all the files were in the same folder I also noticed that the options of your plugin or script that I am doing wrong or what else I can do do not appear to be able to export everything to fbx? And also what version do you use of the noesis? sorry for the disturbances
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

RoockyGTA wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:10 am
Well hello again friend I did what you told me in version 4439 of noesis and it did not work for me when importing the G1M model it did not load me and when selecting it it gave me crashed and it closed me and I used that method in version 4455 and yes The G1M model reads me but the animations do not appear and that I did what you said that all the files were in the same folder I also noticed that the options of your plugin or script that I am doing wrong or what else I can do do not appear to be able to export everything to fbx? And also what version do you use of the noesis? sorry for the disturbances
-First make sure that you have the latest Noesis version ; "Tools" -> "check for updates"
-Go to "Tools"->"Display plugin tools". Then "Tools"->"project g1m"-> make sure that the option "merge all assets in the same folder" is selected.
-Don't open the g1m directly there because it will load everything in this folder. Copy the g1m model and the animation files you want in another folder.
-Then open the g1m file
Pigeon
n00b

Post by Pigeon »

Hi

When i export the character for Noesis the dress bones are not connected to the dress. The dress bones are connected to a white mesh how to fix this ?

Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Pigeon wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:06 am Hi

When i export the character for Noesis the dress bones are not connected to the dress. The dress bones are connected to a white mesh how to fix this ?

Yes, that's because the cloth/hair meshes sometimes don't have classic skinning data, their vertices are moved at runtime using physics simulation in a weird way. The "dress bones" aren't true bones, I represent these this way since I don't have other choices, if you click on the skeleton icon in Noesis, you can see these in blue. The white meshes you're referring too are driver meshes,
I put both these physics nodes and the driver meshes so you can use them to rig the cloth however you want : you can just rig to the physics nodes, use the Blender data transfer modifier or whatever your editor has to transfer the weights from the driver mesh to the actual cloth/hair mesh or just do proper cloth simulation.
RoockyGTA
ultra-n00b

Post by RoockyGTA »

[img]

Friend I did everything you told me and it finally worked thank you very much I understood it and it turned out very well now one more question is that as the models are separated by bodies, heads and hair, if I export the animation in fbx format and load it in a program like blender or 3ds max will only see the animation in that part of the body with which it exported? In a few words, I mean if I export the animation of the whole body but not of the head, the animation will not be seen in that missing part? in this case of the head I do not know if I explain or express it well I hope you have understood me
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

RoockyGTA wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:55 am Friend I did everything you told me and it finally worked thank you very much I understood it and it turned out very well now one more question is that as the models are separated by bodies, heads and hair, if I export the animation in fbx format and load it in a program like blender or 3ds max will only see the animation in that part of the body with which it exported? In a few words, I mean if I export the animation of the whole body but not of the head, the animation will not be seen in that missing part? in this case of the head I do not know if I explain or express it well I hope you have understood me
Yes it's easy, do the same thing but put the head g1m file in the folder too. So you'll have head.g1m, body.g1m and the animations. Then open one of the g1m in Noesis and everything will be merged and loaded directly.
RoockyGTA
ultra-n00b

Post by RoockyGTA »

[img]

Hear one more question and is that here what happened? I put only the textures that are from the correct body parts but it gave me that error, what can I do there? It is not as important as the animations but I would like to know out of curiosity why this happened?
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

RoockyGTA wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:50 am [img]

Hear one more question and is that here what happened? I put only the textures that are from the correct body parts but it gave me that error, what can I do there? It is not as important as the animations but I would like to know out of curiosity why this happened?
This is because the G1T files are split and need to be recombined into a single one. Check this tutorial here : viewtopic.php?p=164248#p164234
New Cethleann link that you'll need https://github.com/yretenai/Cethleann/r ... ag/1.1.104
When you'll have the G1T recombined just put it next to the models and animations.