Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 4 PS2 .snd audios

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
HardRain
ultra-n00b

Resident Evil 4 PS2 .snd audios

Post by HardRain »

Hi there, guys.
I am currently modding the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4, the sound files of this version are completely different if compared to the other versions (2007, UHD).
The .snd files contain several compressed .vag (or .raw) sounds inside of it, I am able to extract them using HxD editor, however it takes a lot of time if I would be doing this for every sound that I need to edit.

I am here to ask if someone can help me to make a script to extract the all the sounds at once and repacks them back. If that isn't possible, I wish someone tell me in which topic can I learn to do that, please.
I know almost everything about this file from HxD: starting offset, ending, size of each sound, padding, quantity, frequencies in Hz, so maybe it won't be so hard to achieve.

Thanks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Link to two .snd fie example:
https://usaupload.com/file/D7y/wep07.snd
https://usaupload.com/file/D7B/wep03.snd
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Resident Evil 4 PS2 .snd audios

Post by DKDave »

This probably won't help with repacking (not my area of interest usually), but this QuickBMS script will extract all of the sounds from the .snd files.

There are about 11,000+ files in total. It should get you a start at least.
snd.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
HardRain
ultra-n00b

Re: Resident Evil 4 PS2 .snd audios

Post by HardRain »

DKDave wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:08 pm This probably won't help with repacking (not my area of interest usually), but this QuickBMS script will extract all of the sounds from the .snd files.

There are about 11,000+ files in total. It should get you a start at least.

snd.zip
This is incredible, simply amazing. Thank you so much! :keke: