Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 models modding tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Ganic3000
veteran

Re: Far Cry 5 models modding tool

Post by Ganic3000 »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:16 pm
Ganic3000 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:03 pm What's the second? The one for the hair?
I dont remember which one had 2 UVs, but there are 2 EXE files attached here.
Perhaps I wrote before, but I'll just remind you that these tools only work with clothes, because xbg ​​has main names such as chassis (cars) and frame (weapons), if the game does not see them in xbg, then the model is not visible in game, I succeeded because I made it work by slightly changing the name "modedmesh_lod0" (can't remember the name exactly) to the required ones.
It's named "moddedmesh_lod0"
Here is my version renamed "moddedmesh_lod0" to "FRAME". (Makarov pistol from the game stalker SoC)
Black bill
ultra-n00b

Post by Black bill »

Have you ever tried to replace a player's model?
Black bill
ultra-n00b

重新: 远哭 5 模型改装工具

Post by Black bill »

Ganic3000 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:06 pm
daemon1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:06 am сейчас совершенно нет времени может позже
По раздумывал несколько дней и понял как по фиксить текстуры, но это ещё та задача :wink:
Hey, can you replace the player's model? I'm willing to spend money.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Black bill wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:02 pm Have you ever tried to replace a player's model?
as i remember, there were some extra work needed for faces.
But i never did that because nobody asked.
Black bill
ultra-n00b

Post by Black bill »

daemon1 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:54 am
Black bill wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:02 pm Have you ever tried to replace a player's model?
as i remember, there were some extra work needed for faces.
But i never did that because nobody asked.
I'm glad you've heard from me. In fact, I want to return to guerrilla warfare in island fright five. Because I think the team system of this game is really awesome. So I tried to make a model of Guevara and a model of Stalin.
I'd love to see me lead 20 guerrillas against 200 enemies. So I really want to bring historical celebrities into the model of the protagonist, and I want you to help me replace them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Black bill wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:46 pm So I really want to bring historical celebrities into the model of the protagonist, and I want you to help me replace them.
I can't help you now. I'm not working on this tool anymore. Maybe later.
Black bill
ultra-n00b

Post by Black bill »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:54 am
Black bill wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:46 pm So I really want to bring historical celebrities into the model of the protagonist, and I want you to help me replace them.
It seems that not many people pay attention to this game. I can only say that I feel very sorry.
Black bill
ultra-n00b

Post by Black bill »

I'm willing to pay you to do it!
EmreCan
ultra-n00b

Post by EmreCan »

Hey Daemon thank you for your efforts,this game has so much modding potential,if we could import custom models for game characters that would be awesome.I dont know if its easy or not but if there is a chanse and if you have interest please support this game little more.
Alexxxxxxx
ultra-n00b

Post by Alexxxxxxx »

Ganic3000 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 am
SlaYeR5530 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm Does anyone working on .xbg file importer for 3dsmax? Also some kind of GUI for the program would be nice

EDIT: Sorry im a noob in terms of using blender or maya, 3dsmax is my main program, but i think i might be able to figure it out

Okay so i tried changing reflex sight model to a completely different one, everything was going suprisingly smoothly but ingame its gone.
In shop i can see the original one appear for a split second but then it disappear, when aiming ingame i can only see the reticle.

I tried with keeping skeleton unchanged and with removed "skeleton" bone and only difference was lack of any warnings at conversion to .xgb
Adding vertex weights to bones didnt help either
Maybe my video will help you with something.
https://youtu.be/aZq1wVGHY0Q
https://youtu.be/IZ8p5rsHK1E
Hey Ganic, is it possible to watch the video? I will be grateful.
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Alexxxxxxx wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:27 pm
Ganic3000 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 am
SlaYeR5530 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm Does anyone working on .xbg file importer for 3dsmax? Also some kind of GUI for the program would be nice

EDIT: Sorry im a noob in terms of using blender or maya, 3dsmax is my main program, but i think i might be able to figure it out

Okay so i tried changing reflex sight model to a completely different one, everything was going suprisingly smoothly but ingame its gone.
In shop i can see the original one appear for a split second but then it disappear, when aiming ingame i can only see the reticle.

I tried with keeping skeleton unchanged and with removed "skeleton" bone and only difference was lack of any warnings at conversion to .xgb
Adding vertex weights to bones didnt help either
Maybe my video will help you with something.
https://youtu.be/aZq1wVGHY0Q
https://youtu.be/IZ8p5rsHK1E
Hey Ganic, is it possible to watch the video? I will be grateful.
https://youtu.be/57o0aokQPmI
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Converted from Half Life 2 Episode 2 :D
sonickjuice
ultra-n00b

Post by sonickjuice »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:20 pm Far Cry 5 models modding tool allows changing almost any skeletal model in the game for a custom model.

Examples of modified hair and clothes:

Usage:

1. Import or make your custom model in UE4.22.3, build it and save (you must get .uasset & .uexp)
2. run corresponding tool for clothes or hairs (fc5mod_xxx your.uasset original.xbg) - this will make XBG file
Example: fc5mod_hairs.exe myhairs.uasset hair_straight02_aver_f.xbg
3. Import XBG file into the game using Far Cry 5 Resistance mod

Brief tutorial in steps: https://sta.sh/0hkoymn3vgd

p.s. There are some restrictions. More detailed help will be added later.
Hello. Could you possibly help me with trying to figure out how to import this? I don't exactly know what tools I need, and .exe files are very weird as mod assets. How would I convert them into a .a3 file so I could install them?
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Used UE4.22.3 for coocket export to uexp uasset.
File .a3 it .zip archive, just rename .zip to .a3.
FCBConverter Tool to help. It can both unpack and pack dat\fat archives, convert uasset, uexp to .xbg (depending on what type of model, clothing or weapon or vehicle).
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I'm back to this engine now. Currently working on fc6. So if there's a need to fix anything in this tool, now its good time to do it. Let me know.