Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
floxay
veteran

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by floxay »

Why not just use Steam depot downloader?
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

[/quote]
Doesn't sound familiar, maybe post a UID that's failing for you, runtime log, anything that seems relevant like that.
[/quote]

ill attach screenshots, but everything exits the same within pycharm as it does with any body or head dump, but even the mp5 that Tushkan has added doesnt even dump properly either. Is there something I need to change in the code to search specifically for weapons models instead of bodys/heads?

This is my attempt at dumping the SMG-12
https://imgur.com/gallery/FF6ygUU
Custard
advanced

Post by Custard »

DeadmanWasTaken wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:43 pm If you don't mind uploading them, I'll definitely download them
Neither my Google drive or Mega allows a 70GB size anyway so that thing floxay linked sound like the one.
Kluhez wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:07 am ill attach screenshots, but everything exits the same within pycharm as it does with any body or head dump, but even the mp5 that Tushkan has added doesnt even dump properly either. Is there something I need to change in the code to search specifically for weapons models instead of bodys/heads?

Looks like you've left the cache generation line in instead of swapping the hash back after running it once, that would cause your issue.
Ankhati
beginner

Post by Ankhati »

Are the some people who share some models with MASK and detail maps?
So far i've seen very few.
Custard wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:23 am
DeadmanWasTaken wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:43 pm If you don't mind uploading them, I'll definitely download them
Neither my Google drive or Mega allows a 70GB size anyway so that thing floxay linked sound like the one.
Kluhez wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:07 am ill attach screenshots, but everything exits the same within pycharm as it does with any body or head dump, but even the mp5 that Tushkan has added doesnt even dump properly either. Is there something I need to change in the code to search specifically for weapons models instead of bodys/heads?

Looks like you've left the cache generation line in instead of swapping the hash back after running it once, that would cause your issue.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Ankhati wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm Are the some people who share some models with MASK and detail maps?
I'm not sure if I understand, MASK maps are mostly used by uniforms and headgears to add additional detail, for guns there is usually just a single detail normal for the whole material (the base metal det one which looks terrible imo lol)
darthme
n00b

Post by darthme »

Do you think we could also extract audio files (i know a little off topic but still)
darthme
n00b

Post by darthme »

Tushkan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:40 pm darthme yes, I'll be glad if you help me setting up a github repo. I have some experience with git itself, but never tried to publish any repos. You can ping me in discord (Ulibos#3846) so we can make it in realtime.

yyred123 no, not yet. I'm reversing the file in an inefficent way. To do it well I have to dig up the actual game code and reverse that one to retrieve all the structures. For that I have to find a way to break in the middle of a serializer execution and dig my way up the stack. The fact that code is vm protected complicates things. If someone could help me with that, things would go faster. But I haven't found anyone ho has knowledge and time to guide me through an optimal workflow (although there are people who gave valuable hints). Until I get my hands on actual serializer, I doubt maps data will be available.

Custard, sorry for not dropping shaders dump, can't find time, but I do remember about it. And yes, LODs are embedded in same mesh file. It has 1 array of verts and 3 to 5 poly arrays that all point to those verts. Each such poly array is a LOD. This way they don't have to save exclusive set of verts along with UVs and skin weights per LOD.
I know its been months (sorry), lemme know If there is aldready one, but I made a github repository. If anyone has found any bugs or wants to improve the code that was originally on dropbox please Pull Requst
https://github.com/darthnithin/R6-Unpacker
Ankhati
beginner

Post by Ankhati »

Those detail maps really adds a lot when rendering in Blender and using a good node for nesting the normal maps.
floxay wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:03 pm
Ankhati wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm Are the some people who share some models with MASK and detail maps?
I'm not sure if I understand, MASK maps are mostly used by uniforms and headgears to add additional detail, for guns there is usually just a single detail normal for the whole material (the base metal det one which looks terrible imo lol)
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Ankhati wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:50 am Those detail maps really adds a lot when rendering in Blender and using a good node for nesting the normal maps.
yeah, those looks great on uniforms and headgears but the weapons tend to use only one (or none) for metal which looks terrible imo

Ankhati
beginner

Post by Ankhati »

My next challenge is to create a node in DAZ3D that will handle the masked normal maps. I am quite proficient with blender nodes, but the Nvidia MDL are something very different.

floxay wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:05 am
Ankhati wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:50 am Those detail maps really adds a lot when rendering in Blender and using a good node for nesting the normal maps.
yeah, those looks great on uniforms and headgears but the weapons tend to use only one (or none) for metal which looks terrible imo

Ankhati
beginner

Post by Ankhati »

In the XNAlara import script I found this rather simple normal map mixer. How does it compare?

That one I can port to DAZ3D quite easily.
Custard wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:23 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

darthme wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:15 am I know its been months (sorry), lemme know If there is aldready one, but I made a github repository. If anyone has found any bugs or wants to improve the code that was originally on dropbox please Pull Requst
https://github.com/darthnithin/R6-Unpacker
Lol, I just made my own repo a month ago ))). It's ok though, I only made it local and didn't yet publish it so I will use yours as the "official" one. I also made some fixes in mesh parsing code and moved stuff here and there. So I will push my patches to your repo later on (I'm hoping to fix normals based on floxray's recent hint).
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Has anyone had an issue with missing/transparent albeto textures. Ive hit this issue with a few models currently Cav Elite Head. the preview is pure black instead of the human colored skin.
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Which preview? Windows preview? If sow than it's most likely because of black alpha channel (it is used for things other than transparency in game because heads are not transparent). RGB channels still contain data you expect.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kluhez wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:09 pm Has anyone had an issue with missing/transparent albeto textures. Ive hit this issue with a few models currently Cav Elite Head. the preview is pure black instead of the human colored skin.
As tushkan said that's a correct texture, in blender make sure to set those to 'channel packed'