Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dragon quest Rivals ace (PC)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Enkidu115
beginner

Dragon quest Rivals ace (PC)

Post by Enkidu115 »

I'm interested in extracting the files of the game, but i don't know where to start or if others have already developed a tool for it. in the files there is 2 folders, Chara and Data- i thought that it would be easy to find the files where the characters may be, but when i checked it, it only had 2 folders for characters, with that for the two folders it had one .c3b file and a .tga- which i don't think it is a tga file as when i try to open it, it fails to open. if i had to guess, character 1 and 2 are Terry and Jessica, as those are the two characters in the tutorial while the game finishes downloading, I thought that when it was done it would add more files to the folders but nope, i don't know if the rest of the assets are. either they are in the .bins in the data folder, or stored somewhere else on my pc. if anyone is willing to help that will be appreciated.
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dragon quest Rivals ace (PC)

Post by einherjar007 »

I checked it before. The PC and mobile versions have compressed and encrypted files for cocos2D.
The Switch version can acquire unencrypted data. I was able to play c3b on Cocos Editor, but there is no way to convert it.

Files for DQ Rivals cannot be loaded with previously someone created Noesis or blender plugins.
I'm no longer interested in this game and have deleted all the files so I can't do any new information or validation.
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

that is a shame, but at least this gives me some lead, any further information i can find i will post here
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

The service will end soon. All I have is the terry file I tried during the test.
In the PC / Mobile version, the files are compressed and encrypted. Only the Switch version is unencrypted and available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

interesting. how long before the servers are down permanently or is that unknown?
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Jul 05.
It will end soon. Since the PC version and mobile version are compressed and encrypted, only the Switch version can be used.
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

i should get the files from the switch then, and soon
Redistrer
ultra-n00b

Post by Redistrer »

I could not find any way to convert c3b files. (I found a converter that can convert fbx to c3b though).
Cocos supports playing c3b files, but there is no way to export them. Also, I don't know how to import animated c3b files.
einherjar007 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:38 pm The service will end soon. All I have is the terry file I tried during the test.
In the PC / Mobile version, the files are compressed and encrypted. Only the Switch version is unencrypted and available.
How can I import 3D model c3b/Animation c3b into Noesis?
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Redistrer wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:18 am I could not find any way to convert c3b files. (I found a converter that can convert fbx to c3b though).
Cocos supports playing c3b files, but there is no way to export them. Also, I don't know how to import animated c3b files.
einherjar007 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:38 pm The service will end soon. All I have is the terry file I tried during the test.
How can I import 3D model c3b/Animation c3b into Noesis?
It is possible to play c3b models and c3b animations by creating your own viewer with Cocos Editor. I did it before. However, it is just the content that is played in the cocos engine, and it cannot be converted to a general file such as fbx.
As a general, cocos files are irreversible. Also, since it works with OpenGL, Ninja Ripper cannot be used.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

cocos2d is open source so someone could make a noesis plugin to load them if they want.
https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/bl ... tion3D.cpp
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

I actually made a script for that game with anim support a while ago, completely forgot to release it. Will clean it and release it this week
chrrox wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:03 pm cocos2d is open source so someone could make a noesis plugin to load them if they want.
Why did I bother... Fortunately it was simple enough
iguniisu
ultra-n00b

Post by iguniisu »

Joschka wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:02 pm I actually made a script for that game with anim support a while ago, completely forgot to release it. Will clean it and release it this week
chrrox wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:03 pm cocos2d is open source so someone could make a noesis plugin to load them if they want.
Why did I bother... Fortunately it was simple enough
Any news on this? I've been trying to fix a script for the same format based on the structure from https://github.com/cocos2d-x/fbx-conv/b ... innary.cpp and getting nowhere.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

iguniisu wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:10 pm
Any news on this? I've been trying to fix a script for the same format based on the structure from https://github.com/cocos2d-x/fbx-conv/b ... innary.cpp and getting nowhere.
I just completely forgot about it, will post it this evening
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Script uploaded : https://github.com/Joschuka/fmt_c3b
Just select a model c3b and the textures will be auto loaded. When prompted, select an anim folder if you want to load anims.

Only tested on the Switch files, many thanks to einherjar007 for the overall information about the filesystem and the differences between platforms and to DKDave for his Medarot script, this one is a direct upgrade of his work.
wansf
veteran

Post by wansf »

the game is completely disappear from the earth
would be really appreciate if someone could upload full assets , please