Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Kluhez
beginner

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Kluhez »

floxay wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:00 pm did you look at the script folder as well?
Thats where it is thanks! Is there a reason the set destination doesnt work?
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kluhez wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:03 pm Thats where it is thanks! Is there a reason the set destination doesnt work?
plain uncompressed data is not exactly what you are looking for
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Alright back again, and finally was able to import the meshjson files from 'datapc64_merged_bnk_000000021_mesh' and it looked like assets from the map Bank but also had 2 guns and 2 bodies + 1 head. attached below. Now the mp5K was imported fully textured, but nothing else. Should I upload that to p3dm as is or is there more beauty work i need to do?
edit: link https://imgur.com/a/LmwcU6E
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kluhez wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:16 pm the mp5K was imported fully textured, but nothing else
That mp5 is only textured because Tushkan textured it, it was already in the included blend along with a skin of Caveira IIRC.

The script won't import you models with set-up, ready to use materials, it's all manual work to set those up.
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Ah i dont know how that slipped my mind.
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Quick question are the UIDs the number names of the blender models, cause if so I have Frost elite body, comp mozzie 20' body, Bain bucket mozzie headgear, valk elite headgear, and a few other bodies and heads that i know the op of but not the specific skin. Also how would I go about importing legs, hands etc, and texturing the character?
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

settings.EXPORT is a remnant of my initial research. It was used to initially dump raw data while I was reversing forges. It is not used in dump scripts. Scripts dump stuff next to themselves to keep it more or less in one place.

You can't unpack forges that are pre Breakout event because this is roughly where they [again] changed internal forge's structure. I have code that can unpack older forges (but not years 1-2, those didn't use zstd, my code only works with zstd versions) but it's not integrated in the published tool.

Yes, file names are original UIDS from forge data. I asked everyone to gather those because I was planning to build a small database containing all known parts. However, I never came to implementing it actually.

There is no way to automatically build an asset. This would require to parse an asset file which is too complex to reverse engineer by hand. Script only provides you with more or less relevant pieces of an asset. Everything else is up to one to rebuild manually. You can use my example models to get an idea of how those are formed. But asking floxray or Custard for their shaders would be better because they managed to figure out how texture details are used.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Thank you now I think i have a better grasp on what the parts are doing but Ive hit another snag. Im trying to texture this Frost Elite, yet when I apply an image texture to the body only the straps get textured and the rest stay white. (I have the same issue with the legs but the reverse). Ive only worked with meshes that have a single image texture per mesh so this confuses me.

https://imgur.com/a/1rRTjeM
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Kluhez wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:28 pm when I apply an image texture to the body only the straps get textured and the rest stay white
change slot
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Ive never seen that but thats for my lack of 3d experience. Also with the addition of now skins are they packed into a random forge or will they be put into the last forge? (Wondering because of the new mozzie skin added recently)
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

everything persistent gets merged into the base forges sooner or later but you can't really count on that

what is already released is definitely in the base forges unless it gets an update, in that case it gets put into another forge and merged to base forges later

mozzie elite is in the base forge (pretty much the biggest one with merged in its name, cant recall the name of it rn) I can give you the elite mozzie UIDs (forges IDs) later but i believe it was posted here before by @dekiroz

also the mozzie elite head and hair meshes dont seem to be placed correctly in modelspace, you have to manually position those after importing as we don't have bindpose or anything like that with this script exported (yet, hopefully)

EDIT: yes, dekiroz posted it #174799 (don't dump the head mesh as that is the base one and you'd get all mozzie headgear skins too, only dump the 'hat' and 'body', if you want the props used in his MVP animation: 346925989708)
Also datapc64_merged_bnk_000000021_mesh.forge is the name of the merged forge holding most of the interesting meshes

EDIT 2: Here's an eye diffuse for mozzie https://i.ibb.co/LQD0yZ8/CHR-SASR-Mozzi ... iffuse.png
Last edited by floxay on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

This is my first time using Mega so let me know if the link isnt working, but i sorted through 300 or so charms but have yet to texture them, the majority of them being chibis and ranked charms.
<link with game assets has been deleted by moderator>
DeadmanWasTaken
ultra-n00b

Post by DeadmanWasTaken »

Hey, this looks really good and I was wondering if you could extract all of the weapon models/textures for me. If you want I found a list of each UID for some people on this thread. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12NTfPx ... sp=sharing Thank you!
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

Floxxay how do you sort through these models, What im doing is sorting by the 3rd to last number in the uid, and that gets some full models like rook and twitch elites but others only i only find their hands, is this because i split the forges export? (I split them by 1000s)

https://imgur.com/gallery/Tx9xfr4
Kluhez
beginner

Post by Kluhez »

DeadmanWasTaken wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:02 am Hey, this looks really good and I was wondering if you could extract all of the weapon models/textures for me. If you want I found a list of each UID for some people on this thread. https://drive.google.com/file/d/12NTfPx ... sp=sharing Thank you!
Hey Floxy, uploaded a bunch already to p3dm but i made a list with the ones already uploaded (Green), and ones I currently have and are working on in blender (untextured and no mags (Orange)). Im dumping Bandit's MP7, and will work on the others, if you have something specific?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing